Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 08:37 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times

Advertisements

For all the people who are saying black women should date more IR,what about dating black men from other cultures like Jamaicans or Ghanians?

Same with the black men...why not other blacks women from other cultures?

Fwiw,I don't think the problem with dating IR is due to men not finding black women attractive.
I think its due to the same reason black men do...they just want to sleep with them but not marry them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,194 times

Why are people always pushing black women to date outside their race? Some of us don't want to. Why dont we focus on fixing the black community instead?

Some of the guys were not really my type, especially the Asian guy, he seemed really girly/gay to me ::shrugs::

Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBee2010 View Post
Interesting comments, but I don't think one can place total blame on LBJ's welfare policies. Men have the responsibility of supporting their families. My grandmother never had to rely on welfare because my grandfather worked three jobs and she worked one, to ensure that there was ample money for food, clothing and housing.

My grandfather lived to the ripe old age of 87. Most black men do not live past the age of 60 years old. He left the South with a second grade education, worked various odd jobs throughout his teen years and later joined the military. After the military, he became a truck driver and held various legal odd jobs, which allowed him to purchase a home. My grandmother (as mentioned earlier) worked as a clerk and secretary in the Mayor's office. They were able to raise seven children in a middle class black suburb of NY during the 50s/60s.

My grandparents experienced true racism, yet they were still able to survive and thrive, so there's no real excuse for present day black people who have a plethora of options and opportunities. More black people need to understand that the choices that one makes ultimately determines how they will end up.

Young girls who have sex and get pregnant, will inevitably become single moms with limited career options. These are the women who are often mired in poverty and forced to live in dangerous communities. This is why I support no wedding no womb. It's important to stop the cycle of ignorance and poverty. Frankly, I'm tired of so many black children getting the short end of the stick. They deserve to grow up in a nice neighborhood; they also deserve to have a mom and a dad in the home.
Wonderful post and some of it could apply to my white granddaughter as well.

Quote:
...snipped...laorbust61...They go to school and are treated like pieces of meat or breeding stock. They are talked to like their idiots by the teachers and school administrors. They are harrassed and abused by their partners, young black males. In the media they are exposed to overt and covert messages that they have nothing to offer except t-and-a. They are lied to and told they have no worth or dignity or desirability outside of this idea.
...snipped...
whoaa....angry, angry. The black girls that goes to school with my gdaughter aren't treated this way. And, it seems we have more targeted programs and available help for black teens than we do white teens around here.i.e. mentoring, after school programs.....
I don't mean to sound harsh. Teenagers, in general, are in a mess these days....

Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 PM

140 posts, read 121,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Nice backpedaling. You jumped to the conclusion that I was not as desirable as calipoppy and her friends, simply because I said that my experiences were different from hers. You said that the prettiest women often have the most options. Your snarky post to me was based on looks, and looks only. I will re-quote the post to refresh your memory.
I did say it and I'm not back peddling. When a woman is pretty, she will have different men approach her. This doesn't mean that every guy will remain interested, since there are additional factors required to keep most people interested in building a solid relationship leading towards marriage.

The overall point is, attractive women are approached by different types of men. And yes, it may be difficult for you to digest this, but the prettiest women will always have the most options. This doesn't mean that they will select the best men, it just means pretty women have MORE options than undesirable women.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
For all the people who are saying black women should date more IR,what about dating black men from other cultures like Jamaicans or Ghanians?

Same with the black men...why not other blacks women from other cultures?

Fwiw,I don't think the problem with dating IR is due to men not finding black women attractive.
I think its due to the same reason black men do...they just want to sleep with them but not marry them.
More Black American women should be open to date and marry different types of races, colors, nationalities and creeds. ETA: All heterosexual men want to sleep with women, especially those who they are attracted to. It's up to each woman to determine if he's JUST interested in sex, or if he wants to build a long term partnership. I can't say one way or the next, what an individual guy is interested in doing.

I have made some comments about certain types of black men but I want to be clear that all black men are NOT the same. Some will commit, and some won't.

Last edited by Lisa2013; 01-17-2012 at 09:29 PM..

Old 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
I did say it and I'm not back peddling. When a woman is pretty, she will have different men approach her. This doesn't mean that every guy will remain interested, since there are additional factors required to keep most people interested in building a solid relationship leading towards marriage.

The overall point is, attractive women are approached by different types of men. And yes, it may be difficult for you to digest this, but the prettiest women will always have the most options. This doesn't mean that they will select the best men, it just means pretty women have MORE options than undesirable women.
Lisa,

It is not difficult for me to digest at all. I didn't bring looks into it; you did. I simply stated that IR relationships are rare where I live - a small town in Florida. That is simply my experience; and my experiences are not right or wrong - and it should not be used to insult me. This will be my last post to you, as I do not wish to encourage more personal attacks. It is a wonder the Politics forum has such a bad reputation.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Why are people always pushing black women to date outside their race? Some of us don't want to. Why dont we focus on fixing the black community instead?

Some of the guys were not really my type, especially the Asian guy, he seemed really girly/gay to me ::shrugs::

At the end of the day, you have to do what makes you happy. If you want to be the sacrificial lamb and try to fix the overwhelming problems experienced in the black community, take a stab at it and get to work. I applaud you, but some black women need to stop making blanket statements that all black women are like them, and can not attract a variety of different races of men.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Lisa,

It is not difficult for me to digest at all. I didn't bring looks into it; you did. I simply stated that IR relationships are rare where I live - a small town in Florida. That is simply my experience; and my experiences are not right or wrong - and it should not be used to insult me. This will be my last post to you, as I do not wish to encourage more personal attacks. It is a wonder the Politics forum has such a bad reputation.
Obviously I struck a chord, sorry if the truth hurts but you completely overlooked the sardonic comments made by you. You wrote to Cali: If you want to believe that many other races are interested in black women...

When you wrote that, you were implying that her reality is imaginary and you're just playing along with the fantasy. It doesn't get much snarkier than that!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Lisa,

IR dating is not common between BW and nonblack men where I live either. If you do see it, its usually between a Black man and a White woman.

It is what it is. I've stated how uncommon it is for BW to date out on other forums, and other posters (Black women) attacked me; I guess they felt like I was implying that most BW are unwanted. Which is not my intention at all. It's just not common in my neck of the woods.

Instead of encouraging BW to date outside their race, people need to ALSO encourage non-Black men to consider BW as potential relationship partners. There are a lot of negative stereotypes about minority women that cause a lot of non-Black men to overlook BW, no matter how attractive they are.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
Obviously I struck a chord, sorry if the truth hurts but you completely overlooked the sardonic comments made by you. You wrote to Cali: If you want to believe that many other races are interested in black women...

When you wrote that, you were implying that her reality is imaginary and you're just playing along with the fantasy. It doesn't get much snarkier than that!
Well, where do the BW live that are having success dating IR? Location plays a huge part. I certianly see more IR dating involving BW online than I ever do in real life. (For example I've never seen a BW with an Asian man in real life, ever. But I've seen it on youtube)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies