Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,338,048 times

Advertisements

I remember eating at Chik-Fil-A a time or two when I was livin in the South. Honestly, the crowd they're catering to probably supports what they're doing a 110 percent. I don't, but then again, there's a reason I moved out of that sh*tstained part of the Union.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I find it even MORE offensive that COSTCO supported Obama.....
Then don't shop there! I'm sure you can find another store where you can buy your six packs of pancake syrup.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,918,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
No, the catholic church's hypocrisy is showing.
Bigots always justify there bigotry. I am not the best defender of Catholicism since recently I have started going to mass with a group that handles serpents (snakes).

Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Angry yes. Where's the violent part? Hitting them in the pocketbook? Grow up Jorge. It's time for the 90% of this Country that 'gets it', to stop patiently waiting for the 10% who are knuckle dragging Neanderthals, to finally wake up. They never will. It isn't in their basic physiological makeup. Conservatives have big amygdalas, and small anterior cingulate cortexes.

It sickens me that in 2012 there are still so many people that will argue it is there 'right' to attempt to undermine the basic human rights of another group of Americans.

Yet, when other Americans say that we shouldn't stand for that type of attack, suddenly it is the homophobes rights that are being threatened? Ridiculous.
Hehehe, on the idea that the way to get people to see your point of view is to call them names.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:09 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,378,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
If there's grass on the field play ball, if not flip 'em over and play in the mud.

Here's an insightful and poignant documentary on the matter:

Louis CK learns about the Catholic Church - YouTube
It's kind of funny - and telling - that you consider something by Louis CK a DOCUMENTARY.

No wonder you crazy leftists are so weird.

By the way, Catholics overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Welcome to the club!

Old 07-06-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Angry yes. Where's the violent part? Hitting them in the pocketbook? Grow up Jorge. It's time for the 90% of this Country that 'gets it', to stop patiently waiting for the 10% who are knuckle dragging Neanderthals, to finally wake up. They never will. It isn't in their basic physiological makeup. Conservatives have big amygdalas, and small anterior cingulate cortexes.

It sickens me that in 2012 there are still so many people that will argue it is there 'right' to attempt to undermine the basic human rights of another group of Americans.

Yet, when other Americans say that we shouldn't stand for that type of attack, suddenly it is the homophobes rights that are being threatened? Ridiculous.

What Chick Fil A is doing by giving 2 million dollars to to this 'charity' is no different than if they donated 2 million to the KKK, and claimed it was because they like white robes. Chick Fil A knows full well what this organization stands for, and in supporting it with this size of a donation, Chick Fil A is making it very clear what they think of basic human rights in this Country.

These people can try to spin it anyway that they like. It doesn't change what it really is. Just disgusting, homophobic, Nazi horsesh*t.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.”
― Sinclair Lewis
Oh BooHooHoo, ya crazy lunatic.

The supposed "hate group" that the owner of Chick-Fil-A is donating millions to simply isn't a hate group. And that is a perfect example of what is wrong with your thinking - or, more precisely, the LACK of thinking.

You honestly seem to think that anybody who doesn't agree with you is persecuting you. And you honestly seem to think that anybody who doesn't support your agenda is a homophobe, and any group that doesn't support your agenda is a hate-group.

Your angry vitriol, and hateful rhetoric is nothing less than that of a crazy Muslim extremist cleric.

Then you're honestly perplexed by the fact that people just straight-up laugh at you.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,199,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
It's kind of funny - and telling - that you consider something by Louis CK a DOCUMENTARY.

best of luck with your getting things goals for 2012

Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post

best of luck with your getting things goals for 2012
...and best of luck, to you, in your ESL classes!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:21 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,412,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
How about showing me where I said I wanted to hurt Chick-Fil-A.

I don't even have one around here. If I did, knowing what I know now, I would likely to choose another fast food place. I seriously doubt that the loss of my business is going to hurt them but it's important to ME that I don't support companies that support bigotry and hate.

And where was your outrage in all the threads about J.C. Penney and all the hatred spewed towards THEM by the bigoted conservatives who swear they will never set foot in their stores ever again and how they get all wound up and try to get others equally wound up and brag and crow about how they will break that company because of who they dare to have as their spokesperson?

You're practically sputtering and spitting here in your outrage because some of us have expressed that we will not patronize or support business that support bigotry and hatred. Seriously, you might want to check your blood pressure.
My blood pressure is fine.
Where was I? at JC Penny's buying stuff.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
My blood pressure is fine.
Where was I? at JC Penny's buying stuff.
It must be really hard work for all these pro-gay and anti-gay people to figure out who to hate, and who to boycott. There's always some drama, some crisis.

I prefer to just do my thing & let them do whatever they've got to do to keep themselves all up in a lather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies