Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times

Advertisements

In 2011, approximately 8.9 MILLION families received WIC assistance.

WIC is intended to help pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5.

The following foods are available to assisted families:
Quote:

WIC foods include infant cereal, iron-fortified adult cereal, vitamin C-rich fruit or vegetable juice, eggs, milk, cheese, peanut butter, dried and canned beans/peas, and canned fish. Soy-based beverages, tofu, fruits and vegetables, baby foods, whole-wheat bread, and other whole-grain options were recently added to better meet the nutritional needs of WIC participants.

WIC recognizes and promotes breastfeeding as the optimal source of nutrition for infants. For women who do not fully breastfeed, WIC provides iron-fortified infant formula. Special infant formulas and medical foods may be provided when prescribed by a physician for a specified medical condition.
Frequently Asked Questions

Common sense and personal responsibility dictates that you do NOT have children when you can't afford the most basic necessities, such as food. We're not talking hi-tech nurseries, the lastest stroller, or name-brand diapers. We're talking FOOD!!

Someone, anyone tell me: How can 8.9 million people (men and women) be so amazingly irresponsible to bring children in the world and then have to immediately get in line for FOOD assistance??!

Abortion is not the answer either, for the obtuse who might spew pro-abortion tripe. We're talking about NOT creating the child in the first place.

This is the height of Personal Irresponsibility in America. And it's disgusting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 08:26 PM

840 posts, read 781,785 times
Stop crying and trying to dictate how people should live. Thank you.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Stop crying and trying to dictate how people should live. Thank you.
When my tax dollars are involved, I have a say in the matter. When the decay of the nation is at stake, I have a say in the matter. I'm sorry you don't quite get that.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:30 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
I for one think that babies are going to be born welfare or not. I wonder what percentage of babies would not be born if all welfare was stopped.

Look at Africa, poverty is rampant and very little government assistance but the birth rate is out of control. It's ignorance, not welfare that causes poor women to have babies.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I for one think that babies are going to be born welfare or not. I wonder what percentage of babies would not be born if all welfare was stopped.

Look at Africa, poverty is rampant and very little government assistance but the birth rate is out of control. It's ignorance, not welfare that causes poor women to have babies.
Where do you draw the line? Suppose the number jumps from 8.9 million to 20 million. Do you just chalk it up to ignorance and turn a blind eye?

Old 02-26-2012, 08:34 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,997 times
The more children they produce, the more freebies they get. This isn't rocket science for the deadbeats to figure it out that making babies and putting them on the dole makes for a nice way to keep freeloading forever. As long as the government steals money in the name of taxation, redistributes it and we put up with it, why do the freeloaders care?

Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In 2011, approximately 8.9 MILLION families received WIC assistance.

WIC is intended to help pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5.

The following foods are available to assisted families:

Frequently Asked Questions

Common sense and personal responsibility dictates that you do NOT have children when you can't afford the most basic necessities, such as food. We're not talking hi-tech nurseries, the lastest stroller, or name-brand diapers. We're talking FOOD!!

Someone, anyone tell me: How can 8.9 million people (men and women) be so amazingly irresponsible to bring children in the world and then have to immediately get in line for FOOD assistance??!

Abortion is not the answer either, for the obtuse who might spew pro-abortion tripe. We're talking about NOT creating the child in the first place.

This is the height of Personal Irresponsibility in America. And it's disgusting!

They have no money, and sex is free, therefore...............

Old 02-26-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
The more children they produce, the more freebies they get. This isn't rocket science for the deadbeats to figure it out that making babies and putting them on the dole makes for a nice way to keep freeloading forever. As long as the government steals money in the name of taxation, redistributes it and we put up with it, why do the freeloaders care?
The freeloaders don't care, you're absolutely right. And neither does our government. So at what point do we expect PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to kick in? It doesn't appear that anyone, anywhere cares to turn this struggling nation around, the United States Government being the most prolifigate.

If the funding was turned off, then lots of people would find out the hard way that their bad decisions have consequences. Which is the way it should be.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When my tax dollars are involved, I have a say in the matter. When the decay of the nation is at stake, I have a say in the matter. I'm sorry you don't quite get that.
Keep supporting the right wingers, especially the religious loons. Contraceptives should never be used and every birth is a blessing in their eyes

Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
These recently arrested deadbeats subjected their 10 children to deplorable conditions before the kids were removed and placed with a family member and the trailer was condemned.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-arrest-report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies