Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 04:45 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What kind of college education are they talking about?
Read the chart. They're talking about those beyond the B.S./B.A. degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 04:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Democrats also used to be the heavily conservative party. The party platforms switched. Most anti-civil rights Democrats moved to the Republican party.
Exactly. The Civil Rights Act is what made the Southern Democrats switch to the Republican Party in the 60s.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob
So, people moving to more temperate climate areas means, what, they turn into Republicans?
More like they turn into Libertarians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I would LOVE it if people moved to the red states and stayed out of my state. We have too many people moving here, especially from Texas. It's disgusting. If Texas is so great, why don't they stay there? I would be perfectly happy if the West Coast state became our own country or if the South did as Rick Perry said and seceded.
Not everybody can deal with living in Texas. Many of them leave. There's nothing wrong with that and we forgive them.

And you do realize, you have the option of leaving yourself? Canada may like your lefty coasty type.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:48 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Somehow I doubt that they are moving to Texas for the weather. As Joe Biden put it "it happens to be, as Barack said, a three-letter word: 'jobs...J-O-B-S...."

Joe Biden "J-O-B-S" is a 3 letter word? - YouTube
Minimum wage jobs.

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
In my life, I never thought I would see the GOP send out a mailers with watermelons on the White House lawn or a picture of the president with a bone in his nose wearing native garb. I see the GOP for what it is. They've ripped off the masks and it's pretty horrifying to see.

Maybe you ought to educate yourself and look back on the things the Democratic party has done. You may be shocked. Apparently you have lived a sheltered life and are very ignorant of a lot of facts.

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
In my life, I never thought I would see the GOP send out a mailers with watermelons on the White House lawn or a picture of the president with a bone in his nose wearing native garb. I see the GOP for what it is. They've ripped off the masks and it's pretty horrifying to see.

Blue state, California at a MayDay Rally in the southland of that state, Look who REALLY ripped-off a Mask!

SEIU that has leaders that have worked more closely with our president than some of his own cabinet members, and I saw this report on of all places, MSNBC. Google? has scrubbed the youtube of that clip which was shocking.

Here, SEIU, mask off while they marched blatantly as the Communists that they, and their darlin BO, are.

Zombie » SEIU drops mask, goes full commie

Old 12-28-2011, 04:49 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
M
And you do realize, you have the option of leaving yourself? Canada may like your lefty coasty type.
Considering Canada was voted as the country with the best reputation in the world this year, that's not a bad idea. Would be my top choice of countries outside of Europe.

But, Canada is very hard to emigrate to.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:50 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Democrats also used to be the heavily conservative party.
LOLing at anyone who thinks the Kennedys were "conservatives."

Do you also fall into the least educated who overwhelmingly vote for Democrats?

Old 12-28-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
More like they turn into Libertarians.

Not everybody can deal with living in Texas. Many of them leave. There's nothing wrong with that and we forgive them.

Why should I leave? I live in a blue state now. I'm just sick of seeing Texas plates in my beloved blue state. If it's so great in Texas, they should stay there.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
LOLing at anyone who thinks the Kennedys were "conservatives."

Do you also fall into the least educated who overwhelmingly vote for Democrats?
Wow. You are wrong and he is right. Democrats used to be the conservative party. Lincoln was a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies