Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:31 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Deny a problem exists ? Is this yet another "edge" isolated incident ?
How many ISOLATED incidents will it take to wake you up ?
The only reason I posted this was because of the sheer size of this incident and the mayhem involved with the mall going on lock down.

I think crime exists and will continue happen, and I don't think anyone needs to wake up about it just because it was blacks committing the crime.

You got a white down in Florida about to get gassed for hogtieing a black and killing him. Did that wake you up?

Crime happens, we can review it and try to understand why, but its always going to be around, regardless of race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
How would you solve the problem? Segregation?
Jail time. Stop slapping them with probation or community service even if they are minors. Send a clear message that gang-like violence is not tolerated even if their mothers stand in court crying what a good boy they are.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:34 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
Quote:
thats what i just argued with happy texan.

whites/blacks/asians/hispanics will keep committing crime. how does one wake up to crime in general?

he will say well its young blacks and these flash mobs across the country that should wake you up.

i could counter and say what about all these white pedos coming out across the country at an alarming rate, that aint waking you up?

we know crime happens, i dont get what waking up means.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:41 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,898,418 times
Quote:
That's absurd! The media makes this mess, they need to fix it. Smoking used to be cool, but the media doesn't show it as "cool" anymore.

We need to show that this lifestyle is not cool. At all. this clearly isn't a "black" thing either.

Hip hop/rap is great, imo, as music.
Hip hop/rap as a lifestyle is destructive

Old 12-27-2011, 10:55 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Bad news spreads faster than good news. Does the headline really matter, when a picture paints a thousand words? At this point in the electronic age, it's silly to blame the main stream media, because anyone with a smart phone can record an event, throw it up on YouTube, and have the video go viral.

One mere Tweet can collectively spring thugs into action. The World Wide Web is a powerful medium.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,201,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
MOA isnt in Minneapolis. Minneapolis has a sizable black population though.
Yep it does, and half of them are in poverty.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:02 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's not their fault. It's the fault of Black culture.
BS

Old 12-27-2011, 11:33 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
or maybe the frequency in which the media portrays it?
So what do you suggest the media do? Ignore the knockout games, unruly mobs, fights over Jordans because the participants are overwhelmingly Black?

Old 12-27-2011, 11:35 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
I think this is the crap most white folks are referring to.

HipHop: Beyond Beats & Rhymes

Old 12-27-2011, 11:36 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
thats what i just argued with happy texan.

whites/blacks/asians/hispanics will keep committing crime. how does one wake up to crime in general?

he will say well its young blacks and these flash mobs across the country that should wake you up.

i could counter and say what about all these white pedos coming out across the country at an alarming rate, that aint waking you up?

we know crime happens, i dont get what waking up means.
Go to the FBI stats. Blacks only make up 12% of the population and half of the murders. The point isn't that folks commit crimes but to the degree of which these crimes are committed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies