Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Now only if being born smart were also normal.
Don't be abnormal about it.

I'll break it down for you:

When something is "normal" then it occurs the vast majority of the time

It is not "normal" for zebras to be born blind in Africa, it's simply not the normal function of that species to be born blind. It's abnormal for zebras to be born blind, because if it were to become "normal" then zebras would die out as a species.

The same for homosexuality, if it were to become normal for the offspring of any species of mammal to be born homosexual, and not want to procreate with the opposite gender, then that species would cease to exist after a few generations. Hence, not normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 08:45 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The same for homosexuality, if it were to become normal for the offspring of any species of mammal to be born homosexual, and not want to procreate with the opposite gender, then that species would cease to exist after a few generations.
Do you have any evidence to suggest that the incidence of homosexuality is increasing?

"Normal" does not necessarily equal "most common". It is normal to be left-handed, but its not the most common. It is normal to have red hair, but it is not the most common.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:45 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The APA is the largest association of psychologists in the world. Every other professional health or science body says pretty much the same thing. So are millions of health professionals around the world all quacks according to you?

You sound just like a scientologist.
Tri was being facetious, he's on our side.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Don't be abnormal about it.

I'll break it down for you:

When something is "normal" then it occurs the vast majority of the time

It is not "normal" for zebras to be born blind in Africa, it's simply not the normal function of that species to be born blind. It's abnormal for zebras to be born blind, because if it were to become "normal" then zebras would die out as a species.

The same for homosexuality, if it were to become normal for the offspring of any species of mammal to be born homosexual, and not want to procreate with the opposite gender, then that species would cease to exist after a few generations. Hence, not normal.
Trust me, I would prefer that people like you see me as "abnormal". But in the end, I'm not the one running around, scared, screaming and pulling my hair out, at the very sound of someone being gay or whether they are normal or not.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children
Yes. Because I believe it is natural. Just as being heterosexual is natural. There should be an awareness that both are equally "natural."

Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Tri was being facetious, he's on our side.
Got caught by Poe's Law again. We need a special parody smiley! Apologies Tri.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:05 PM

499 posts, read 581,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes. Because I believe it is natural. Just as being heterosexual is natural. There should be an awareness that both are equally "natural."
I suppose it is O.K. for most of us who are heterosexual to think that homosexuality is NOT normal? We are still entitled to an opinion I assume? Is it O.K. if we voice it and can we ignore your gay parades because most of us are just not interested? Most heterosexuals find the whole concept of homosexuality really over hyped. What you do in your private life is your business, please don't force it on us, we're really not that interested

Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
I suppose it is O.K. for most of us who are heterosexual to think that homosexuality is NOT normal? We are still entitled to an opinion I assume? Is it O.K. if we voice it and can we ignore your gay parades because most of us are just not interested? Most heterosexuals find the whole concept of homosexuality really over hyped. What you do in your private life is your business, please don't force it on us, we're really not that interested
Some of you are (who worry about it not being normal).

Old 03-07-2012, 02:20 PM

994 posts, read 725,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children
I don't think it is correct for teachers to say anything about it one way or the other. We don't teach children that it is normal and natural to be black or white or male or female. It's liberal social engineering to include sexual orientation in school at all. There's nothing to "teach" about sexual orientation. You are attracted to whoever you are attracted to. It's a personal thing and not something you need to be educated about.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 PM

499 posts, read 581,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Some of you are (who worry about it not being normal).
I don't think for one moment that we 'worry' about it. We're just not interested in hearing about it from all you so called 'gays'. The word 'gay' used to mean something really nice, now it has come to mean something twisted and abnormal! Why do you homosexuals want to brag about being abnormal? Can't you just keep quiet about it and get on with your lives? We don't go around forcing our heterosexuality on to you why should you force your abnormalities on to us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies