Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 04:41 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Jesus had plenty of rebuke for a good deal of behavior. Naming the behaviors would be constructive.

Yes, he did.

How could the very individuals he was dying for perpetuate their own sins by being the blood thirsty crowd clamoring for his murder? Jews have regularly been scapegoated for the behavior I've witnessed in the fringes of every Christian denomination. These are false (c)hristians instigating strife and selling armament to all sides surely as there exist false (j)ews cashing out their heritage for the opportunity to prey upon their own. Bernie Madeoff was a (j)ew in name only. His deeds are 100% rebuked by true Judaism. Mel Gibson is no Christian as he avoids himself in the mirror and points his bony finger of denial convicting Jews for his own abysmal failures as a human being. Self deception is the nemesis of all humanity. Not restricted to one group or another. Applicable to all.

Bolded portion: Why are you giving them credit for what their own deeds have failed to materialize to justify the label "Christian"? How about you and I start walking around declaring ourselves the Queen of England? What's another adjective for Fred Phelps, who is neither true religious, nor competent enough to practice law? I have more respect for self declared Satanists than I do for false (c)hristians, false (j)ews, false (b)udhists lying through their teeth.

Jesus stated a good deal of evil would be wrongfully done in his name. And when it's being done on a national theater claiming rights to represent huge swaths of people real Christians (those walking their talk) ought to remain silent? Is it sufficient to shun them when they behave as predators within denominations wheedling their way into positions of authority? The Catholic flock feels otherwise about pedophile priests. When conniving individuals abuse the host nation hiding behind their cloak of 'religious freedom'?

Hitler's hijack of religion, the whole hog embrace of 'chosen child' theology that he incredulously accused all others of, was NOT acceptable to me, or any other Christian worth their salt. It was not acceptable to Jews who had debunked chosen child theology as well. Sociopaths in Mississippi burning crosses were opposite of true religious practice. "Supremacy" theology is men worshiping themselves at the expense of their maker. It's not religion at all. It's a CULT. And when that cult his hiding behind a cloak of "orthodox", it's still a cult.

This lunatic fringe you're repulsed by equally repulses me, however, we aren't naming them when they hide behind uniforms in false representation. If Newt Gingrich had to spend one day walking the shoes of a Catholic it would scare 50 yrs off him. Atheists trot out Jim Jones as an example of religion and utterly ignore the TRUE Catholic, Congressman Leo Ryan, who died in the line of duty trying to save his constituents from a madman. It's a disgrace in American culture that promotes Jim Jones to icon status and makes a mockery of Congressman Leo Ryan.

So, America, how much do you know about what the real deal looks like? Or are you all too content to settle on chick tract definitions?
Leo Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you really believe "AHnold" is Catholic? Or is he just another Bernie Madeoff posing in pews worshiping himself 'networking'? Meanwhile, REAL Christians go about their humble lives holding up civilization for the privilege of having a knife thrust in their back by weasels posing as legitimate religion and 'real' Americans (misnomer for people who prefer anarchy) cheering on the faux politi-religious mafia representing them. Enough is enough.

There really ought to be music superimposed on republican primary debates going on about their religious righteousness. Something along the lines of, oh, say... Will the real slim shady please stand up?
One has to see if God is being used by the individual or is the individual being used by God.. some want to benefit from God. Others want to save souls and spread the message of Jesus and that means taking on the world to save those souls. It is not an easy task and one has to count the cost . Jesus was the example of how the world received him. Some wanted the miracles , some the healing but did they want to take on the world of sin and save those who would accept the gospel and repent and follow Jesus? Jesus requires much from his true followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 05:17 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Graham is looking at the fruits,, actions and words to see what they believe. I do too. Obama is not Christian. He professes it but his fruits stink.

Graham was very cordial to Obama.
Who got Osama?

Obama is a Christian, as much as most of you are. He raises his kids in the faith and professes to be so.

If you are a Muslim and then profess Christianity, then Islam says you should be destroyed.

A lot of people posting here don't seem to know much about either religion, and should stop embarrassing themselves.

Franklin Graham is not even a shadow of his dad, who tried very hard not to make political comments. Franklin is either ill informed or malicious, neither of which suit a true man of God.

Last edited by goldengrain; 02-24-2012 at 05:31 PM..

Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Who got Osama?

Obama is a Christian, as much as most of you are. He raises his kids in the faith and professes to be so.

If you are a Muslim and then profess Christianity, then Islam says you should be destroyed.

A lot of people posting here don't seem to know much about either religion, and should stop embarrassing themselves.

Franklin Graham is not even a shadow of his dad, who tried very hard not to make political comments. Franklin is either ill informed or malicious, neither of which suit a true man of God.

What , you actually think Obama killed Osama? What a stretch. Did Obama find him and kill him personally? You would think so with the post , who got osama?

No, Obama is a Black Liberation Theology believer.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:44 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What , you actually think Obama killed Osama? What a stretch. Did Obama find him and kill him personally? You would think so with the post , who got osama?

No, Obama is a Black Liberation Theology believer.
Some people on CD are really into Obama and don't even see how irrational their hatred sounds. Obama got Osama in the same way in which G.BushJr warred on Iraq. THey both had to give the ok. No, I don't want my Presidents running through desert areas with machine guns.

You're talking trash.

For your info, there is a lot less of that Black Liberation theology going around these days. There are a lot of black middle class people who have great jobs, live in the burbs, have their children doing well in great schools. Why do you think Rev. Al has changed his style so much? Because power has shifted in the black community away from ghettos to the middle classes. The American Dream is being realized right before your eyes. You should be happy.

People who make comments like yours just show their ignorance and wish to denigrate others in society who are doing better than they.

It is of no significance to the country what religion the President follows, if he follows one at all. That is private for each of us, him included. All that matters is that he governs well and tries to govern ALL the people and not just favor those of a certain group.

There used to be a large Christian influence in our politics, but the current brand of publicized Christianity, the sort that would interject itself into our day to day lives through the power of the government - that's blatantly un-American and has no place in this country. We should separate religion from state as much as humanly possible, so again, it matters not what religion our leaders are.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:44 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
The reason you have a SAFE NATION is a direct result of that black president of yours keeping your butt safe! Obama killed Osama, poetic justice. Franklin Graham is an embarrasement to his father. His father would be wholly and completely ashamed of his latest antics.
The President is only reason we're safe, guess none of our polices do that.

Bin Laden dead where's the proof, he's word I guess............Who was he protecting to not show American's the body??

Franklin Graham has always said he's not like his father. He's more direct as to what one has to believe to get to heaven.

"Collective Salvation" is not scripture.........

Old 02-26-2012, 08:48 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The President is only reason we're safe, guess none of our polices do that.

Bin Laden dead where's the proof, he's word I guess............Who was he protecting to not show American's the body??

Franklin Graham has always said he's not like his father. He's more direct as to what one has to believe to get to heaven.

"Collective Salvation" is not scripture.........
Peddle your b.s. somewhere else!!!..you have done more to prove some "Christians" are deluded ignorant prejudiced imbeciles in this post than the atheist could do in the next year!!!

Guess Professor Cone was right.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
We spin our religion? Good grief, Finn. You can do better than that, can't you? Why the hell would we do that? If we didn't believe ourselves to be Christians, why on earth would we call ourselves Christians? Why would we want to be known as Christians if we didn't believe we were? How many Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, or Muslims do you know who go around spinning their religion to make it look Christian? That has got to be the single most idiotic statement I've ever seen coming from you. (No, on second thought, it's the second most idiotic. The most idiotic was this one: "It seems rather clear that the mormon church has stepped in to decide what is 'doctrine' and what is not." )

You are the one, Finn, who spins our beliefs to be non-Christian, and I want everybody on this thread to know that. For those of you who don't know Finn all that well, he posts his anti-Mormon lies over on the Christianity forum all the time. I have spent literally hours, and I'm not exaggerating, explaining what we really believe. Even after I've done that, he ignores everything I've said and returns to his tired old interpretation of what we supposedly believe. Trust me... it bears little resemblance to how I've explained our beliefs. I don't really care one bit whether people embrace Mormonism or not, but I do care when they misrepresent our beliefs. I should not have to continually clarify what Mormons believe -- particularly not on a political forum. Lying for Jesus just doesn't cut it, Finn.
Funny, these people can't question one man, but can question and deny a whole group of Mormons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What actions?

Having only one wife?

Not like that GOOD CHRISTIAN Gingrich, the serial cheater...right?

GOOD CHRISTIANS screw around constantly and divorce on whim.....OK, I got ya.
Or fool around and the wife looks the other way.......the name Clinton's come to mind.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Peddle your b.s. somewhere else!!!..you have done more to prove some "Christians" are deluded ignorant prejudiced imbeciles in this post than the atheist could do in the next year!!!

Guess Professor Cone was right.
So are you now in charge of who can post where
Your opinion doesn't mean much to me either.........Did you mistake me for someone who cares?

President Obama's books claim much, the proof is in the pudding. Seems your slightly insecure if you think my postings are the only ones that hit you in an uncomfortable spot.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So are you now in charge of who can post where
Your opinion doesn't mean much to me either.........Did you mistake me for someone who cares?

President Obama's books claim much, the proof is in the pudding. Seems your slightly insecure if you think my postings are the only ones that hit you in an uncomfortable spot.
Obviously reading for comprehension escapes you...I made it perfectly clear what I think of you!

It's "your'e" not "your"..I'm not surprised you don't know the difference.

Your posting hit most sane people in an uncomfortable spot.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:41 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Those who remember the 1960 might remember how Republicans attacked Kennedy because he was a Catholic, and therefore not a "real Christian". Now, that they have to choose between a Mormon, an serial adulterer and a Catholic, the Catholic is just fine. Sad.....

But then, what is more hypocrital that someone profession their christianity. If you are a true Christian, there really isn't a need to shout it from the rooftops. God knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies