Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I've already agreed and thoroughly accepted that people CAN do whatever they want to do.

Did you read and understand that?

Good. Now, what say you about what these people should be contributing to, morally speaking?

Or is that just not a welcome angle of reasoning in your world?
First of all, the "study" was done by an agenda-driven group. Their findings are hardly credible. And propaganda coming from the LGBT community is rarely anything but drama and hyperbole. Their claim that "WinShape Foundation" is a hate group is absolutely absurd. A straight-up lie (which is typical of liberals).

In short, the very premise of all this drama is idiotic. Much ado about nothing.

That said, the owners of Chick-Fil-A should contribute to the charities they feel compelled to donate to. It's their money. They could run a million dollar ad in "The Advocate" for all I care. My patronizing of them won't change one way or the other.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Petite Jorge.

I figure anyone that comes up with a handle like yours for themself, is someone who's definitiey suffering from some major inferiority issues. Let me guess, you wear a size 6 shoe?
Is this really what your arguments and retorts have dwindled to? Really?

Old 07-05-2012, 06:56 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post

In short, the very premise of all this drama is idiotic. Much ado about nothing.
What drama? LOL

As far as I can tell, you're the only one getting all excited over this.

Most of us are, like, "Meh. I guess I'll spend my money elsewhere."

Old 07-05-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
What drama? LOL

As far as I can tell, you're the only one getting all excited over this.

Most of us are, like, "Meh. I guess I'll spend my money elsewhere."
I'm reading the HuffPo article. Drama indeed.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
What a load of crap.

This company is run by a religious nutjob, who feels that the bible has given him the right to persecute gays.

This type of behavior shouldn't be tolerated anymore than if they were giving money to the KKK to support anti Black programs.

It's time to take the gloves off, when dealing with these homophobic a**holes, and hit them where it hurts the most. In the pocketbook.
But yet we tolerate the CBC.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Credibility of this article aside, do you really believe this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
That said, the owners of Chick-Fil-A should contribute to the charities they feel compelled to donate to. It's their money. They could run a million dollar ad in "The Advocate" for all I care. My patronizing of them won't change one way or the other.
So feeling compelled automatically makes your action right? This would mean there is no such thing as right and wrong, that anything that has ever been done was justified, because surely there is a compelling force behind every voluntary action. Is that what you're meaning to say?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
What a load of crap.

This company is run by a religious nutjob, who feels that the bible has given him the right to persecute gays.

This type of behavior shouldn't be tolerated anymore than if they were giving money to the KKK to support anti Black programs.

It's time to take the gloves off, when dealing with these homophobic a**holes, and hit them where it hurts the most. In the pocketbook.
This! THIS is a PERFECT example of what is SO wrong with the churchophobic, manic, communisitic left-wingers.

Pure nut-jobs, and angry & violent to boot!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Credibility of this article aside, do you really believe this?

So feeling compelled automatically makes your action right? This would mean there is no such thing as right and wrong, that anything that has ever been done was justified, because surely there is a compelling force behind every voluntary action. Is that what you're meaning to say?
There are people who feel that homosexuality is wrong. Deal with it. You cannot force your religious beliefs down their throats. What are you, the thought police?

Should I go out and bomb Planned Parenthood Clinics because I believe abortion is wrong? Or should I respect the FACT that they are entitled to their beliefs and practices, even though I abhor them? Should I find out who the doctors are, who perform abortions, then go kill them?

But mostly, when did the United States become some crazy remake of Nazi Germany? What are you people, crazy?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:52 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Default Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Yeah, Nike, with those sweat shops and Apple exploiting slave labor.... real nice

Lefties = love gays and hate kids, women and minorities

Thanks for proving that

Uhm, two words: Oxycontin Rush.
Bigot and misogynist.

Vitriol , hate and xenophobia comes from the far right.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Uhm, two words: Oxycontin Rush.
Bigot and misogynist.

Vitriol , hate and xenophobia comes from the far right.
Psssttt... I think you might be posting this on the wrong thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies