Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 04:03 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well I'm black and I do not support same sex marriage. But I put my money where my mouth is by not being apart of the political party that helps and supports that. That is one of several reasons I am republican.
+1 I am neither black no gay, but also anti-'gay-marriage.' Civil union is fine by me. If a gay couple wants to have all the legal benefits and obligations of man & wife but 'marriage' is an English word that means union between man & woman.

Marriage has been thus for at least several thousand years. The ancient Greeks were very tolerant of homosexuality but AFAIK were not dumb enough to have 'gay marriage.' Confucious said, 'the beginning of wisdom is calling things by their correct names.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 04:11 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
According to the 2000 census, Atlanta ranked third among cities with a population of more than 100,000 in the number of same-sex households, behind San Francisco and Seattle.

It ranked second in the number of African-American same-sex households, behind only the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area.
Still didn't answer my question.

However I get what you and Ferrari are implying.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Mormons funded the effort to the tune of $50 million worth of deceptive propaganda which swayed the uneducated masses into voting for the proposition. I've read that gay activists didn't focus as much on the black community as they should have. They could have had public service announcements by such prominent black Californians as Maxine Waters, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant (oh sorry), Monique, Queen Latifah, Barbara Lee, Vanessa Williams etc.
If the mormons hadn't spent so much on misinforming the public, the Prop would have not been passed.
Quote:
That is NOT true. It was 53% For among latino voters.

Prop. 8 and the Hispanic Vote - HispanicBusiness.com

The problem with Calif is that there are TOO MANY immigrants. They bring the backwardsness of their home countries to the culture and it is reflected in their voting, since they are easily swayed by propaganda. Low education levels, religious fundamentalism and such.
It appears you need to start listening to some of the tolerance clap trap you spew forth. Three fingers pointing back at you.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:15 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
+1 I am neither black no gay, but also anti-'gay-marriage.' Civil union is fine by me. If a gay couple wants to have all the legal benefits and obligations of man & wife but 'marriage' is an English word that means union between man & woman.

Marriage has been thus for at least several thousand years. The ancient Greeks were very tolerant of homosexuality but AFAIK were not dumb enough to have 'gay marriage.' Confucious said, 'the beginning of wisdom is calling things by their correct names.'
Um, Same-sex marriage existed in Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece, Egypt, China, etc. So yes, the Greeks were dumb enough to have same-sex marriage (although "gay" as an orientation was unknown at the time). Several Roman emperors married the same-sex.

You also easily ignore the fact that marriage never used to be between 2 people, but between one man and multiple women. Words change meaning all the time. To claim "marriage" must for all eternity only be defined as between one man and one man is not only stupid, but disproved from history.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Still didn't answer my question.

However I get what you and Ferrari are implying.
Ferrari? Is your maturity level so low that you can't even use someone's proper forum name?

Old 11-19-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Ferrari? Is your maturity level so low that you can't even use someone's proper forum name?
No I just didn't want to go back and look up the spelling of your screen name but I knew it was a little red sports car. Don't take it personally, wasn't meant as a slam. Actually I wouldn't mind being referred to as a Ferrari rather than some of the other foul terms the Progressives on this board have used to describe me.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
No I just didn't want to go back and look up the spelling of your screen name but I knew it was a little red sports car. Don't take it personally, wasn't meant as a slam. Actually I wouldn't mind being referred to as a Ferrari rather than some of the other foul terms the Progressives on this board have used to describe me.
My name is not a little sports car, fyi.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
My name is not a little sports car, fyi.
Well what is it?

I had a buddy that had a red Fiyero back in college. A mid engine thing that was a kind of a chick magnet.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
If the mormons hadn't spent so much on misinforming the public, the Prop would have not been passed.
Well, as you may know, I was opposed to my Church's involvement in this issue, but seriously, you can't possibly know how the vote would have gone had it not been a participant. That's an entirely subjective statement and you know it.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:54 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Nobody turns gay.

As for the OP, doesn't surprise me, despite it being rather ironic that one of the most mistreated minorities has no problem oppressing other minorities, but then blacks aren't known for high education levels and it's usually the more educated parts of society that understand gays aren't the debil.

Homosexuals are not oppressed by African - American and if they (are) let me be corrected , show documentation of " Gays " being LYNCHED by AA..Castrated....Tar and Feathered.....Raped and Lynched female Gays.....Property Taken Away From Gays...etc.

Blacks know that Homosexual committed relationships are Domestic Partnerships and not Homosexual Marriages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies