Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 06:02 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Do I get a vote on their sex life then if I'm going to control their reproductive life?

Huh? I don't follow. Simply answer yes or no. Do you think it is ok to use abortion for sex selection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well of course it wasn't proven wrong,
Yes, it was. Now you're deliberately spreading untruths. There's a name for that.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yes, it was. Now you're deliberately spreading untruths. There's a name for that.

So, you simply can't support your contention, that's ok, we all know.

Now back to the matter you really don't want to address. How about abortion for sex selection. Really swell right?

Old 02-26-2012, 06:17 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Huh? I don't follow.
I think what he's saying is that he wonders how far up other people's arses you are willing to stick your nose.

PS - 100% - 3% = 97%. There's your mathematical answer to the PP question.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I think what he's saying is that he wonders how far up other people's arses you are willing to stick your nose.

PS - 100% - 3% = 97%. There's your mathematical answer to the PP question.

Any chancce you would be willing to take a stab at the sex selection question? I completely understand why all the pro abortion folks want to dodge the question. It kind of makes your whole, "its none of my business" argument fall apart.

By the way are you suggesting PP spends 97% of its funds on supporting woman who choose to keep a child? I don't believe you are correct.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
'

To use logic, abortion choice is a reaction to the initial bad choice.."don't get pregnant if you are not ready".

Now there are exceptions and abortion has it's place.

"Freedom of choice" in response to not making a good decision to begin with.
Agreed. Liberals like to use instances like rape, incest, or health of the mother as means to support their pro-choice viewpoint but those three situations combined only make up less than 5% of abortions. The rest are for purely social reasons.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM

18,729 posts, read 33,402,036 times
Biologically, the fetus has a parasitic relationship with the woman/host until it can survive outside the womb. Now, that sounds like harsh language, but it's a fact- the woman is not a carrying vessel, and she can survive just fine without the fetus, while the reverse is not true. Hence, different laws involving different trimesters.
I continue to think that most people against abortions are against women having sex without "having to pay for playing." Otherwise, there'd be wall-to-wall support and education for birth control, no?
If I'd gotten pregnant despite all my birth control efforts as a young woman, I might have had qualms about an abortion during a particular point in my spiritual life.But it's still my decision, and I do know that few "abortions" happen when the baby is being born, despite whatever films were shown in church.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Biologically, the fetus has a parasitic relationship with the woman/host until it can survive outside the womb. Now, that sounds like harsh language, but it's a fact- the woman is not a carrying vessel, and she can survive just fine without the fetus, while the reverse is not true. Hence, different laws involving different trimesters.
I continue to think that most people against abortions are against women having sex without "having to pay for playing." Otherwise, there'd be wall-to-wall support and education for birth control, no?
If I'd gotten pregnant despite all my birth control efforts as a young woman, I might have had qualms about an abortion during a particular point in my spiritual life.But it's still my decision, and I do know that few "abortions" happen when the baby is being born, despite whatever films were shown in church.
Ridiculous reasoning. An infant cannot survive without a parent for the first many years of its life. By your logic, there is therefore a "parasitic relationship" and the parent responsible for taking care of "it" should have the right to kill it.

It's tragic that so many people subscribe to your twisted logic.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
So, you simply can't support your contention, that's ok, we all know.
Let's break it down, shall we:
  1. You, not I, made a contention. Specifically, "They do nothing to support woman who choose to carry children to term", "they" being Planned Parenthood.
  2. I, and others, showed where Planned Parenthood offered pre- and postnatal health services.
  3. You tried to redirect with a requirement for percentages, apparently failing to realize that any percentage is higher than "nothing".
  4. And finally, when called on that, you flat-out insisted you were still right, somehow.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-27-2012 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Let's break it down, shall we:
  1. You, not I, made a contention. Specifically, "They do nothing to support woman who choose to carry children to term", "they" being Planned Parenthood.
  2. I, and others, showed where Planned Parenthood offered pre- and postnatal health services.
  3. You tried to redirect with a requirement for percentages, apparently failing to realize that any percentage is higher than "nothing".
  4. And finally, when called on that, you flat-out insisted you were still right, somehow.

So sad, the sign of a losing argument is name calling. You showed no such thing. You simply produced a cut and paste job from their website. To claim that PP is not an abortion provider or provides support for all choices equally is silly in the extreme.

And once again you refuse to engage on the OP. And again, I undrestand why. Come on say it, we all know it. Abortion for sex selection is unsupportable. You know, as with partial birth abortion, the pro abortion crowd will simply never admit any abortion procedure is out of bounds.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-27-2012 at 05:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies