Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 03:13 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
What a thought-provoking contribution to the discussion.
Spare us next time.

'er.
Corrected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 03:16 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I enjoyed Universal, gotta say that. But EPCOT? If, heaven forbid, the place ever caught fire it wouldn't burn, it'd melt.
I cant argue with that.

Quote:
I know, but it's a family thing, so we wanted everyone in one place. And it's one less line to wait on.
Well, the hotel has been redone in the past few years, so its nice, it was looking a bit shabby.
You should check out some of the not-so-touristy parts of Otown while you are there, its really quite lovely.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:16 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Lousy dad of the year!

This.

OBAMA'S LOSING VOTES OVER THIS.

Not taking his kids to Disneyland and then broadcasting from there? It's like going to a brothel without your buddies and then sending them video!

Old 01-19-2012, 03:18 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post

This.

Not taking his kids to Disneyland and then broadcasting from there? It's like going to a brothel without your buddies and then sending them video!
Rep!

Old 01-19-2012, 03:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Getting back to the point of the visit:

"The speech marked Obama’s signing of an executive order aimed at facilitating the processing of Chinese and Brazilian tourist visas in particular and at speeding up the visa process for low-risk applicants in general.
The travel industry lauded Thursday’s action.

“Every 35 international visitors we welcome to the US generate one American job that can’t be outsourced,” says Roger Dow, president of the US Travel Association. Travel and tourism support 14 million US jobs, the association says, making the sector one of the country’s top 10 sectors."

Obama at Disney World: foreign tourists could create 1 million jobs - CSMonitor.com

Old 01-19-2012, 04:14 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli
I know, but it's a family thing, so we wanted everyone in one place. And it's one less line to wait on.
Hey Cav, I hope you get your visit taken care of BEFORE the place goes under (given his track record of places folding soon after the 'kiss O death').

Old 01-19-2012, 04:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. First this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Quote:
Au contraire, the only knee-jerk reaction here is the outrage that the president is going to Disney. Though, I speculate jealousy here.
He has a family. I'm sure his daughters would love to go to Disney. I don't agree with the notion or concept that the President must completely disregard his family for the sake of his job...

Does this mean his daughters are going to miss school? That doesn't set a good example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
President Obama to visit Walt Disney World Thursday

"The Orlando Sentinel has confirmed with a White House aide that President Obama will be visiting the Walt Disney World resort on Thursday to make an announcement about travel and tourism.
This explains the sudden change in park hours and the additional fireworks at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
For any park guests this will also mean road closures, extra security, and delays delays delays. Roads will be shut down for the motorcade and resort buses will go into delayed service to try and avoid the times when the President is traveling through the resort. Also travel between the resort and the Orlando International airport should see delays as well."

Oh good! We get to pay for his family and him to fly there, as well as for them to enjoy the parks too, I'm sure.

Any reason he couldn't make an announcement about travel and tourism from the Oval Office?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What a joke.

I guess moochelle will fly down separately?
Then this:

Quote:
That makes it worse. Now we know for sure that it was raw politics.
Quote:
Whaaaaat. Didn't take his kids?!

Jerk.
Quote:
And lousy daddy?
Quote:
Lousy dad of the year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post

This.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:38 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. First this:

Then this:
Psst.

Mine was in satire.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:45 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hey..it's been almost 3 weeks since his last vacation. He works hard and deserves some time off !!!

LOL, you needed to add lots of these after your statement.:smac k:

Old 01-19-2012, 04:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Don't know, but, overall they've had a really good couple of years since he's been president:

Theme Parks | Disney Sees Record Profit Amid Gains At Theme Parks, TV Channels : Walt Disney World Florida (http://waltdisneyworldflorida.net/walt-disney-news/theme-parks-disney-sees-record-profit-amid-gains-at-theme-parks-tv-channels/ - broken link)

Disney profit leaps 54 percent - Orlando Sentinel

WHAT??? Then why did he go there? Why not go to Vegas? I hear they are needing the tourists badly.

Oh that's right, Vegas people don't like him much since he told people to stop going there to gamble instead of donating their money to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies