Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 01:13 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
If one is claiming that there is wide-spread voter fraud then the onus is on those claiming voter fraud to prove it. Those who have looked into this have concluded that what is at stake is restricting millions of legitimate voters in order to stop an imperceptible number of phantom voter frauds.
If one is claiming that the republicans are conspiring to restrict democrat voter turnout, the onus is on those claiming such a conspiracy to prove it.

Those who have looked into this have concluded that this notion that republicans don't want blacks to vote, want a return to Jim Crow, and masturbate to Orwell's 1984, is patently absurd.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:14 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
If one is claiming that the republicans are conspiring to restrict democrat voter turnout, the onus is on those claiming such a conspiracy to prove it.
What is the premise of requiring IDs to begin with? Why would you not start with that?

Old 01-17-2012, 01:16 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,088,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Eric Holder is unfit to hold any office of power.
These people like holder are nothing but the modern day slave masters.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What is the premise of requiring IDs to begin with? Why would you not start with that?
To prevent convicted felons, illegal aliens, documented mentally ill, and Sean Penn from voting.

Really how hard is it to get an ID?

Old 01-17-2012, 01:18 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Acorn employees were charged with voter registration violations. Not Voter fraud! This false pretense is the corner stone of your argument. How are you not confused when you’re using the example of Acorn to justify your voter fraud stance? I never made the allegation that voter fraud didn’t exist. I said it didn’t exist in a large enough quantity to generate a heavy handed response. Naive and deceptive are two things I’m not.

I haven’t seen any evidence that Acorn or anybody affiliated with the Democratic party was bussing any homeless person around and an attempt to have them vote multiple times.

And regarding Iraqi finger painting. To do that here is ridiculous. The US has been a voting republic for many years. Iraq just became one. Their painted fingers were a sign of defiance to show the terrorist they weren’t going to be intimidated. In America we have voter rolls and laws against intimidation.

Quote:
I'm not confusing anything.

Vote fraud is real and it happens. Do some research. Don't be naive, or worse deceptive, simply because it is the democrats that engage in it predominantly.

And even if I am confused, do you oppose the Iraqi finger-staining method? On what grounds?

Old 01-17-2012, 01:20 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Is it possible to get an actual quote or clip of the speech. I simply can't go by an opinion piece with no references linked.

I'll say this the photo of Holder in the linked article is not a good one though.

I posted it, in post #14.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
To prevent convicted felons, illegal aliens, documented mentally ill, and Sean Penn from voting.

Really how hard is it to get an ID?
Outside of anger management issues, do you have proof that convicted felons, illegal aliens... have been voting? Or, are you pulling things out of your rear-end, or someone told you what it looked like after they went about the process and you never questioned them?

And why stop with voter ID... why not National ID? Never mind, I'm sure, we can come up with a definition to document the mentally ill as well...

Old 01-17-2012, 01:22 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What stumbling blocks?

By the way - Jim Crow laws were passed by the Democrats.

The Democrats' Missing History
Requiring poor people, who don't have cars, to get a voter ID at the DMV is an obstacle to voting.

Yes, yes. 50 years ago the Southern Democrats were racists. Since Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act, those former Democrats (i.e. Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, Mills Godwin) switched to the Republicans.

Their main conviction was strong conservatism and felt more at home with the Republicans. But that's all a side-track.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I never made the allegation that voter fraud didn’t exist. I said it didn’t exist in a large enough quantity to generate a heavy handed response. Naive and deceptive are two things I’m not.
Cite your source that vote fraud doesn't exist "in a large enough quantity to generate a heavy handed response".

Then prove that republicans demanding voters show ID is akin to Jim Crow and 1984. Completely dismissing voter ID is a little heavy handed is it not?

Quote:
I haven’t seen any evidence that Acorn or anybody affiliated with the Democratic party was bussing any homeless person around and an attempt to have them vote multiple times.
I guess you're right. Vote fraud never happens.

Quote:
And regarding Iraqi finger painting. To do that here is ridiculous. The US has been a voting republic for many years. Iraq just became one. Their painted fingers were a sign of defiance to show the terrorist they weren’t going to be intimidated. In America we have voter rolls and laws against intimidation.
Irrelevant. Election ink keeps people from voting more than once. It is used in places that have poor documentation to prevent vote fraud. Forbidding a state from requiring ID before voting is what I'd call "poor documentation". Election ink at least solves the problem of multiple votes.

Opposing voter ID and election ink with frothy-mouthed, sputtering impotent rage because "you can't prove vote fraud so why bother with all this" is naive at best, criminal at worst.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:25 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
53 posts in just over one hour since I posted the text of Holder's speech and, so far, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON HAS DARED TO ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE!

Who gives a damn about the truth, right? It's much more satisfying to be mad about something about Obama and/or Eric Holder, even when it's grounded totally upon an untruth...ie: a lie.

Astonishing...really astonishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies