Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 07:37 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times

Advertisements

^^^ Another post that addresses the OP:

Nigeria seeks to criminalize homosexuality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Here, let me give you some quotes by other posters in my thread:

Half of those quotes absolutely do not support your proposition on their face. The others are waaay taken out of context. Others are clearly not posted by any gay person.

For example, the quote: "Nigeria is black and Muslim"... I posted that, to refute your proposition that "liberals refuse to criticize what's happening in Nigeria because they are Islamic".... I stated that the thread on Nigerian homosexuality criminalization was RIFE with liberals and gays denouncing the backwardness of that country.

Also, pointing out that gays in America have to fight for themselves and live among hypocrites who talk out of their @sses about "liberty and freedom" whilst claiming their fellow Americans shouldn't bother trying to get equal rights..... does NOT equate to "Gays don't care about the plight of other gays around the world."

Old 12-01-2011, 07:47 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Half of those quotes absolutely do not support your proposition on their face. The others are waaay taken out of context. Others are clearly not posted by any gay person.

For example, the quote: "Nigeria is black and Muslim"... I posted that, to refute your proposition that "liberals refuse to criticize what's happening in Nigeria because they are Islamic".... I stated that the thread on Nigerian homosexuality criminalization was RIFE with liberals and gays denouncing the backwardness of that country.

Also, pointing out that gays in America have to fight for themselves and live among hypocrites who talk out of their @sses about "liberty and freedom" whilst claiming their fellow Americans shouldn't bother trying to get equal rights..... does NOT equate to "Gays don't care about the plight of other gays around the world."
~yawn~

I've had my fun with your kind today, thanks

Geez, you just hit on it
Quote:
gays in America have to fight for themselves
No wonder so many gays are beaten in America, they started it first, excellent catch!!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 PM

674 posts, read 698,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
You missed the point....I'm pointing out Nigeria has serious problems that need addressing....it has more cases of AIDS than the United States which has a much larger population.

I already mentioned South Africa has an even worse infection total.

Demonizing Gays will not help the problem and it is Heterosexual transmission that causes the prevalence of AIDS there.

Most HIV cases worldwide are female.....that's my point.

Your last statement is irrelevant HIV does not care IF you are married/female or straight........you mean you don't care about the high rate of infection as long as it does not affect you?....Nice attitude!

I agree that Nigeria has more important things to worry about though I'm not sure why you picked HIV. Malaria kills many more people and can also be prevented quite easily. Why not pick that topic? Or corruption. At the end of the day Nigerians are dealing with their own issues and I'm not going to tell them what those should be. HIV has nothing to do with why this law was passed.The United States has more serious issues to worry about than gay marriage and abortion but they're commonly debated here. People have strange priorities all over the world and that's not going to change based on what you or I think.

I am worried primarily about my family and am in very little danger of contracting HIV. I'm personally responsible and have never been concerned about those who are not. Why are you concerned about HIV?

Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Default Nigeria seeks to criminalize homosexuality

Great, so we all agree that Nigeria has the right, as a sovereign nation, to make their own laws! Good deal.

[Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a geographic area, such as a territory. It can be found in a power to rule and make law that rests on a political fact for which no purely legal explanation can be provided. In theoretical terms, the idea of "sovereignty", historically, from Socrates to Thomas Hobbes, has always necessitated a moral imperative on the entity exercising it.
For centuries past, the idea that a state could be sovereign was always connected to its ability to guarantee the best interests of its own citizens. Thus, if a state could not act in the best interests of its own citizens, it could not be thought of as a “sovereign” state.]

Above taken from Wikipedia.

Their country, their laws.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
~yawn~

I've had my fun with your kind today, thanks

Right. In other words, you admit that you have no coherent, logical argument to support your absurd propositions.

Nice of you to have some grace and bow out of conversation on issues that are obviously WAY over your head.

Too bad you didn't do it earlier, before you managed to embarrass yourself on the subject across multiple threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit
Geez, you just hit on itNo wonder so many gays are beaten in America, they started it first, excellent catch!!!!
Wait... are we debating with a 13 year old here? There is no other excuse for this many oblivious, disjointed and flat out strange posts.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Great, so we all agree that Nigeria has the right, as a sovereign nation, to make their own laws! Good deal.

[Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a geographic area, such as a territory. It can be found in a power to rule and make law that rests on a political fact for which no purely legal explanation can be provided. In theoretical terms, the idea of "sovereignty", historically, from Socrates to Thomas Hobbes, has always necessitated a moral imperative on the entity exercising it.
For centuries past, the idea that a state could be sovereign was always connected to its ability to guarantee the best interests of its own citizens. Thus, if a state could not act in the best interests of its own citizens, it could not be thought of as a “sovereign” state.]

Above taken from Wikipedia.

Their country, their laws.

I'm sure you have never made a pronouncement against the way Saudi Arabia treats its women?

I bet before or after the invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq, you never stated anything along the lines of, "the oppressive dictator needs to be removed...," or "The Taliban oppresses women and girls..."

?

Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Well! Hmph...we can't have this! How dare they?! Who do they think they are? a sovereign nation or something?

I know! Let's send our most militant gays there. I mean the ones that chanted while throwing condoms around in churches. That'll teach 'em.

Seriously, I wonder what the rate of AIDS infection is in Nigeria. I wonder if that has a lot to do with their agenda.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
LMAO, earlier today I opened a couple of negative gay threads and one touched on Nigeria and their gays laws....

Almost all gay responders to my thread said they didn't care what happens to gays in Nigeria or in the rest of the world....

They were only concerned with "bigots in America"

Seems like you are alone in your feelings...
I didn't see a single post say no one cared about gay issues in the rest of the world. Why are you lying?

Old 12-01-2011, 08:19 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post

Seriously, I wonder what the rate of AIDS infection is in Nigeria. I wonder if that has a lot to do with their agenda.
If AIDS were part of the problem, they would be criminalizing heterosexuality, since that's the overwhelming cause of HIV in Africa and the rest of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies