Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why would a doctor tell a woman she is pregnant if she isn't?

How would he know whether of not the woman would decide to abort?

And, as someone else pointed out, nowadays, women know they are pregnant before they ever see a doctor. Ever hear of peeing on the stick?
I was being facetious. I have no proof doctors are telling young, scared teens, that they are pregnant, and then performing fake abortions to pad their wallets. But if the president says doctors are faking tonsillitis or other medical conditions to amputate feet, then faking a pregnancy, to get government funding for a make-believe abortion on an ignorant teenager, sounds rather tame by comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 08:35 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Over turning roe versus wade would not make abortions illegal . It would allow states to decide
Why should a nation or a state decide what happens to a woman's body?

Women cannot make their own decisions?

Are women still chattal? Women 'belong' to the state or nation?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why should a nation or a state decide what happens to a woman's body?

Women cannot make their own decisions?

Are women still chattal? Women 'belong' to the state or nation?
This law does not stop women from choosing abortion. Why should they be scared of seeing what they are doing

Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I'd bet my next paycheck that the most vociferous supporters of abortion are those who have had one. Human psychology dictates that a person seek absolution of his/her actions, and ridiculing those who see human life as a worthy endeavor is one of the ways the pro-abortioners compensate for their own personal irresponsibility.

Considering almost half of all abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, I don't think we can ever expect the pro-abortioners to put forth a pro-life argument because it simply does not jive with their own actions.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd bet my next paycheck that the most vociferous supporters of abortion are those who have had one. Human psychology makes a person work for absolution of his/her actions, and chiding those who see human life as a worthy endeavor is one of the ways the pro-abortioners compensate for their own personal irresponsibility.
Jane roe actually switched sides

Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
I'd bet my next paycheck that the most vociferous supporters of abortion are those who have had one. Human psychology dictates that a person seek absolution of his/her actions, and ridiculing those who see human life as a worthy endeavor is one of the ways the pro-abortioners compensate for their own personal irresponsibility.

Considering almost half of all abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, I don't think we can ever expect the pro-abortioners to put forth a pro-life argument because it simply does not jive with their own actions.
I think this statement is quite offensive. For what it's worth I have never had an unplanned pregnancy, nor have I had an abortion. That is quite irrelevant to the discussion and my stance.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
I think you'd probably lose that bet. Yes, some pro-choicers have had abortions, for various reasons, but not nearly all.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
This law does not stop women from choosing abortion. Why should they be scared of seeing what they are doing
Why should WOMEN be FORCED to see the details of a medical procedure when MEN aren't...that's PURE SEXISM....

WHY should WOMEN be FORCED to see anything related to their medical care?

Why do you think women are so stupid that they don't know what "pregnant" is?

Why do SOME people have a psychotic need to control women....???

Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Jane roe actually switched sides
So? That has nothing to do with anything...

Old 01-11-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I'd bet my next paycheck that the most vociferous supporters of abortion are those who have had one. Human psychology dictates that a person seek absolution of his/her actions, and ridiculing those who see human life as a worthy endeavor is one of the ways the pro-abortioners compensate for their own personal irresponsibility."""

They weren't irresponsible ....they decided what was best for them and didn't irresponsibly bring yet another unwanted kid into the world....

"""Considering almost half of all abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, I don't think we can ever expect the pro-abortioners to put forth a pro-life argument because it simply does not jive with their own actions.
Send me your next paycheck, oh oversimplifierASSuming One!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies