Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 07:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,348,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
wow that was hard to find...

Nuclear Weapons - Israel
Does your source say Israel has 400 nuclear devices as dorado said? I could only find that the highest estimate (all we have) is maybe 250. I guess you proved that I was right. Thanks.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:36 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,481,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's been widely reported that Israel has approximately 400 nuclear warheads, with the ability to deliver them by Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, aircraft and submarines. And, in addition to it's nuclear arsenal, Israel has the 3rd or 4th strongest Air Force in the world, with over 1,600 fighter, bomber and attack aircraft.

Iran a threat to Israel? I don't think so.
1) Its been "widely" reported: I have no idea how many nuclear warheads Israel has, nor do you. Maybe they have 401 ?
2) 1600 fighters? Another "bugabula" of yours. You have no idea what a fighter plane is. Israel wouldn't have the resources to maintain 1600 fighters, nor the place to store and fly them. And they don't need such numbers.
3) As you already proved in endless posts, rational thinking isn't your thing. Saudi Arabia for example, has a huge arsenal stored in bunkers. However, they are not seen as threat to most countries. When Saddam threatened them, they did not use this arsenal. It remains mostly of paper.
Iran is a different case, perceived as serious threat not to Israel only but to their neighbors such as Saudia, Kuwait and Iraq. All they need is ONE warhead of a certain type.
4) As is "widely" estimated, Iran may not use their nuclear weapon on the first day. However, they may get more aggressive and blackmail others into submission. Iran is also capable of delivering that ONE warhead to the good people of Hesbullah (the party of Allah). Iran's leadership are more clever than ours and they absolutely know how to leverage that ONE warhead to get what they want.
5) Where did Iranians get nuclear technology from? Pakistan! At their turn, Iran will undoubtedly return the favor and further spread it like virus to Syria, Sudan, etc. That by itself is alarming to any rational thinker.

Last edited by oberon_1; 01-31-2012 at 07:49 PM..

Old 01-31-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Mullah's in Iran are not bent on Israel's destruction. Don't know where you get that from. That's a lie.
The mullahs are running things but the executive of the nation name of Ahmedinejad keeps talking about them laying waste Israel. Is there a chance that he may be doing the talking for them?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:40 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,537,304 times
It does not matter how many Iran compared to Israel, has.

It matters that Israel wants to live in Peace, and Iran is salivating to wipe Israel off of the map.

Difference could not be bigger.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:44 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,058,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just say it and quit goofing around....you wanna go to war with Iran on behalf of Israel. Same for the rest of you right wingers. 2 wars isn't enough. And your need to suck up to Israel knows no bounds.

I'd have more respect if you'd just come out and be truthful instead if playing around with all these lies to get us in a war.
The only way we got attack Iran is if they continue playing games with oil money. Pretty simple stuff until you read all the nonsense thrown around in the media. Hell Iran has been a year away from having a nuke for the last ten years it seems. Now they are yet again. What a shock. LOL

Also Israel doesn't want to go to war with Iran they just want to be left alone. Last time Israel put a butt whippin on em. They can take care of themselves. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw you anyway.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Israel does not cooperate with that information but it is believed that they have greater than 200.

Summary of Israel's Possible Nuclear Delivery Systems:

Current World Nuclear Arsenals
If you were running Israel and knew from history what the Arabic people are likely to try if you appear weak would you be sitting there waiting for them to try it again? How about the words that flow so easily from Ahmedinejad's mouth about leveling Israel?

I have to wonder if you know a whole lot about the period before the Six Day War and the War itself.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
They don't report how many they have, but we know the numbers are substantial. North Korea has them too.
According to the source that I was given back there a few posts they may have as many as 250 nuclear devices. That doesn't crowd 400 very hard, IMO.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Isreal has made threats, but they use us to fight the wars for them. Then they can pretend to have clean hands.
Were you around for the Six Day War in 1967? They surely didn't let the US fight that one for them just as the early 1970s belonged to them alone, also. I just don't know which ones we have fought for them.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
One should remember Israel is about the size of New Jersey and you should also know Israel is at least half desert. So it is actually about the size of the state of Delaware. As few as half a dozen nuclear weapons could kill the state of Israel. Israel might have hundreds of the most technically advanced nuclear weapons and the latest planes and missiles to send them to targets thousands of miles away but it would all be to no avail. For they would have no power to retirn a dead nation to life or return a radioactive wasteland to useful occupancy.
Well, as Glenn Beck and I always say, they will defend themselves before any kind of sneak attack and will take a whole lot of Muslims with them in case Iran makes too loud noises and has a nuclear weapon to use on them. It is only a matter of time before they turn the sands of Iran into glass, IMO. They don't intend to sit there and be blown all to hell.

Nice post about them and what would happen if they don't remain ready to go at all times.

Of course, as Beck and I say, the lefties in this country want to side with the Muslims against Israel and will continue to do so until they find themselves worrying about how long the Muslims will dinky around with them.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
As far as I am concerned the fact that this western colonial remnant in the Mid East has any nuclear weapons is very disturbing. They have created what amounts to a Russian colony based on enslaving the existing Palestinian population. Israel is NOT our friend and as well as NOT our ally. I would prefer we have nothing to do with this rogue state until they recognize all of their population as full citizens. Anything less remains a threat to the entire world because of their nuclear capacity and their paranoid fear that will let them use to weapons regardless of what it does to either the world or themselves.

We are far less threatened by Iranian bellicosity than by Israeli intransigence and paranoia.
And yet the director of the CIA said today that Iran intends to use internal attacks on the US. Hmmm, they surely aren't a threat to the US, it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies