Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Start your own thread.

The fact that you don't want to state a dollar amount says to me that you're ashamed of that amount relative to the amount of biotching and moaning coming from you and others when it comes to castigating GOP attitudes towards the poor.

Got it.
No thanks, think I will repy to your BS instead.

As I said, how much I give is none of your freaking business. Besides any number anyone says will not mater, you farsiders will simply say it is a lie since the only way to prove it would be to post personal information. SO, In otherwords you are TROLLING.

Put your money where your mouth is, Post your dollar amounts with reciepts and other supporting documentation so we can see how you are a good man doing your bit by practicing what you whine about about.

We already know what righties like you think of the poor, "get a job and take care of yourself and if you cannot, just die and go away already", after all it is always been survival of the only the fit with you guys and to h*ll with the rest. All the while telling everyone that will listen that you are good men and good Christians.

Get this through your head, the US Government is going to continue to help those that need it, and they are going to use Tax Dollrs to do it, including Yours, whether You like it or not. Do you know why, it is because relying on charity did not get the job done, and we are talking about our fellow Americans, or don't you know anything about US history either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 01:42 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,107,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Less than I paid to help rebuild Iraq, pay to hunt for Osama and bail out Wall Street. What you got? By the way this is real money considering its coming out of my check and taking away from MY FAMILY to help rebuild Iraq and ensuring the Wall Street exacutives can keep their cushy bonuses
So, in other words you have voluntarily donated nothing?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Up until last year I was making baby clothes, preemie clothes, burial outfits and other baby related items and donating them to our local clothes closet (where anyone can get free clothes once a month).
I only stopped because my sewing machine died and I am unable to buy a new one.
So, I still cut out baby items in anticipation of getting another machine when my own finances allow it.
Awesome!

I may can get my hands on a sewing machine for you. Is there a specific type of machine you need to continue your good deeds? Would a donated sewing machine be acceptable to you?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I give money and I give time, how much I give is None Of Your Business. Funny thing, you and your fellow righties, failed to mention how much You give.
The righties aren't the ones telling everyone else how to spend their money. It was a simple question really. Do you practice what you preach?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
The righties aren't the ones telling everyone else how to spend their money. It was a simple question really. Do you practice what you preach?
The righties don't have an opinion on how to spend tax dollars, or is it that they don't voice it??

Old 02-03-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I don't have a lot of money, since I am a student but what I don't have in money I try to make up in time/skills.

I can tell you what I did last year though

I have spend hundreds of hours and drafted scores of documents over the past year assisting low income seniors prepare health care documents, wills, and other documents that allow them to have their wishes expressed in official documentation regarding medical decisions, and who they want to help them with their affairs if they get sick or injured. I volunteer at the local shelter preparing warm and healthy meals for the poor and have assisted domestic violence victims in obtaining protective orders.

Though I imagine that probably doesn't count and or is not good enough for you.
You'd be wrong. How could that not count? Especially working with the elderly, I don't think enough people want to do it.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No thanks, think I will repy to your BS instead.

As I said, how much I give is none of your freaking business. Besides any number anyone says will not mater, you farsiders will simply say it is a lie since the only way to prove it would be to post personal information. SO, In otherwords you are TROLLING.

Put your money where your mouth is, Post your dollar amounts with reciepts and other supporting documentation so we can see how you are a good man doing your bit by practicing what you whine about about.

We already know what righties like you think of the poor, "get a job and take care of yourself and if you cannot, just die and go away already", after all it is always been survival of the only the fit with you guys and to h*ll with the rest. All the while telling everyone that will listen that you are good men and good Christians.

Get this through your head, the US Government is going to continue to help those that need it, and they are going to use Tax Dollrs to do it, including Yours, whether You like it or not. Do you know why, it is because relying on charity did not get the job done, and we are talking about our fellow Americans, or don't you know anything about US history either.
I don't have a problem with those that deserve help getting help. I think a lot of conservative people feel this way. That problem is that most of the handouts are going to people that are only taking advantage don't really need them.

As far as the government taking care of people, what you say isn't exactly true. What is true is that there will always be handouts given out. If you ever find yourself with a relative or someone you care about who is handicapped and can't care for themselves as I have, you will find out that the government comes up short in what they provide and these people are doing without things they need medically and financially often enough. When they have to share the same pile of money with the able bodied that choose food stamps and unemployment over providing for themselves that is what happens.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:59 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
Really, who controls the purse strings in Congress, get back to me when you figure it out. Yes, simple question, and it is easy to say whatever answer anyone gives is untrue unless someone is willing to post personal information, not gonna happen. Yes, I do, I give time and money (after taxes) to several charities and to my church part of which also goes to helping those in need and I pay my taxes like the rest. Not going to give more information than that, I did once before and regreted it, I will never make that mistake again. Had my say on the subject, I will leave it at this, anyone that really cares will try and help out, they can do it either through money or through giving your time or both. If you do not want to help, then don't, it all comes down to what is in your heart and you making your own choices, it is your life to live as you see fit and not for others to judge.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
The righties don't have an opinion on how to spend tax dollars, or is it that they don't voice it??
Tax dollars aren't what we are talking about here. The question is about how liberals spend their own money out of their pocket in regards to charity.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:03 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
I give 95% of my money to an otherwise impoverished filipina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies