Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,998,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If you were running Israel and knew from history what the Arabic people are likely to try if you appear weak would you be sitting there waiting for them to try it again? How about the words that flow so easily from Ahmedinejad's mouth about leveling Israel?

I have to wonder if you know a whole lot about the period before the Six Day War and the War itself.

Calling Iranians "Arabic" is an insult because they are not Arabs or even Semites. They speak a language called Farsi (Parsi) which is an Indo-European language just like English, German, Russian or Hindi. They use Arabic just like Catholics used to use Latin but not in everyday life only during the Mass or to read a Bible. Do you know what Iran means in Farsi, it means Aryan or the original homeland of the Aryans. The Persians take great pride in there being different and not like the semites whom they have been locked in conflict for at least 4000 years. They live in a tough neigborhood and sometimes they are top dog like during the times of great Shah e Shahs Cyrus, Darius or Xerxses. Other times they have been overum by some of history's great conqueres like Alexander, Genghis Khan or Tamerlane.Persians/Iranians remeber all of this and consider us as inexperienced rubes. A clown show actually.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,533,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Calling Iranians "Arabic" is an insult because they are not Arabs or even Semites. They speak a language called Farsi (Parsi) which is an Indo-European language just like English, German, Russian or Hindi. They use Arabic just like Catholics used to use Latin but not in everyday life only during the Mass or to read a Bible. Do you know what Iran means in Farsi, it means Aryan or the original homeland of the Aryans. The Persians take great pride in there being different and not like the semites whom they have been locked in conflict for at least 4000 years. They live in a tough neigborhood and sometimes they are top dog like during the times of great Shah e Shahs Cyrus, Darius or Xerxses. Other times they have been overum by some of history's great conqueres like Alexander, Genghis Khan or Tamerlane.Persians/Iranians remeber all of this and consider us as inexperienced rubes. A clown show actually.
It really is an insult to call them this? GOOD! I'll use it because insulting such a hate-filled people is a dang good idea.

I could not care less what the Iranians think of us. A clown show? I think they are a very oppressed bunch of sheeple that are living a nothing life.

Good grief, to think most of us give a hoot what the Iranians think of us. I can't wait until Israel kicks their facilities to the moon. Cannot happen soon enough.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,962,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

... They have created what amounts to a Russian colony based on enslaving the existing Palestinian population. Israel is NOT our friend and as well as NOT our ally. I would prefer we have nothing to do with this rogue state until they recognize all of their population as full citizens ...
Having both visited several Middle Eastern countries and actually lived with a Palestinian family in East Jerusalem, all I can say is that the Palestinians are NOT enslaved. In fact the Palestinians enjoy a higher standard of living and a better life than many Arabs in other Middle Eastern countries. Personally, I would rather be a Palestinian living in the Palestinian territories right now than a Syrian living in Syria ... or a Coptic Christian living in Egypt.

From my point of view, the Rogue states in the Middle East are those corrupt totalitarian tyrannies like Syria, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and the rest.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, where is the proof that Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map?
You do know, David Duke agrees with you!!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
It really is an insult to call them this? GOOD! I'll use it because insulting such a hate-filled people is a dang good idea.

I could not care less what the Iranians think of us. A clown show? I think they are a very oppressed bunch of sheeple that are living a nothing life.

Good grief, to think most of us give a hoot what the Iranians think of us. I can't wait until Israel kicks their facilities to the moon. Cannot happen soon enough.
Seems strange to me, these are the same people who say they fight for women's rights here in the US.
All the while, defending a nation that treats their women, like second class citizen or a dog.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:42 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,533,022 times
3Shepherds, you make a very good point. Of course, now that I think of it, they also are hypocrites about womens' rights. They'll defend a lib woman and then ignore the rights of a conservative.

Israel has had extraordinary restraint with Iran. Praying Israel strikes the haters swiftly and doesn't look back. God bless 'em!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:42 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,602,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
At its core, it's one group of racists reaching out to another.

Apartheid is good, but only when its brown skinned Muslims.
The irony of this all - the Palestinians are to a large extent descendants of the Jews assimilated by Arabs etc.. Arabs and Jews are related quite a bit. But "undiluted" Jews and Palestinians are like cousins genetically speaking.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,602,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Having both visited several Middle Eastern countries and actually lived with a Palestinian family in East Jerusalem, all I can say is that the Palestinians are NOT enslaved. In fact the Palestinians enjoy a higher standard of living and a better life than many Arabs in other Middle Eastern countries. Personally, I would rather be a Palestinian living in the Palestinian territories right now than a Syrian living in Syria ... or a Coptic Christian living in Egypt.

From my point of view, the Rogue states in the Middle East are those corrupt totalitarian tyrannies like Syria, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and the rest.
Yet Syrians and Copts don't blow themselves up out of desperation.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,551,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
The irony of this all - the Palestinians are to a large extent descendants of the Jews assimilated by Arabs etc.. Arabs and Jews are related quite a bit. But "undiluted" Jews and Palestinians are like cousins genetically speaking.
Think of how a Palestinian feels: They've owned, lived on and farmed these lands for generations, then all of a sudden in 1948 all these European refugees show up and start taking, little by little, all your land away from you.

Now imagine in 1948 Mexico deciding it was going to take back Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, and those residents would have to move, and a giant, razor wire topped fence would be built to keep those people out of these newly retaken territories. Traveling back into their former homeland would be dependent on Mexican whims, and second class status for those remaining in these territories would become the rule.

Your average American would probably have a problem with that, but since Palestinians are brown skinned Muslims, they have as much problem with it as they do the Native American genocide.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Other reports state that Israel has as many as 400 nuclear weapons. The bottom line is... there are numerous reports and estimates on the number of nuclear weapons Israel has. Israel neither confirms nor denies such estimates. Therefore, one report estimate or is just as valid as the other.
One more time, provide a link for that source that says they have 400 weapons. One of your lefty buddies has supplied one that says 250 but nothing more than that other than your word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies