Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 08:11 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
All you can do is talk about my screen name and attack.I don't apoligize about Leo Frank or Fort Pillow
Somehow I doubt your screen name was chosen at random.

Call it a hunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 PM

57 posts, read 35,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Really? You mean the slave owners in the South believed that African slaves were created equal to them and that they had the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

You mean you forget that the Southern traitors started the war by bombarding a sovereign United States military installation?

You mean that owning, selling, raping, and and working human beings without compensation is your idea of humanitarian and Christian treatment?

You apologists for slavery and treason make me sick.

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
A

I never rationalised anything, do you have the correct poster..can you point out the post where I "rationalized" something???

You refuse to read about northern slavery... the source of all slavery in the USA.... and rag on southern slavery. Therefore, you are rationalizing northern slavery.

It's as if you think slavery was ok in Boston but a sin in Charleston.

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I live eight miles from where that photo was taken. The native people of this area are as sophisticated, kind and well mannered as any I've encountered across the country. It's unfair to impugn them with that photo. Shall I post the picture of the Bostonian from the 70s beating a black man with an American flag in a misguided attempt to make an ignorant point about all urban Irish Catholics?
This is the ACTUAL PHOTO of the lynching of Leo Frank!!!!

If reality of what people factually did is impugning on the "good nature" of the people that live in that area, then maybe they should not have broken the " filthy northern jew" out of the jail, tortured, murdered, and then invited women and children to desecrate his body.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:13 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
Quote:
My great great grandfather fought the United States in a North Carolina outfit. I don't know much about him, but I generally assume the best of people until they prove otherwise. So, I assume that it is a black mark on an otherwise good life. I'm not proud that he took up arms against this great nation that I love and fight for. I'm not proud that he fired on troops who carried the flag I wear on my uniform. I realize, however, that sometimes foolishnesses can infect a people. I sincerely hope he lived to regret his treasonous actions after he was treated so kindly by this nation after his army was defeated on the battlefield. I hope in 2012 all southerners feel they are Americans first, southerners second.
Your great-great grandfather didn't fight against the principles of the United States. Likely he fought to defend his home against invaders from the northern states who simply kept the name United States by default.

There is no contradiction at all with being a proud American and proud of one's Southern heritage and history. It is a matter of record that Southerners have always been disproportiontely represented in our armed forces.

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This holiday is to honor those who died in a war. Whether you agree or not they lost their lives for something they believed in. You cannot call them traitors for that. How can any of us judge or condemn people who fought a war over 100 years ago. I find it very sad that these lost lives are now being called traitors.
The 9/11 hijackers died fro something they believed in too. That doesn't make their cause just or honorable. I'm not besmirching the characters of all Confederates. I'm sure many of them were good men, just misguided. That doesn't excuse their acts of treason.

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You refuse to read about northern slavery... the source of all slavery in the USA.... and rag on southern slavery. Therefore, you are rationalizing northern slavery.

It's as if you think slavery was ok in Boston but a sin in Charleston.
Your play on words are as pathetic as your attempt to deflect from the cause of the civil war.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:16 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, we are 1 -1. We succeeded in 1776 and failed in 1865.
The confederacy fought the British.

LMFA. What you drinking man? I'll have one

Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This holiday is to honor those who died in a war. Whether you agree or not they lost their lives for something they believed in. You cannot call them traitors for that. How can any of us judge or condemn people who fought a war over 100 years ago. I find it very sad that these lost lives are now being called traitors.

I agree. These same people probably spit on the soldiers returning from Viet Nam. I guess we lost that one too.

Every soldier who died fighting for any country is a hero. They are all the same. German soldiers in WWII are just like American soldiers in Iraq. Heroes who died fighting for their country. It's quite sad that some people think soldier heroes are only those who agree with their own position.

Of course, the winners always write history. I wonder what the Vietnamese are writing about our soldiers who died in that war. I seriously doubt that any are saying they want to **** on the graves of American soldiers. They surely have more class than that.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
The 9/11 hijackers died fro something they believed in too. That doesn't make their cause just or honorable. I'm not besmirching the characters of all Confederates. I'm sure many of them were good men, just misguided. That doesn't excuse their acts of treason.
Wow, you are comparing 911 with this. I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies