Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I don't know?? How do you think homosexuals should be "treated"....

Maybe we can make a little headway?
I've made my point clear in this thread. Yours would be opposite of that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
It is a fact that in the natural world humans are born genetically to be attracted to a certain sex or even genetically to be attracted to certain types of people of the opposite sex.
Where's the gene for that?

Sexuality is behavioral. Sexuality is biological. But there's no proof that sexual orientation is genetic. There's no hetero-gene, or pedo-gene, or homo-gene, I-prefer-hamsters-gene, or I-like-feet-gene.

Anyhow this thread veered off topic as I figured it would.

My original post asked - can Nigeria do what they want? And many people answered yes, it's their country they can.

When the international community decides to sanction Nigeria because of their decision - is that fair? Let's cut aid to Nigeria because they don't accept homosexuality. 98% of African nations don't accept homosexuality - except South Africa. There are no Asian nations that provides for gay marriage nor middle eastern nations.

If their civilizations are much older than the rest of the world's, what makes the Eurocentric nations so certain that homosexuality is normal? Is it because that's what they want to believe? Or do the older civilizations of the world know that it leads to the disintegration of normal sexual roles for males and females in our society.

Homosexuals want the right to marry, and in many Eurocentric nations they have that right. But not anywhere else on the planet is this a consideration - only in nations that have been touched by Eurocentric values.

Nigeria is a muslim nation for the most part, as are many nations on the continent of Africa. Does religion play more part in their decision or is it cultural?

Accepting homosexuality upsets basic human social roles which have stood the test of time since humans began walking upright.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When the international community decides to sanction Nigeria because of their decision - is that fair?
When does "sanction" become fair versus unfair? You need to define that.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:41 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Boy this thread lends credence to gays having their own sub-forum...

That way they they can all sit in front of their screens and get more exercise bobbing their heads in agreement with each other...

What business is it of the American gay community what another country does concerning their gay's?

I don't see any gay people here raising a peep over the Muslim countries having the death penalty for being gay (nor the fact over 4,000 gays have been beheaded in the last 2 decades just because they were gay)...

Hypocrisy at it's best
Haha. Yet Christians waste no time in getting involved in aiding other Christians in countries such as China, where they are oppressed.

American blacks were very concerned and involved with opposition to the Apartheid government of South Africa.

Should these people not care how others similar to them are treated around the world?

And why would any gay people bring up the situation regarding homosexuality laws in other Muslim countries. This thread is about Nigeria.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I've made my point clear in this thread. Yours would be opposite of that?
To paraphrase you... all I gathered was you have no problem with gays. You believe they are people like everybody else (as do I). They should be respected as such (so do I).

I don't agree with homosexuality, as a lifestyle.

You must.

Again, where does "treatment" come in?

Old 12-01-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Where's the gene for that?

Sexuality is behavioral. Sexuality is biological. But there's no proof that sexual orientation is genetic. There's no hetero-gene, or pedo-gene, or homo-gene, I-prefer-hamsters-gene, or I-like-feet-gene.

Anyhow this thread veered off topic as I figured it would.

My original post asked - can Nigeria do what they want? And many people answered yes, it's their country they can.

When the international community decides to sanction Nigeria because of their decision - is that fair? Let's cut aid to Nigeria because they don't accept homosexuality. 98% of African nations don't accept homosexuality - except South Africa. There are no Asian nations that provides for gay marriage nor middle eastern nations.

If their civilizations are much older than the rest of the world's, what makes the Eurocentric nations so certain that homosexuality is normal? Is it because that's what they want to believe? Or do the older civilizations of the world know that it leads to the disintegration of normal sexual roles for males and females.

I am not talking about religion. I am talking about social roles which have stood the test of time since humans began walking upright.
Great point... I agree. Genders should have clear, defined roles.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
To paraphrase you... all I gathered was you have no problem with gays. You believe they are people like everybody else (as do I). They should be respected as such (so do I).

I don't agree with homosexuality, as a lifestyle.

You must.

Again, where does "treatment" come in?
Well...

Quote:
How about this...??

Parents live next to a gay couple and their kids ask "How are two men married?"

That would bother me as a parent to great extent.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well...
And that has no bearing on the homosexual couple or their "treatment"...

continue.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Why is it every time a nation on the planet decides to make laws that strengthen the relationship between males and females, by not allowing same sex relationships to be validated, the homosexual community stands up to counter it with the argument that it's homophobia, or it's bigotry, etc?

Nigeria has plural marriages. I don't agree with plural marriages at all, but I'm not going to say they're ignorant chauvinists. It's their culture. It's what's normal in their society.

Just as the rejection of homosexuality is what they prefer in their society.

As a result of that Britain says they'll sanction. Is Britain prepared to allow plural marriages in their country? Should Nigeria and all other nations that allow plural marriage boycott Britain until they allow plural marriages?

It's a culture clash. I think the world should stay out of Nigeria's business.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
And that has no bearing on the homosexual couple or their "treatment"...

continue.
Why do you have an issue with homosexuals? Discomfort with a married homosexual couple? Would you prefer to keep them out of your comfort zone instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies