Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times

Advertisements

Obama may have been born in America, but I don't think he is black.

If he is black, why is his skin so light. He acts like a white guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 03:47 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Good post, except that you left out the one crucial fact: if you are a birther, or if you have ever been a birther, you are a racist.
There's a whole lot of assumin' goin round here.

Quote:
There has never been a shred of evidence to cast doubt on President Obama's eligibility to serve. The only basis for someone to make the argument is that they deep down don't think that a black man is eligible to be president.
No, the truth is - deep down, many American's pockets are near empty.

Eligibility be damned. Race be damned. This guy set out in his first year to create his legacy. His second year he again ignored his duties to the people. His third year was very little different. His fourth year is a campaign of hate, class warfare and stirring up people with his hateful Chicago type tactics and rhetoric.

All the while this economy teeters on the brink and people and companies are hurting.

And he wants four more years to finish the job (his words, not mine).

How many people are better off than before?

Who's gonna vote for more of the same? Historically, the people wise up. Those who threw away their votes in the last election under his hollow false promises will not do so again.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
If You're a Birther at this point...

Hell he has already ruined us. What difference does it make now?
A valid point, I must admit.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Enemy, I hope you are correct about this one! He is not getting my vote.
Even if he is the nominee against Obama?

Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I guess I look at things through a different lens... One a little less partisan.

The debt is highly problematic, but hardly Obama's fault alone. Bush left us with two wars that were not paid for rocketing unemployment and a horrific housing market. The stimulus spending was a necessary step, and according to many economists, prevented out and out depression. I think the stimulus should have been greater and not worse.

In the face of unprecedented non-cooperation from congress which included record numbers of filibusters for good legislation, he still managed to get us moving in the right direction in health care, pass financial reform and put 2 good nominees on the supreme court.

This happened while a vile, racist campaign of birtherisim and flat-out false campaign designed to convince low information voters that he was a communist took place.

My problems were that health care didn't go far enough. DADT should have been repealed sooner, Gay marriage needs out and out support and action and financial reform needed to go further. He backed down and capitulated too easily and should have shown more leadership.

See, what I stated above is a well though out position, backed by actual fact and evidence.

Let's see your justification-- and if you can do it without twisting fact or lying I won't think that you're the actual dope.

Fact? A well thought out position? Surely you jest.

Let's go back to the housing crisis that you want to blame on Bush. How about blaming Fannie and Freddie for the collapse? Barney Frank is the main culprit...but you dems don't want to discuss that. Since it happened on the Bush watch....you blame HIM. But the FACTS tell a different story than the fairly tale you just posted.

There was a hearing at the end of Bush's first term regarding Freddie and Fanny, and the dems all claiming that there WAS NO CRISIS!! So....let's put the blame where it should be placed...The facts are that Freddie and Fanny guaranteed bad loans as was the intent of the Clinton mantra that EVERYONE DESERVED TO OWN A HOME...and the government went about doing just that. BAD LOANS = The collapse of the banking industry = the need for bailout and stimulus packages = overseen by that criminal Barney Frank. These are the facts...deal with them.

Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis - YouTube

As for the debt?? In 3 years in office, Obama has increased the debt from 8 trillion to 15 trillion. Bush presided over 2 wars during his presidency + a couple of stimulus packages thrown in on top of it, and the debt was a little over 8 trillion when he left office. Obama has doubled that in 3 years. Again...these are the facts...not a fairy tale.

Obamacare didn't go far enough?? So making sure that medical benefits for illegal aliens are paid in full isn't far enough?? FORCING all Americans to buy insurance....which is against the constitution...isn't far enough?? just how far IS far enough for you left wingdings?? Just how deep do you want us to be buried in debt before you will be satisfied?? And who is going to pay for all of this?? You think that raising the taxes on the top 1% of Americans is the answer to fiscal responsibility?? I call that sort of thinking irrational, irresponsible and just plain stupid.

He passed financial reform? Where? If he passed financial reform..then what in the hell are the OWS folks bitching about?? And wasn't it obama who said that he sided WITH them? Wasn't it pelosi who invoked the name of GOD when blessing them?? Wasn't it the dems who could 'FEEL THEIR PAIN'?? So if there was this great financial reform at the hands of obama....then why all the protests??

As for the birther issue?? Racist?? Once again....any time you lefties see anyone question obama or criticize him, you resort to the RACE card. It's pure NONSENSE and nothing more than a tactic to diffuse any negativity about him. The fact of the matter is that obama had never made available the proper papers regarding his birth certificate. He could have cleared up the entire controversy on day ONE of the question. But he chose NOT to do that. Why? Is it because it's nobody's business? hardly. it is the business of the American people to know WHO they have elected to office and WHERE this person was born. Instead of clearing the matter up...obama waited to 'unveil' the documentation when it was politically and strategically beneficial to HIM and HIS TEAM.

What that did was to portray obama as the tragic figure who was under assault because he is a black man, and it got the entire left wing contingent up in arms....which was the intent since obama was coming up on his re-election campaign and needed hios 'BASE' motivated. Again...clearly a strategic move, and it worked on folks like YOU. Racist?? LOL!!!!!!

Again...your claims are simply ridiculous and not based in any facts at all. The facts are this...Obama is a complete failure as president...not unlike Jimmy Carter was. He has accomplished nothing other than burying us in debt. Other than getting Bin Laden...which he had little to do with....there really is nothing that any of you left wingdings can hang your hat on....OTHER than the fact that he is a left wing president and echoes your pathetic, short sighted view of reality.

This isn't Utopia where everyone gets to have everything for nothing. Someone has to pay...including most of YOU. But I am sure that you haven't thought that far ahead...in fact...probably no further than actually believing that that if taxes are raised on the wealthy, then the government could afford to extend handouts to all of the 99%. And only a true DOPE would believe that fairy tale.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
This isn't Utopia where everyone gets to have everything for nothing. Someone has to pay...
I can't rep you again, so accept my "Well said!"

Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Enemy, I hope you are correct about this one! He is not getting my vote. He reminds me of the "Pillsbury Doughboy" that we had forced on our GOP ticket the last time, ya know the one that didn't even seriously fight to win the election! Good grief...the youtubes would have won the election hands-down if someone on his team had thought to, or been "allowed" by him to simply use them.

Once BO is in handcuffs I guess whomever the world govt. forces upon us will be president but I hope I'm wrong about that.
Bush and condi and cheney first OK.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:33 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
if you are a birther, or if you have ever been a birther, you are a racist.
i don't but into that theory. are there birthers motivated by racism? absolutely, i don't think any of us would ague that. does a belief in birtherism automatically make one a racist? no, not in my opinion.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
The fact that in three, whole years no hospital on Oahu, or heck in the whole state of several islands, has even bothered to put a plaque up at their beautiful facilities is even further proof that this Communist president that had a most-dysfuntional childhood of living in three different countries was not born in Hawaii.
If you are so sure about your convictions as to Obamas true place of birth being elsewhere than the USA, dont you wonder why no legal action has been taken against him?or why you yourself dont file a class action lawsuit to relieve him of his presidency due to not living up to the requirements of becoming president..With all the rightwing hate directed toward this President Dont you think if there were a shred of evidence to prove your allegations that every rightwing media source would be on the case.
Well wonder no more, he was born in Hawaii

Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
To the poster on this thread that denied to me that BO is a Communist, I challenge you...I challenge you in all sincerity, NOT out some fat ego thing, to go to the thread here that I started and it's called something like "reasons obama is unfit to be president."

I challenge you to read the evidence of his CZARS and their communist ideas like was it science CZAR Holdren saying we could control the population by putting something in the drinking water to prevent pregnancies!

Why do so many who call Obama a Communist make such a big deal about his appointments who have been given the nickname of "czar", and emphasize CZAR as if it's ipso facto a connection to Communism? The Russian Communists killed the Czar - the Czar was monarchy, the Communists were anti-monarchy and anti-czar. "Czar" does not connote communism just because both "czar" and "communism" come to our language through Russian history. If instead the White House's "csars" were called "kaisers", it would be equally absurd to conclude that Obama was a Nazi, since both "kaiser" and "Nazi" have German in common.

Just more proof of OP belonging in category (B).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies