Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 03:08 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
TAMPA (CBS Tampa) — Talk about pain at the pump! Some Florida drivers are spending nearly $6 a gallon to fill up their gas tanks.
According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

Florida Drivers Shelling Out Nearly $6 A Gallon At Some Gas Stations « CBS Tampa

I guess this is GW's fault too.
What a difference an election makes, back in 2004 when John Kerry was running for president, he blasted Bush for $2 gas prices, and faulted him for lack of leadership by not getting the Saudis to increase production - Kerry: "Well, I haven't seen any jawboning, have you?"

Bush Opposes Using Oil Reserve; Kerry Would Suspend Purchases - Bloomberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 03:21 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Awesome news! I hope the national average goes to $5 dollar soon. If Florida is going up when it is right next to the refineries in Texas and the Gulf coast, it means the rest of the country will be heading higher.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:22 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Oh well, another baseless thread somehow meant to discredit Pres. Obama, but instead shows American citizenry to be some of the most dim witted on the planet Earth!!!
Yep, if you draw a trend line in this graph thru bush's 8 years, the price of gas today is still BELOW that trend line.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Awesome news! I hope the national average goes to $5 dollar soon. If Florida is going up when it is right next to the refineries in Texas and the Gulf coast, it means the rest of the country will be heading higher.
Glad to see you are openly rooting against the country, how unAmerica, how sad, how pathetic.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Oh well, another baseless thread somehow meant to discredit Pres. Obama, but instead shows American citizenry to be some of the most dim witted on the planet Earth!!!
Yep, using my GasBuddy app, I could find regular gas over $4.00 a gallon in any Florida city. Even the highest premium I could find over $4.25....

Wingnuts, hoping for the government to fail, hoping for more pain for the middle class. How pathetic.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:39 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Yes ... here in San Diego there are a few stations located in high tourist areas that charge a lot more than the average gas station.

They are usually located right next to freeway ramp exits that lead to our beaches and tourist attractions.

Tourists don't realize that they could drive just a few blocks in any direction, and save $1 / gallon.

But leave it to republicans to try to "shock" people with this kind of misleading information.

According to the tiny chart on the right side of this website, average gas prices in Florida for regular are $3.69 / gal as of today, Feb 22.
Just a few short years ago you liberals were screaming over $3 a gallon gas and when we went to DW, $3.50 a gallon was a gouge. So you are saying that the $6 a gallon is not a problem....yeah right.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
yet still another person labeling people as something they are not.

I am neither democrat nor republican. both of those parties stand for nothing but more goverment.
How about more Capitalism so we can pay even more at the pump!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm not sure this is price gouging. After the surge in gas prices in 2008, fuel retailers nationwide were investigated and penalized by state and federal inspectors for running up fuel prices to take advantage of the overall increase in oil prices. It was a hard lesson learned.....I actually know someone who did this and the profits he reaped were less than the fine he was levied. In other words....it's not worth the risk after the 2008 debacle.

If it is indeed price gouging, then these retailers do it with a huge amount of risk....especially considering these prices are being broadcast in the media. They better have the receipts to back up the price....because even a hint of gouging is guaranteed to catch the attention of regulators in a Presidential election year.
Not sure $6/gallon of gas is price gouging? Why else would they need to charge almost twice the national average?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Just a few short years ago you liberals were screaming over $3 a gallon gas and when we went to DW, $3.50 a gallon was a gouge. So you are saying that the $6 a gallon is not a problem....yeah right.
He just told you gas in FL costs $3.60, not $6? You even quoted it.

Is this complicated for some readers?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
You know, I did try that one. Have to say......it didnt help at all. Thanks dear leader Obama for your wisdom, but you may want to pull your head from your arse and start accepting that we have a serious problem with energy and oil and your idiocy in the belief that our prices should sky rocket just isnt going to fly. Please, if you feel that strongly about it, I dare you to make the proclamation again about energy prices sky rocketing. Hell, put an ad out on it. Sure, dumb liberals will still vote for you but the rest of America wont.
Let capitalism work. Lets develop alternative energy supplies that complete with petroleum energy. That is the only way to control the price of gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies