Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 12:46 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times

Advertisements

sexuality is not a choice... religion is though.. choosing to believe someone is terrible for who they are is choosing to hate... there's no way really around it folks.. sorry. "it's my religion" might have worked 50 years ago.. but now days.. "your religion is a bunch of biggoted nonsense that you CHOOSE to believe in.. therefore you're a bigot by default."

don't like being called a bigot.. don't choose to believe in religions that make you one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 01:31 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Really? Think back to kindergarden or grade one. Did you ever have a crush on a girl?

But then for the past 30 or 40 years kids have been taught evolution and there is no God. So if you learned this from a very early age, you probably have no awareness of a time when you did not feel that way.

NOPE. never have.

funny, i live in conservative north dakota, brother and sister, both straight, and i'm the most religious one IN My family, even have a degree in religion from the university.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_spirit View Post
Western Pilgrim, it is written what is to occur. I applaud you for trying, but you must understand that this is a deviant society. People want free sex. They want to be able to walk around naked and have sex with everything in sight, from members of the same sexual orientation to animals.

People don't want rules. Christianity establishes a set of rules that moraly bounds society, but people are evil. We are too easily tempted.

It's all written.

i'm 34 year old virgin male.. yet gay

Old 02-27-2012, 01:40 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
One could easily find pictures of gang members and strippers and then show how they were "educated" in our nations (or Australias) PUBLIC schools....love the ignorance Aussie

Old 02-27-2012, 07:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Homeschooling families can't teach homosexuality a sin in class, says Alberta govt:

"Under Alberta’s new Education Act, homeschoolers and faith-based schools will not be permitted to teach that homosexual acts are sinful as part of their academic program, says the spokesperson for Education Minister Thomas Lukaszuk. 'Whatever the nature of schooling – homeschool, private school, Catholic school – we do not tolerate disrespect for differences,' Donna McColl, Lukaszuk’s assistant director of communications, told LifeSiteNews on Wednesday evening."

Is this where we're headed in the United States?
Sad enough it takes a law for that in the 21st century
In a secular country there is no sin.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
While liberals scream about the prospect of the religious right imposing their beliefs on the rest of us, it rarely works that way. It's the other way around--it's liberals who seek to impose their beliefs on others. This is just one more example.
You need to rethink your paranoia. Liberals are the only group who will try something new or look at something with a new pair of eyes. Conservatives stick to their opinions and ignore any new facts or ideas. It is in their nature to resist change even when (or perhaps especially when) such change is an improvement. Liberals are not imposing anything, they are promoting a more enlightened view.

It is my view the government should ensure that home schooling doesn't promote destructive points of view. The last thing any society needs is a bunch of differently educated fools who find enemies or problems where there need not be any.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 02-27-2012 at 08:11 AM..

Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You need to rethink your paranoia. Liberals are the only group who will try something new or look at something with a new pair of eyes. Conservatives stick to their opinions and ignore any new facts or ideas. It is in their nature to resist change even when (or perhaps especially when) such change is an improvement. Liberals are not imposing anything but a more enlightened view of something.

It is my view the government should ensure that home schooling doesn't promote destructive points of view. The last thing any society needs is a bunch of differently educated fools who find enemies or problems where there need not be any.
That's one of the reasons why home schooling is not allowed in some countries, they don't want kids to be subject to indoctrination. Sure, parents will still say nasty or outdated things at home, but at least there is a place called school where kids hear people say exactly the opposite. That at least makes them think and wonder which is correct.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Until you can prove Jesus rose from the dead and/or walked on water, such things are opinions to many.
Or that he even existed.
Let alone a god thing...

Is the OP moving to Canada now?

Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's one of the reasons why home schooling is not allowed in some countries, they don't want kids to be subject to indoctrination. Sure, parents will still say nasty or outdated things at home, but at least there is a place called school where kids hear people say exactly the opposite. That at least makes them think and wonder which is correct.
I agree. A close relative of mine is going to home school their children and I wonder what kind of distortions will be imparted. Education is so important, I don't know why people think of it as customizable or why they think certain facts are worthy of exclusion. Does it really take a college degree to accept that facts are more reliable than beliefs?

Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Bisexuals and bisexuality refute your premise that gays are born that way.
No it doesn't.
Bisexuals are bisexuals.
Homosexuals are homosexuals.
Heterosexuals are heterosexuals or, as I like to call some of the, haterosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies