Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should parents be able to circumcise their son?
Yes 206 75.74%
No 66 24.26%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
If a woman is turned off by a man while getting ready to get it on, she must not be doing it for him. An erect penis, both intact and not, look pretty much the same.
I've known both...still prefer circumcised...that's my opinion. I will not get into more detail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 01:37 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
It's just a cheap attack on religion. The same exact people who are against a little snip have no problem stabbing a baby with a coat hanger.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:38 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
If the anti-circumcision folks demand that future baby boys be uncut, then it's only fair that the rightful parents should demand these folks to take involved parental roles in their sons' upbringing. Demand that they teach the boys how to pull their foreskin back and clean the area. Demand that they help out when the foreskin area is infected. Demand that they share the expense too.

Of course, they'll say "But he's not my child." Well, of course!

The level of hypocrisy is so astounding.
So the pro-cut movement is for incompetent parents who can't teach hygiene to their kids and let the rabbi take care of it for life?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It's just a cheap attack on religion. The same exact people who are against a little snip have no problem stabbing a baby with a coat hanger.
Great point.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Of course they can't. You can't lose what you can't recall having. Except if the unnecessary procedure turns into a debacle for any reason, then the child must live forever with it.

That makes for a poor excuse. There are many surgical procedures deemed necessary, and many that never are. Then why subject everybody to a procedure? It makes no sense to fix something that ain't broke... much less when there is a risk involve (and there is, with any surgery).
Can't what? I understand what you are trying to say, but to be perfectly blunt, I know how a man reacts when he is enjoying sex and a circumcised guy reacts no differently than a non. I think we should just leave it at that for now.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I've known both...still prefer circumcised...that's my opinion. I will not get into more detail.
Eh...I'm much more interested in size than I am in whether it's intact or not. Besides, if we're talking about the appearance of one's genitals, we women don't exactly have room to talk. Yet we like to say it's unfair to be judged by our stretched and sagging lady parts after childbirth. Oh, the hypocrisy.

When will some women lose the swooning act?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:45 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
If the anti-circumcision folks demand that future baby boys be uncut, then it's only fair that the rightful parents should demand these folks to take involved parental roles in their sons' upbringing. Demand that they teach the boys how to pull their foreskin back and clean the area. Demand that they help out when the foreskin area is infected. Demand that they share the expense too.

Of course, they'll say "But he's not my child." Well, of course!

The level of hypocrisy is so astounding.
Since when did teaching our children about *basic* hygiene become such a chore??? I've heard of lazy parenting, but this takes the cake!

Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Can't what? I understand what you are trying to say, but to be perfectly blunt, I know how a man reacts when he is enjoying sex and a circumcised guy reacts no differently than a non. I think we should just leave it at that for now.
You can sense enjoyment but degree of which you can't (and neither the person who is missing it). You do know that foreskin has nerve endings, don't you? It is, technically, no different than the skin covering the clitoris. How many women wouldn't miss not having the sensation?

Old 02-21-2012, 02:04 PM

18,474 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
LOL! You assumed a lot about me in the above statement. I did it for my sons because of the health reasons and ONLY because of the health reasons.

There are lots of decisions we parents make based on experience, family history, health, etc. Not all of these decisions other people will agree with. But other people's agreement isn't neccessary to making a good (for my family) decision. I'm not saying everyone should have their sons circumcised. But that should be left to the individual family... you know, like vaccination!

I've seen you defend a parents right to decide not to vaccinate, even though "conventional" wisdom is that it is wrong not to vaccinate. Circumcision is the same type of choice. We've decided that it was right for our family based on health reasons not vaccinate and we chose to circumcise our sons based on health reasons.

If you as a parent don't agree, then you as a parent should have the right to choose not to do that. I only want to make the best decisions for MY family, not yours!

I find the whole 'health reasons" a bunch of crap
I have 3 boys triplets, they are 28 years old not, not cird, and have never had any type af healt problem with their penis.

so this 'for health reason" is the biggest bunch of BS ever told.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:06 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
My question still stands....How do you know?

Were you circumcised as a child and can remember and say that the pain was miniscule? Did you then also undergo a female circumcision?

If you've done none of these things, how can you honestly take the position that you've taken?

And for the record, it's not just about the pain. It's about permanently altering something on my child without their knowledge and/or consent.
No, it's about me doing what's right for MY child and YOU doing what's right for yours!

Why do Anit-Choice people always want to but their personal beliefs onto everyone else!?!

You don't like it don't get it done!

Isn't that what Pro-choicers usually say about abortion? Well, why don't you practice what you preach! BTW, in case you think I'm being hypocritical about that I'm pro-choice! Pro-Choice about EVERYTHING!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies