Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 01:57 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Besides condoms being the least effective bc method, how do you make the man responsible. True, for every abortion, there's a man responsible, but the biology is he can leave. Should we force him to go to the abortion doc with the woman; send him to prison; snip him; call him immoral.

Sure, if men got pregnant they'd use condoms or do something more permanent. Meanwhile, the women get pregnant.
Condoms are 99% effective if used properly. On par with hormonal birth control. When you say, "Least effective", many men hear "not effective at all" and push to not have to use them. There are no health risks to condoms while there are NUMEROUS health risks to female birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 02:07 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Very true, although it does seem that she really does not wish to hear some of those opinions.
One can only suppose that will get her ready for real life.
LOL! Considering the "adults" in this thread so far have done a GREAT job of acting like young spoiled brats they have accused her of being... I think she's doing a great job. And for the record I don't agree with her or her positions at all... but she's been level headed and respectful to everyone in this thread and has not received anything in kind.

I'm pro choice for the simple reason that I don't want women to go back to the days where they were in more danger of being killed by the abortions or attempts at abortion.

The reality of the pro life argument is very difficult to argue against because the lives growing inside of us are not just parasites. And unfortunately the more pro choice advocates argue that they are, the more callus and illogical our side sounds. And using the "rape & incest" arguments are just as bad... not because that doesn't happen, but because that is rarely why someone has an abortion. Those are extreme circumstances, not everday happenstances. So using extremes like that does nothing for the cause.

Both sides want to shove their opinions down each other's throats and it gets us know where but a 100+ thread and a lot of name calling with little to no reason or logic on either side.

The reality of abortion is, that NEITHER side really "LIKES" abortion. But abortion is not going to go away just because we don't like it. So instead of trying to take away legal and safe abortions, we need to keep them safe and do more to educate people about the realities of abortion. Maybe if MORE women thought of "Zygotes" and "fetuses" as "real" babies, they'd think a little harder about having an abortion. And would that really be a bad thing? If someone took a little longer to think a little bit harder about the decision they were making?

Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I said "ESPECIALLY in the third trimester", my way of searching for common ground I suppose.

Nonsense. Newborns aren't completely developed. And there's no milestone at the time of birth. This is why babies can be born early with no problems. And we've already been over the dependence thing I don't know how many times.

I've yet to see documentation that they cannot do this as well as any newborn.
A newborn IS fully developed, it is capable of living outside of the womb. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Take an 11 week old fetus and a 26 week old fetus out of the womb.....lay them on a table.....and then you will see the difference. The "milestone" is that one can no longer live and the other can.

You have read the research, they can barely feel pain at 24 weeks, let alone think.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I see no point in labeling these women either "selfish" or "murderer". Still, while pregnancy is a huge sacrifice, I can think of a bigger one... And with all due respect, it is NOT because I'm a man that I know life is a bigger price than 9 months.
I can't rep you again, but needed to for this post!! Bravo!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
Quote:
No one is. They're "telling you what to do" with someone else's life.

You don't have the legal right to do that.

Irrelevant to whether or not you should do it...
The ONLY relevance is whether or not its legal. The morals of it make no difference, that is why they call it a "choice". Against your moral values, don't have one.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:19 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
LOL! Considering the "adults" in this thread so far have done a GREAT job of acting like young spoiled brats they have accused her of being... I think she's doing a great job. And for the record I don't agree with her or her positions at all... but she's been level headed and respectful to everyone in this thread and has not received anything in kind.
You obviously did not read the posts where she threw a temper tantrum and called other posters names.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Condoms are 99% effective if used properly. On par with hormonal birth control. When you say, "Least effective", many men hear "not effective at all" and push to not have to use them. There are no health risks to condoms while there are NUMEROUS health risks to female birth control.
Absolutely, men should use condoms. I never said otherwise.

Each year, 2 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they always use condoms correctly. Each year, 18 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they don't always use condoms correctly.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:04 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
So instead of trying to take away legal and safe abortions, we need to keep them safe and do more to educate people about the realities of abortion. Maybe if MORE women thought of "Zygotes" and "fetuses" as "real" babies, they'd think a little harder about having an abortion. And would that really be a bad thing? If someone took a little longer to think a little bit harder about the decision they were making?
Why, that's the very definition of hating a woman's freedom to chooose! Jc, good post indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A newborn IS fully developed, it is capable of living outside of the womb. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?
Just because I don't equate independence from the womb with full development, doesn't mean I don't understand what you're arguing. A newborn's visual system is largely inadequate, and what's more, most of their movements are reflexes, much the same that has been said for fetuses. No wonder you cannot present a source to agree with you that newborns are more conscious than fetuses; they are quite similar indeed in terms of, well, everything. Independence from the womb is a made up standard that only addresses how a baby gets its food and oxygen, nothing more.

You're right about one thing: There are many differences between an 11-week old fetus and a 26-week old fetus. Of course, I never argued that...

Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You obviously did not read the posts where she threw a temper tantrum and called other posters names.
Actually, just because someone "says" someone is throwing a temper tantrum, doesn't actually make it correct. The couple of times I've seen her accused of such, she was not.... and believe me, I've seen enough temper tantrums from teenagers to know when one is occuring.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:13 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Actually, just because someone "says" someone is throwing a temper tantrum, doesn't actually make it correct. The couple of times I've seen her accused of such, she was not.... and believe me, I've seen enough temper tantrums from teenagers to know when one is occuring.
I know a temper tantrum when I see or read one.
It was a tantrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies