Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 02:47 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is one of the many reasons I support In-N-Out and will never step foot in a Chick-Fil-A.
But Chick-fil-A is sooooo good. For me, equal rights as a gay American vs. the perfect chicken sandwich is a tough call.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
CFA has been expanding very rapidly in the last few years. when I lived in Socal, there were ONLY 3 locations!, 2 in south bay, city of industry (puente hills mall) and I think 2 more in northern calif. Now, there are many of them in socal alone. I was sad at that time when the Puente hills location was replaced by yet another hallmark card store .

In n OUt has also begun expansion (very recently) into Texas. They are now in DFW area, Austin (i think) and coming to San Antonio. I don't think that In n OUt is as good as whataburger though (subject of another thread).
I've never had either In-N-Out or Whataburger. I'm not a big fan of well-done fast food burgers - even high end fast food (what I call fast casual) burger places. I'd much rather have a burger at a restaurant where they'll cook it medium rare for me - or if I know they grind their meat on site fresh, rare.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
CFA has been expanding very rapidly in the last few years. when I lived in Socal, there were ONLY 3 locations!, 2 in south bay, city of industry (puente hills mall) and I think 2 more in northern calif. Now, there are many of them in socal alone. I was sad at that time when the Puente hills location was replaced by yet another hallmark card store .

In n OUt has also begun expansion (very recently) into Texas. They are now in DFW area, Austin (i think) and coming to San Antonio. I don't think that In n OUt is as good as whataburger though (subject of another thread).
In N Out doesn't expand as fast because all their food is fresh, which means each location must be within a few hours driving distance from a distribution center. So, unless they just start building a ton of distribution centers they will never expand as quickly.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's funny though, because In-N-Out has bible passages on their food and beverage containers and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. I'm a very staunch Atheist and I couldn't care less because it's a very low key way to put their faith out there without alienating anyone and causing issues, in fact I think it's quite clever in it's unobtrusiveness. They aren't political either from what I've researched. They just do their thing and run a GREAT business.

Perhaps Chick-Fil-A could learn from In-N-Out.
You would never know that Chick-Fil-A donated to any cause if someone else didn't make a big deal about it. I would say that is a bit more low key than what In-N-Out does.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That's revenue. It doesn't speak to profitability. And rather than give to fundamentalist political organizations, In-N-Out concentrates is donations to children's charities such as the Make A Wish foundation mostly through their own Child Abuse Foundation (if you give in April - national child abuse prevention month - they "match" any donation given in triplicate).

Child Abuse Foundation - In-N-Out Burger
As does Chick-Fil-A which gives to & helps many different local & national organizations & charities. It even offers college scholarships to its employees.

Here is one of their main ones

Source: Chick-Fil-A.com

Charities / Scholarships

WinShape Foundation was founded more than 20 years ago by Truett and Jeannette Cathy. Under the WinShape Foundation umbrella, there are several programs, including WinShape Homes®, which currently operates 11 foster care homes in Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. The WinShape College Program℠ at Berry College in Rome, Georgia, is a co-op program offering joint four-year scholarship funding to incoming freshmen of up to $32,000. WinShape Camps℠offers boys and girls summer programs at the college, which will be attended by more than 15,000 campers in 2012.
Additionally, WinShape also operates the WinShape Retreat℠, which offers a sequestered setting for marriage support and counseling and other gatherings on the Mountain Campus of Berry College. Held at WinShape Retreat, WinShape Marriage℠ aims to help married couples by offering intervention for couples in crisis, preparation for engaged couples and enrichment for those interested in growing their marriage.
WinShape Wilderness℠ is dedicated to using adventure to equip people to experience real change, not just in a team setting, but also through personal transformation. WinShape Wilderness is an outdoor adventure program that facilitates experiential learning for all audiences in ropes course settings as well as canoeing, rock climbing and backpacking venues.
Finally, WinShape International℠ was founded in January 2005 with a mission to mobilize leaders to transform young people and communities around the world.
Chick-fil-A Leadership Scholarship Program: Chick-fil-A separately offers $1,000 college scholarships to certain qualified franchised Operator Restaurant employees, a Chick-fil-A tradition that has awarded over $30 million in scholarships.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:39 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Their very affordable food and friendliness of the mployees keeps me coming back for more all the time despite the crowds. As you say, they are indeed down low about their christianity and pay their employees a very good wage.
Yeah, I think In N Out burger is really banging on all cylinders. I like how they as an organization they don't seemed to obsessed with constant double digit growth.......

They also keep it simple... that simplicity makes for some good food. I think sometimes businesses try to be all things to everyone.

Every location I've been to is always always busy. I have one near my house and sometimes I wanna go there but the drive thru line is 10 deep.....

Besides, did I mention that Chik fil A's food sucks.... looks like something a machine churned out.....

Old 07-08-2012, 04:00 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
cool story

Old 07-08-2012, 04:05 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I've never had either In-N-Out or Whataburger. I'm not a big fan of well-done fast food burgers - even high end fast food (what I call fast casual) burger places. I'd much rather have a burger at a restaurant where they'll cook it medium rare for me - or if I know they grind their meat on site fresh, rare.
This person speaks the truth!

Old 07-08-2012, 04:07 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
This person speaks the truth!
He probably ain't never had a Whopper.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He probably ain't never had a Whopper.
I've had plenty a Whopper. Even among the mega-chain, bottom rung fast food places, the Whopper is pretty bad. If I'm forced to eat a Burger at one of these joints, give me Wendy's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies