Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times

Advertisements

TSA Directly Violated US Constitution By Detaining Senator Rand Paul - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well there is the problem that the TSA has never caught a terrorist....

Small point I guess.
Details, details.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Do you like the freedom to choose not to ride megabus? If so, you should take this issue seriously.
That doesn't make sense. Since when was the freedom for people to choose which means of transportation to take threatened?

Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times
I used to like this man's views and enjoyed listening to him, but I recently watched a documentary about medical cannabis and this man is an idiot. He starts the documentary by blabbing off with so many inaccuracies and he just sounded like a looney-tune. Like I said, I really enjoyed listening to his opinions in the past, but boy ...

Also, the part of the Constitution that he referenced said that Paul was "arrested." It is not considered being "arrested" if you are stopped for additional screening on the checkpoint.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times
You are entitled to your opinions; I like Alex Jones. I like his passion for what is right. I like many of his opinions & I especially like his support for RON PAUL

Ron Paul Slams TSA Over Son Being Detained - YouTube

Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Austin Texas likes Jones, too. He's right much more often than he misstates or miscalculates things.

I sure as heck won't be intimidated about daring to say I like him, publicly. He's made fun of because he has revealed some things that others wish he would not.

I am very thankful for Rand Paul and his daring to tell it like it is about TSA.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:49 PM

488 posts, read 555,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I wonder what this could be about...

They better have a good reason.....

TSA | Rand Paul | Senator | The Daily Caller
I'm confused - at what point was he detained exactly? Perhaps there is more to the story than what I'm reading. My understanding is he went through the scanner, an alarm was sounded, he refused a pat down, and was refused access to the secure area and didn't get to fly. Was there some point he was not free to leave the situation? Was he told he had to stay and be patted down before he could leave the area? I understand his goal was to get to his flight, but being refused access to a secure area because you refuse to cooperate with their security measures does NOT equal detainment.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
He repeatedly asked to be allowed to simply go through the machine, again. They refused him this simple request until AFTER they had detained him for over an hour, and then they allowed him to do so.

As he assumed would happen, when he went through again the machine did not react at all!

Further, he said that he strongly suspects that the machines are fixed to randomly go-off every once in awhile. He said he is convinced this is so because otherwise, when people go back through the machines would go-off on them, again.

He was ordered not to leave a cubicle.

He was told no, he would not use his phone and that if he did then he was getting the complete patdown.

In other words....TRYANNY....idiocy....power games.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:56 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
That doesn't make sense. Since when was the freedom for people to choose which means of transportation to take threatened?
It makes sense if you look can beyond the present to where the steady erosion of our personal liberties is leading. The Nazis didn't set up Auschwitz right from the beginning of their reign of terror and genocide. It was an insidious step by step, the "boiling frog" process. Our Constitution is being ripped to shreds in a thousand ways. Our people are too blind or ignorant to see it.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:00 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Austin Texas likes Jones, too. He's right much more often than he misstates or miscalculates things.

I sure as heck won't be intimidated about daring to say I like him, publicly. He's made fun of because he has revealed some things that others wish he would not.

I am very thankful for Rand Paul and his daring to tell it like it is about TSA.
I'm actually beginning to take a little pride in being accused of wearing a tin hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies