Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
I am engaged to a European man.
Congrats to you.

But one thing I will mention: Attraction does not mean that a white man will approach you. I've witnessed this firsthand. I work in an office that is probably 85% white. I sometimes go to Happy Hours with my coworkers. I'm friends with a lot of the guys who are single and I always joke with them that I'm going to help them find a girl. They've taken me up on this challenge. I mean, these guys will sit and see a woman that they are attracted to and want to meet...yet they won't approach them! Their reasoning: She probably has a boyfriend.

IME, a lot of white guys are very afraid of rejection. Rather than take a chance on an attraction, they will second-guess themselves out of asking her out. And this was with other white women! Can you imagine the anxiety if the woman is also black! It would take loads of self-confidence to do this and many guys just don't have it. There are plenty of threads on the Relationship forum that tells of the anxiety guys face about asking out a woman. Lack of attraction has nothing to do with it; some are just too afraid of rejection to risk it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 05:53 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marya View Post
It's because they're prettier, more feminine, and just plain classier than most females of their race--you know, those ugly, bitter ones who can only get black guys.

All the other black women should follow their example.
Oh Lordy, now you're implying that black women who haven't dated outside of their race are ugly, bitter, not classy, and unfeminine?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:58 PM

365 posts, read 644,906 times
Must be nice to have White Man's Cheerleaders trying to sell them to black women. Who knew that skin color solely was the judge of a good partner?

White men will say you lonely black women. Look how happy Lisa is.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:00 PM

365 posts, read 644,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Oh Lordy, now you're implying that black women who haven't dated outside of their race are ugly, bitter, not classy, and unfeminine?
These women seem to be in some IR cult.

- You are only attractive if a white man thinks so.
- If you are with a white man. Then you are a different breed of Black women. A better breed.
- Any Black is bad.

It goes on and on. Amen to women that date guys solely because they click with them. If you have to bash black men to sell non-bm. Then your product must not be that great.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM

164 posts, read 463,846 times
Quote:
I'm not.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marya View Post
I'm not.
But you basically did, unless you're trying to point out that the person you were quoting is saying this...

Old 01-18-2012, 06:17 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
Many educated black women, who weren't raised in all black areas, are typically interested in interracial relationships because it expands their pool of professional men. They are not relegated to man-sharing or dating ex cons, high school drop outs, thugs, and other undesirables. Most educated women are interested in marrying up.
I am educated and in the majority of the neighborhoods I lived in were majority black (over 80%).

Also I have 5 aunts and 4 of them live in Detroit which is over 80% black city wide. The other lives here in Atlanta with me which is a little over 60% black (in the city) so your reasoning is not true. All of them are educated and all of them have been in relationships or married men who made/make less money than they do. My aunt who lives here was married to an African man from Nigeria. He always made less money than her even though he had a college degree. He was too controlling in her opinion and she divorced him because of his control issues and says she will never marry again. She has not been in a long term relationship since they divorced around 8 years ago and purposefully remains single.

I am and was not interested in "marrying up." I was interested in being with an intelligent, capable, respectful, hard working, loving, kind, man period. Not a certain color of man or a certain wealthy kind of man. Also I do not need any man to tell me that I am attractive. I love myself and am just a great person (I am very cocky if you can't tell) and honestly I feel that my confidence and positive attitude are my main attractive qualities moreso than physical appearance. I am not stuck on appearances, even though I think I look good, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

When I was in high school I lived in a more integrated neighborhood that was probably around 60% black 30% white 8% hispanic and 2% Asian. I did not go out searching for interracial mates. To me that is shallow and unnecessary. I also know a lot of deadbeat men of all varieties and still do so don't see the purpose of denying a whole group of men based on their race/ethnicity which according to many people is something that those people feel that black women should do just so they can hurry up and get married.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Congrats to you.

But one thing I will mention: Attraction does not mean that a white man will approach you. I've witnessed this firsthand. I work in an office that is probably 85% white. I sometimes go to Happy Hours with my coworkers. I'm friends with a lot of the guys who are single and I always joke with them that I'm going to help them find a girl. They've taken me up on this challenge. I mean, these guys will sit and see a woman that they are attracted to and want to meet...yet they won't approach them! Their reasoning: She probably has a boyfriend.

IME, a lot of white guys are very afraid of rejection. Rather than take a chance on an attraction, they will second-guess themselves out of asking her out. And this was with other white women! Can you imagine the anxiety if the woman is also black! It would take loads of self-confidence to do this and many guys just don't have it. There are plenty of threads on the Relationship forum that tells of the anxiety guys face about asking out a woman. Lack of attraction has nothing to do with it; some are just too afraid of rejection to risk it.
The difference is when these non-Black men encounter Black women who exhibit an air of openess, friendliness, gentility and femininity. They do not have as much reservation with women who give off an approachable vibe. Black women who are loud, crude and obnoxious will be viewed as the stereotypical "ghetto" girls (even if they are not) who will reject them or even "curse them out" for even daring to try. I think that they also avoid the Black women who give off the definitive "I don't date White guys" vibe.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 PM

164 posts, read 463,846 times
Quote:
But you basically did, unless you're trying to point out that the person you were quoting is saying this...
I was giving the answer that the poster was looking for. It's not what I think.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:28 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The difference is when these non-Black men encounter Black women who exhibit an air of openess, friendliness, gentility and femininity. They do not have as much reservation with women who give off an approachable vibe. Black women who are loud, crude and obnoxious will be viewed as the stereotypical "ghetto" girls (even if they are not) who will reject them or even "curse them out" for even daring to try. I think that they also avoid the Black women who give off the definitive "I don't date White guys" vibe.
It gets better and better. I see that you have conveniently ignored my point about a lot of men being afraid of rejection. So, even if they are attracted, some won't attempt an approach, because they assume they will be shot down. Has nothing to do with the black woman being "loud, crude and obnoxious" or giving "off the definitive "I don't date White guys" vibe". If this is what you are suggesting, what do you make of why this fear of rejection is also present in their attraction to other white women?

This is the age of the internet. Some guys are downright intimidated when it comes to approaching a woman cold-turkey. I've been a "wing-woman" many times. In fact, the term "wing-man" speaks to this very real fear of rejection. Guys are too scared to approach a woman, so they have a buddy do it for them.

This isn't some secret. Not sure why black women are, (once again!) being blamed for the fear of rejection that some guys have. Don't take my word for it...wander over to the Relationship forum for proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies