Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should parents be able to circumcise their son?
Yes 206 75.74%
No 66 24.26%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:53 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,000 times

Advertisements

Absolutely NOT! If a male decides to have millions of nerve endings chopped of his penis, then he should decide when he is an adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 AM

779 posts, read 537,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
It is perfectly acceptable. The health benefits alone which have been proven ad naseum are reason enough to do it.
So, when I was in the Army, I was exposed to people's stinky feet and pits, all the time. Should we cut them off? I mean, these men OBVIOUSLY can't clean their pits and feet, so they SHOULD BE REMOVED!

Old 02-21-2012, 05:57 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
So, when I was in the Army, I was exposed to people's stinky feet and pits, all the time. Should we cut them off? I mean, these men OBVIOUSLY can't clean their pits and feet, so they SHOULD BE REMOVED!
Of course! How dare they stink up other peoples personal space! While were at it, we should cut off hands because some people can't keep them to themselves!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Quote:
Seriously? Now that is removing an extremity or a piece of anatomy that will affect other parts of the body. Your comparison is ridiculous.

Why do you care what other do with the foreskin which is not a necessary piece of skin?

Old 02-21-2012, 06:04 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
So whatever might be done due to the fact that it is part of a religious ceremony is OK with you???

I didnt say that.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Seriously? Now that is removing an extremity or a piece of anatomy that will affect other parts of the body. Your comparison is ridiculous.

Why do you care what other do with the foreskin which is not a necessary piece of skin?
I care because my superstitious parents removed part of my body without my consent. My comparison was not ridiculous, you just can't see the truth behind it because you've been indoctrinated by Judeo-Christian theology.

If "God" saw fit to provide us with a foreskin, how is it "not necessary?" What a joke.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:22 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Quote:
I care because my superstitious parents removed part of my body without my consent. My comparison was not ridiculous, you just can't see the truth behind it because you've been indoctrinated by Judeo-Christian theology.

If "God" saw fit to provide us with a foreskin, how is it "not necessary?" What a joke.
How is it necessary? Do you remember that body part being removed? Did it scar you mentally? Could you have consented as a baby? Did your parents do other things you didn't want to do when you were growing up? How dare they!!!!

And how do you know what my religious beliefs are? Mighty presumptuous! And yes, your comparison was completely ridiculous. To compare hands or feet the the foreskin is irresponsible and you know it.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
How is it necessary? Do you remember that body part being removed? Did it scar you mentally? Could you have consented as a baby? Did your parents do other things you didn't want to do when you were growing up? How dare they!!!!

And how do you know what my religious beliefs are? Mighty presumptuous! And yes, your comparison was completely ridiculous. To compare hands or feet the the foreskin is irresponsible and you know it.
I still see the scar, is that enough for you? "you know it" and then you call me "presumptuous"? LMAO!

Male circumcision is firmly rooted in Americanized Judeo-Christian belief. Please, prove me wrong. You won't be able to. If you ACTUALLY research the practice, that is. It's barbaric.

You know, I find it SO IRONIC that right-wingers scream about freedom and liberty while at the same time whacking part of their non-consenting son's penies off. It's comedy GOLD!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Sigh....I worked as a nurse in a small hospital in a general surgical unit. I can't tell you how many adult male circumcisions were performed and according to the men it was excruciatingly painful. They developed strictures, chronic UTI's and a few other related health issues - all would not have happened if they had the procedure as infants. Every single one of those men wished they had been circumcised as infants.
Um. Number of uncircumcised males who eventually have to get one done for medical reasons...1 in 16400. Number of (easily treated) utis in male infants who are not circumcised...1 in 100. You want to cut every single male child (without his consent) to prevent basically a non-problem?

Stop drinking the koolaid.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,777,355 times
but a uncircumcised penis looks weird...sort of like an anteater...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies