Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:46 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
And they say racism is dead in America.

And some whites on here claim people are being racist to them in America.

When was the last time there was a "blacks only" swimming pool in the US?

The person in question was def a Teabagger.
There was never a black only sign that I know of, but it was know among white people where and where not to go. Ever hear of the "Ink well"?

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 12-14-2011 at 06:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 05:57 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But its not actually public use, if its on private property and there is a sign restricting access to African Americans.

I find what this landlord has done to be terrible. I think that everyone should be treated equally, regardless of race. But in a free country, we've got to allow racisim to exist, but that doesn't mean we can't fight it with our consumer dollars.

The landlords excuse is bogus, they are racist, plain and simple. But the government shouldn't legislate morallity in a free country. Forced morallity doesn't help anyone.
I agree. Her actions are disgusting, but at the end of the day, she is not physically hurting anyone and it is her own property and she should be allowed to do with it as she wishes.

In a way, the only person she is hurting in the long-run is herself. She is letting everyone know what a narrow-minded bigot she is. I would actually have more respect for her if she came out openly as racist rather than trying to pull the "Oh, I'm not discriminating against her because of her race it's because ____________" which is complete and utter horses--t 99% of the time.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:03 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
There was a time when the South was solidly Democrat, but LBJ ran them off
with his continuation of JFK's civil rights platform. They were called "Dixiecrats," and when their party chose inclusion they became Republicans. There may be a racist Democrat somewhere, but as a rule it's understood that the Democrats are the ones who pass and uphold legislation that bans discrimination. Whether or not this woman votes is irrelevant, as her actions constitute a violation of this little girl's civil rights.

That part doesn't matter to some.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:03 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
There was a time when the South was solidly Democrat, but LBJ ran them off
with his continuation of JFK's civil rights platform. They were called "Dixiecrats," and when their party chose inclusion they became Republicans. There may be a racist Democrat somewhere, but as a rule it's understood that the Democrats are the ones who pass and uphold legislation that bans discrimination. Whether or not this woman votes is irrelevant, as her actions constitute a violation of this little girl's civil rights.
Not if it is on private property.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Because her action and behavior are most indicative of Republicans and Teabaggers. I don't know any Democrat who would do something like that. However what she did could be considered mainstream in Republican and Teabagger circles.
Most of them agree that she should have the right by gawd to do it! Argue that right wing.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Who is 'they?' Read the post that I was responding to and it should not be much of a mystery. It is people such as 'New York Guy,' 'Enemy Country' and 'Even Star' who constantly throw out these false accusations of racism against their political opponents. Check the posting histories of those three. I somehow doubt that even one out of the three is a Republican.
I don't know what she is but the atmosphere created by the tea party empowers people like her. If not why are all the white supremacist groups so in love with the tea party?

Old 12-14-2011, 06:25 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
She must be a Republican and or a Teabagger.
Actually she's probably a staunch democrat. She's from a predominantly democratic area

Last edited by Darkatt; 12-14-2011 at 06:39 AM..

Old 12-14-2011, 06:38 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But can you appreciate the irony of all of these left wingers attacking someone for hate, while they themself put their own hatred on display for others to see?
hating discrimination is NOT hating. it's hating evil.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
hating discrimination is NOT hating. it's hating evil.
This is true but to some its not evil. This woman felt her actions would be accepted and that feeling of empowerment came from somewhere.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
This is true but to some its not evil. This woman felt her actions would be accepted and that feeling of empowerment came from somewhere.
i know. i wonder where it's coming from? perhaps those that somoene who twists logic to make it seem like hating evil is the same as hating a person for having a different trait than them?

it's a weird twist in logic that is very angering, because you KNOW that person knows it's not the same thing and they keep trying to use hatred of evil as equivalent to the actual EVIL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies