Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
GOD FORBID!!! You can be an athiest, flaming liberal, gay, or ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO BE and we should all be tolerant and respectful of your believ/thoughts/feelings/needs....but GOD FORBID you are a CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN!!!
Perhaps if being a conservative christian wasn't synonymous with constantly sticking your nose in other peoples' business where it doesn't belong and dictating that everyone else's lives should be as miserable and empty as your own then maybe the rest of society would have a little more respect for you.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:13 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The Chik Fil A around here is always packed and the drive through has cars literally lined up around the building. Food is great and service is excellent. Dining in a woman comes around and gets you a free drink refill and when you’re done a staff person offers to take your empty tray and garbage. A first class establishment all the way.
I'll give them that. The CFA closest to where I lived in San Antonio had some of the most courteous employees. some of them were even older folks too, not all teenaged help. CFA also doesn't build too many restaurants, much like the In n Out folks (the other hard right christian restaurant). So, their restaurants always appear really crowded because they're not so ubiquitous.
In corpus christi for example, a city of about 300,000, we only have 2 CFAs and one of those is inside the mall and hard to get to.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
EXACTLY!

Just as Target is supportive of homosexuals, Chick Fila is against it.

If you don't like it you don't have to shop or eat there.

Simple as that.
Hold it - Target is not that. All they did was make a "gay shirt", but only made it available online, not in their stores. Just a year and a half ago, they donated to an anti-gay senatorial candidate.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:36 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Hold it - Target is not that. All they did was make a "gay shirt", but only made it available online, not in their stores. Just a year and a half ago, they donated to an anti-gay senatorial candidate.
Gays love to shop at Target & it is a gay friendly company from what I've seen.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:32 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I'll give them that. The CFA closest to where I lived in San Antonio had some of the most courteous employees. some of them were even older folks too, not all teenaged help. CFA also doesn't build too many restaurants, much like the In n Out folks (the other hard right christian restaurant). So, their restaurants always appear really crowded because they're not so ubiquitous.
In corpus christi for example, a city of about 300,000, we only have 2 CFAs and one of those is inside the mall and hard to get to.
It's funny though, because In-N-Out has bible passages on their food and beverage containers and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. I'm a very staunch Atheist and I couldn't care less because it's a very low key way to put their faith out there without alienating anyone and causing issues, in fact I think it's quite clever in it's unobtrusiveness. They aren't political either from what I've researched. They just do their thing and run a GREAT business.

Perhaps Chick-Fil-A could learn from In-N-Out.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:18 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's funny though, because In-N-Out has bible passages on their food and beverage containers and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. I'm a very staunch Atheist and I couldn't care less because it's a very low key way to put their faith out there without alienating anyone and causing issues, in fact I think it's quite clever in it's unobtrusiveness. They aren't political either from what I've researched. They just do their thing and run a GREAT business.

As a privately held company, Chick-Fil-A can afford to do it, In-N-Out can't.

Estimated annual revenues:

Chick-Fil-A: 4 BILLION & climbing at a very fast rate

In-N-Out: 465 Million & staying fairly steady

Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
As a privately held company, Chick-Fil-A can afford to do it, In-N-Out can't.

Estimated annual revenues:

Chick-Fil-A: 4 BILLION & climbing at a very fast rate

In-N-Out: 465 Million & staying fairly steady
That's revenue. It doesn't speak to profitability. And rather than give to fundamentalist political organizations, In-N-Out concentrates is donations to children's charities such as the Make A Wish foundation mostly through their own Child Abuse Foundation (if you give in April - national child abuse prevention month - they "match" any donation given in triplicate).

Child Abuse Foundation - In-N-Out Burger

Old 07-08-2012, 02:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That's revenue. It doesn't speak to profitability. And rather than give to fundamentalist political organizations, In-N-Out concentrates is donations to children's charities such as the Make A Wish foundation mostly through their own Child Abuse Foundation (if you give in April - national child abuse prevention month - they "match" any donation given in triplicate).

This is one of the many reasons I support In-N-Out and will never step foot in a Chick-Fil-A.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Their very affordable food and friendliness of the mployees keeps me coming back for more all the time despite the crowds. As you say, they are indeed down low about their christianity and pay their employees a very good wage.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

CFA has been expanding very rapidly in the last few years. when I lived in Socal, there were ONLY 3 locations!, 2 in south bay, city of industry (puente hills mall) and I think 2 more in northern calif. Now, there are many of them in socal alone. I was sad at that time when the Puente hills location was replaced by yet another hallmark card store .

In n OUt has also begun expansion (very recently) into Texas. They are now in DFW area, Austin (i think) and coming to San Antonio. I don't think that In n OUt is as good as whataburger though (subject of another thread).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies