Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 05:18 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times

Advertisements

The birther movement is a lot of wasted energy if they did have concrete proof nothing would be done about it anyway. The consequences of removing the 1st black POTUS would be too great and thus they should just give it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 05:22 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,048 times
There are so many legitimate reasons to not vote for Obama this time around, any birther talk will just distract and hinder the opposition to him.

Obama is most vulnerable when the national debate focuses on the issues of his lack of compelling leadership and lack of effective ideas. If people start harping about him not being born in Hawaii or that he is some closet communist Muslim, he may very well win another term. Most reasonable people don't want to be associated with that type of crowd. It won't be a vote for Obama, but rather a vote against the distasteful elements of his opposition if they make enough noise.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:49 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times
Since he's in office, it's now a non-issue. If he really was born outside the US then he's not the problem we should concern ourselves with, it would be figuring out who pulled off such a feat.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
There are so many legitimate reasons to not vote for Obama this time around, any birther talk will just distract and hinder the opposition to him.

Obama is most vulnerable when the national debate focuses on the issues of his lack of compelling leadership and lack of effective ideas. If people start harping about him not being born in Hawaii or that he is some closet communist Muslim, he may very well win another term. Most reasonable people don't want to be associated with that type of crowd. It won't be a vote for Obama, but rather a vote against the distasteful elements of his opposition if they make enough noise.
Thank you. I agree. I have many reasons I am dissatisfied with Obama, but frankly, I am unlikely to vote for an opponent who "goes birther" for the reasons you stated and due to the lack of intelligence/integrity such a move reveals.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Joe, since BO knows whomever aided his election then focusing on him is of course always going to be apropos to repairing the damage done.
He is legally and morally worthy of handcuffs as we type here, today.
However, as one FBI agent told a dear associate of mine concerning why the FBI and other agencies aren't acting upon this subversion in the White House, "they're all frozen."

Of course they are! Defending our constitution against all enemies, both foreign and domestic when no one taking that oath ever dreamed that we'd even have to do such a thing domestically is unthinkable. It will throw our nation into a Constitutional Crisis of mammoth proportions for many months to come, if not years.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
The fact that in three, whole years no hospital on Oahu, or heck in the whole state of several islands, has even bothered to put a plaque up at their beautiful facilities is even further proof that this Communist president that had a most-dysfuntional childhood of living in three different countries was not born in Hawaii.
Is this plaque nonsense the latest birther mantra?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
He definitely has lost much of my support-- but for substantive reasons-- unlike the imaginary reasons the rwnj's keep coming up with -- like birtherisim.

He has lost my support because he is not nearly liberal enough.
'

You DO realize that you have just admitted to being a bigger dope than originally was suspected don't you?

Birtherism aside.....really dude....how in the hell could you support a do nothing, clueless buffoon who has buried this country in a mountain of debt that it will take YEARS of sacrifice and higher taxes to shovel out from under?? Just what has this clown done to gain your undying love??

Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Joe, since BO knows whomever aided his election then focusing on him is of course always going to be apropos to repairing the damage done.
He is legally and morally worthy of handcuffs as we type here, today.
However, as one FBI agent told a dear associate of mine concerning why the FBI and other agencies aren't acting upon this subversion in the White House, "they're all frozen."

Of course they are! Defending our constitution against all enemies, both foreign and domestic when no one taking that oath ever dreamed that we'd even have to do such a thing domestically is unthinkable. It will throw our nation into a Constitutional Crisis of mammoth proportions for many months to come, if not years.

Ok.. You're obviously a true beleiver...

Let me ask you this.... Within the realm of reason what would change your mind about Obama's birthplace? Or is this entirely based on "faith"?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:07 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
You could ask me a better question. If I had in my hands, hospital records that proved his mom was a patient and even told how the bill was paid, would that satisfy me that he has a right to be our president, or only satisfy me that he was indeed "natural born." You see, I am using the birth certificate because there is not one for him on Oahu. One of the officials there told the truth once he quit his job. I'll use anything we have to try and handcuff this president that is violating our Constitution and proud of his "transformation."

I don't care if he was born here or not, in that he is a Communist and most worthy of handcuffs right now for his Subversion and attack on our constitution.

He was very open about his "Fundamental Transformation" but in the romance of us finally doing a good thing--electing our first, black president most of his voters didn't stop, they couldn't stop and think of what he even meant by "fundamental transformation." I get it! I don't blame them for this since the history of it was so overdue, agreeably so!

Our Constitution IS....our Package of our Fundamentals! OOPS...biggest OOPS of the universe because this is true, and not because I say so but because it is reality.

We elected a black man, thank God! The expressions on the faces on that Inauguration Day were fabulous, priceless!

But! we elected "the wrong black man."
He is a Communist.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:09 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post

on the nosie!

give this man a prize.

i've been saying the same thing for years ( not as eloquently as you tho ) and the birthers have only gotten louder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies