Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:01 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times

Advertisements

This discussion has veered off course. I just have a simple question, do you think that Republicans telling Blacks to stop being lazy and get off welfare is a good way of increasing Black membership in the GOP. Please try to stay on topic

Old 01-06-2012, 11:03 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_phoenix View Post
I know about the percentage of the population, at least blacks have an excuse because of centuries of denial of opportunities and opression, its your Republican white trash ilk which lives off of food stamps and whines about "big gummint" and has no excuse to be living off of food stamps.
Affirmative action, quotas, diversity programs. No excuses anymore, pal. Wake up.

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_phoenix View Post
No, Republicans = eliminate all blacks
Democrats = give them opportunities
How is welfare, an opportunity

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Because he was discussing what he'd say if he were invited to speak at the annual NAACP meeting-

Gingrich to black people: paychecks, not food aid - Yahoo! News
Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said Thursday he is willing to go before the NAACP and urge blacks to demand paychecks, not food stamps.

Gingrich told a town hall meeting at a senior center in Plymouth, N.H., that if the NAACP invites him to its annual convention this year, he'd go there and talk about "why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps."
And again, why would he assume the hundred year-old organization that was created to provide equall acces to employment, legal protection, and business loans, and that actively works to bring private employers into black communities, is "satisfied with food stamps", and needs a good lecture on how they should "demand paychecks"?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:09 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
No, it's you who is ignorant. Just another insecure racist White person who is secretly envious and jealous of black people. You keep spewing all these negative stereotypes to make yourself feel superior

I can't think of a white person being jealous or envious of a black person.
What is there to be jealous and envious about?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Just about everything. You are pretty much obsessed with everything we do. You study every aspect of us and our culture, constantly talking about how we live, how we mate, how we reproduce, etc. There's an entire site dedicated to hating on us (Stormfront). We are always on your mind.

Last edited by nyanna; 01-06-2012 at 11:19 AM..

Old 01-06-2012, 11:11 AM

225 posts, read 369,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
This discussion has veered off course. I just have a simple question, do you think that Republicans telling Blacks to stop being lazy and get off welfare is a good way of increasing Black membership in the GOP. Please try to stay on topic
No it won't it will do the opposite

The way he said it.. when i saw it, my thoughts were he basically saying all black people

and another reason is that i never here criticism from any republican contender about their own constituents. but only about the gays, Latinos, and now blacks..never about the majority of their constituents - whites except Ron Paul
-have watched numerous gop debates

And This is coming from a independent (NOT Rep/dem) college student who parents (mother and father/married )are fierce Black Republicans (Texas)

ps. my parents do not like any republican contender.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:12 AM

This is why Blacks will never vote Republican

Attitudes like these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post

Old 01-06-2012, 11:17 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
When Black people do get jobs threads like this are made

Why is every Black working at the Airport African?

damned if we do, and damned if we dont

Old 01-06-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
When Black people do get jobs threads like this are made

Why is every Black working at the Airport African?

damned if we do, and damned if we dont
I know there was another one claiming that many federal jobs were going to Blacks. So which one is it, are the refusing to apply for jobs, or are they taking all the jobs???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies