Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times

Advertisements

I'm watching live coverage of Air Force 1 landing on a local Orlando TV station right now.....guess who isnt on the plane?
No First Lady, no First Children.
He will be at Disney lass than an hour.
So much for the mindless twits on here bleating "vacation" and "omg, Disney is closed for the day, poor tourists"!

Last edited by kshe95girl; 01-19-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
First we have to fix being able to get a visa quicker, they say in some countries it can take up to 90 days and the cost and headache of it is to much. With terrorist concerns, this is just another bump in the road.

With our President dissing important figures in countries that can afford to come here, was probably not the best thing he could've done.

Since President Obama called "Americans Lazy" do you think there's a big desire to see America?

Huh?
So, people from China and Brazil are asking that the Visa process be streamlined so that they can get into the U.S. for vacations faster but they don't really have "a big desire to see America"?

This right here is the problem with binary thinking, to say nothing of making up one's own 'facts.'

From the link I posted earlier (#56):

"Though specifics of his tourism plan were hazy, one topic tops the political wish list for Central Florida tourism: visa reform. The tourism industry has been pushing Congress and Obama to make travel to the U.S. easier for visitors from emerging nations such as Brazil, India and China.
"We understand that he [Obama] is going to trumpet the value of travel generally and improve facilitation for international travel, especially from China and Brazil," said Blain Rethmeier, senior vice president of public affairs at the U.S. Travel Association.""

So here we have an example of the president being responsive to both local industry and foreign nationals who want to spend money in our country.
Oh, I know: "but, but but, he's anti-business and he hates capitalism and he hates the U.S. of A."
Perfectly understandable that this would cause a bit of a logical disconnect for some.

Bottom line: more U.S. tourism, more U.S. jobs.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Default Obama Shuts Down DisneyWorld (Main Street USA)...for a Speech

Ahhh gawd, is the disaster at all concerned about the thousands of people that had planned a DisneyWorld vacation? Couldn't he have found some stretch of space for his ridiculous speech?

No, the egomaniac MUST inconvenience normal Americans for another of his canned, class warfare speeches.

President Obama To Shut Down ‘Main Street USA’ (In Disney World) For Speech | Mediaite

Quote:
For those who routinely forget, however, there arises, once in a while, a perfect reminder of why they exist in the form of a delightfully bad PR move by someone who really cannot afford it at the moment. Today’s PR miss comes from the Obama campaign, whose candidate is shutting down “Main Street USA” to give a speech–the “neighborhood” Main Street USA in Disney World, that is.
Of course, Newt is right on top of it;

Gingrich Skewers Obama Disney Visit - YouTube

Quote:
But I have to confess, as I thought this morning about the President flanked on one side by Mickey Mouse [laughter], and on the other side by Goofy [laughter], resembling actually a sort of Cabinet picture of the Obama administration [laughter and applause], I just felt better about the idea.
Newt apologizes for all the families who have planned for months their DisneyWorld vacation and now have to WAIT for obama to clear out.

Mitt too;

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...ntasyland.html

Quote:
Romney dismisses Obama visit as a trip to ‘Fantasyland’
Why does obama do stuff like this?

Does he really have NO thought, concern for people that his WHIMS and IMAGERY takes precedence over all?

Old 01-19-2012, 02:08 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Why does obama do stuff like this?

Does he really have NO thought, concern for people that his WHIMS and IMAGERY takes precedence over all?
He has no regard for the American people unless they can help him in some way (donate to his campaign fund, vote for him, for for his cronies, etc.). He is completely out of touch.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Oh whaaaaaaaaaa, he was at Disney for all of an hour at the very most.
Watched the whole thing live on WFTV, a local TV station out of Orlando.
The park wasnt closed, just Main Steet.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 PM

I'm SURE these will come in handy.

13 Photos Of Barack Obama At Disney That Will Probably Turn Up In Attack Ads

Quote:
13 Photos Of Barack Obama At Disney That Will Probably Turn Up In Attack Ads

Politics Buzz When your Republican opponents have already called your claims of improving the economy “a fantasy land,” it's probably a bad idea to go give a speech in the area of Disney World called “Fantasyland.”

Old 01-19-2012, 02:11 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Really? lol. Maybe they should make that their platform to run on. lol

Old 01-19-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yeah, that's what I said.

Might have been an hour, but putting everything back to normal would take longer.

What about those people who reserved MONTHS in advance for events, breakfast in the castle, etc, etc.

Their plans have been RUINED by all-about-obama, 24-/7.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:13 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Have you been to Disney? Main Street is hoppin'. There is a lot of stuff to do there. I also doubt it was just Main Street but also the surrounding rides. And just b/c he was there for an hour absolutely does not mean that part of the park was only closed for an hour.

I personally would be POed if I saved up to go on vacation to Disney and had part of the park closed for any period of time. I've been to Disney more times than I can count b/c I'm from FL so for me it might not be a huge deal but for many, this is a once in a lifetime trip that is costly.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,474 times
Is this a joke? Of all the things to complain about you pick this. Let's see how much traction you get. I feel dumber for reading the thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies