Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 02:29 PM

288 posts, read 283,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That one went out of style in the 60s or so. Very few Blacks of today practice it and it certainly isn't the dominant culture of Blacks today. Sorry.

Dude you are lying! I see what classy blacks daily. You are just trying to paint a picture that all blacks act like that. Now I do know that blacks do have problems, so i am not excusing that messed up behavior, but I have been seeing a lot of you're post and it's mostly trying to put black people down..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 02:31 PM

855 posts, read 1,173,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Both Drake and this common idiot would get destroyed by Tupac, Scarface or any of the old school guys.

Hip hop has gotten so commercial and lame these days because of the mtv and vh1 garbage chasing a dollar instead of actually having something positive to say.

People are making too many excuses for negative culture and it affects everyone
you do realize that common is relatively old school...since he did come out as Common Sense back in like 90-91? but then again, if you think Pac or Scarface are better lyrically than Common then I'm not speaking to someone who really knows hip-hop. don't get me wrong both are greats, but to dismiss Common's lyrical skills in comparison shows your lack of hip hop knowledge.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Only a really psychopathic slimeball racist grunting neandethal ignorant pig would claim that only black people commit crimes.

I'm sure I didn't insult anyone here!!

Old 12-27-2011, 04:30 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Only a really psychopathic slimeball racist grunting neandethal ignorant pig would claim that only black people commit crimes.

I'm sure I didn't insult anyone here!!
Who claimed that? Try learning how to read before you post.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
Dude you are lying! I see what classy blacks daily. You are just trying to paint a picture that all blacks act like that. Now I do know that blacks do have problems, so i am not excusing that messed up behavior, but I have been seeing a lot of you're post and it's mostly trying to put black people down..
I'm convinced there is a problem with reading comprehension in this country.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:39 PM

288 posts, read 283,457 times
Quote:
I'm convinced there is a problem with reading comprehension in this country.
So it's not true that you try to down the black community? Before you say anything, I know that there is a problem so I am not denying anything.

The problem that I am having is that every time there is a thread about "blacks" you jump in the thread posting links of blacks that are not positive, but then you say that you don't think the black community is ever going to change. So tell me something, why do you continue to discuss/post links if you feel that way? What exactly are you trying to prove?

Old 12-27-2011, 04:40 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
It's not their fault. It's the fault of Black culture.

This again. Has nothing to do with Black Culture. Has everything to do with Ignorance, Lack of Parenting, Lack of Respect and just Triffling behavior.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:41 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
oh you mean the black culture that I have always known. education, working hard, providing for your family, owning a nice home, speaking out against ignorance and bigotry?

we typically don't agree, but on this I believe we're on the same page. That poster knows of nothing else other than to blame "black culture" for criminal and irresponsible behavior.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
So it's not true that you try to down the black community? Before you say anything, I know that there is a problem so I am not denying anything.

The problem that I am having is that every time there is a thread about "blacks" you jump in the thread posting links of blacks that are not positive, but then you say that you don't think the black community is ever going to change. So tell me something, why do you continue to discuss/post links if you feel that way? What exactly are you trying to prove?
You're entitled to your opinion about my posts. It will not change my course of behavior though.

I gather the problem that many Black posters have is not the actual scenes of Blacks causing mayhem but that the media shows them. I find that odd because one refrain I frequently heard in the past from Blacks was that the media ignored the inner city and by extension Blacks.

Is the media and by extension P&OC posters, Americans in general supposed to ignore the knockout games, flash mobs, criminality and other ills of the Black community because they are not positive images of Blacks?

There are 40 million Blacks in this country there is no way all of them can do one thing or the other. It would be statistically impossible. That does not mean there is not a problem in the black community or that there is not a dominant black culture.

I'm not sure I follow this logic that unless all Blacks do something than there can be no criticism of Blacks.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
This again. Has nothing to do with Black Culture. Has everything to do with Ignorance, Lack of Parenting, Lack of Respect and just Triffling behavior.
Basically the Black culture of today. Which celebrates the breakdown of the family that leads to the ills you cited. Thanks for spelling it out.

I think many of you are still latching on the Black culture that was dominant in MLK's days. Well that culture is in decline in the Black community in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies