Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 05:46 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,451,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I think somewhere in this thread people got the reality and their feelings on how things should be mixed up. I believe that is the major disconnect here.

I agree, I think it is a bad idea to have children if you can't feed them yourself.

However, the kids are gonna keep coming if there is assistance or not. And society is going to pay for them one way or another.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. And thus, the crux of the problem. Why do people think I need to fund their offspring, without them taking full responsibility for them? I guess the term is 'selfish' is due here, on their part.

This is the land of USA.

--- I owe you nothing
--- I will not violate your Constitutional rights (or Bill or Rights)
--- I ask nothing from you
--- Please ask nothing from me.

I DO fully support paying taxes for things that everyone needs... roads, fire, police, etc. The staples of goverment involvement... but beyond that, you are on your own. Always has been that way, and I hope it always will be. This is what made our country strong.

I do have an option.... impregnate every woman I can find (that will be easy), transfer all assets out of my name, so I am destitute... go on welfare, unemployment, housing assistance... wow... I can live it up... yet keep the yacht in a nice dock off of Sanibel Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:55 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In 2011, approximately 8.9 MILLION families received WIC assistance.

WIC is intended to help pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5.

The following foods are available to assisted families:

Frequently Asked Questions

Common sense and personal responsibility dictates that you do NOT have children when you can't afford the most basic necessities, such as food. We're not talking hi-tech nurseries, the lastest stroller, or name-brand diapers. We're talking FOOD!!

Someone, anyone tell me: How can 8.9 million people (men and women) be so amazingly irresponsible to bring children in the world and then have to immediately get in line for FOOD assistance??!

Abortion is not the answer either, for the obtuse who might spew pro-abortion tripe. We're talking about NOT creating the child in the first place.

This is the height of Personal Irresponsibility in America. And it's disgusting!
People are people, they behave the way they do, regardless of what you think of it. Like it or not, humans and life in general are not perfect...

Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Sheesh. You must be. A thread couldn't keep my attention long enough...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

There are meds for ADD....

Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
People are people, they behave the way they do, regardless of what you think of it. Like it or not, humans and life in general are not perfect...
---------------------------------------------------------------------

They are. Just don't ask me to fund them, or be responsible for any of their indiscretions.
Pop out as many kids as you want. I'm not paying for them, nor am I taking any responsibility for the environmental damage they cause.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------

They are. Just don't ask me to fund them, or be responsible for any of their indiscretions.
Pop out as many kids as you want. I'm not paying for them, nor am I taking any responsibility for the environmental damage they cause.
Well, I guess you are paying for it via taxes And there is nothing you can do about it.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Lightbulb If A Family Requires WIC Assistance, Then They Shouldn't Have Children. Period.

Agreed.

Question...

Why does the right wing oppose all measures that would minimize this issue?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, I guess you are paying for it via taxes And there is nothing you can do about it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been paying for it with my taxes, but not for long. There is a LOT I can do about it. The easiest is to set myself up as to appear financially destitute, i.e. have no assets in my name (and off-shore). Piece of cake. I guess then you and others can pick up the slack, and pay for the socially and economically irresponsibles.... Enjoy!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:42 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Stop crying and trying to dictate how people should live. Thank you.
If their living didn't suck money out of my bank account, no problem. Once their life infringes on MY livelihood, I think I have a say in how they live that life.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:16 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Bad parents won't feed their kids no matter how much money they get.

That's a fact!

Proof of that is the fact that schools have breakfast and lunch programs for those who "qualify". What the hell are food stamps paying for?
This thread isn't about food stamps. It's about WIC. We're not talking about school-age children. We're discussing infants and children younger than school-age.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:32 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
This is for the so-called religious folk out there who in other threads feel that good, Christian values should be a part of our law making process in this country:

Quote:
Deuteronomy 15:7-11 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’
In other words. The government shouldn't have to take it from you......you should be giving it already. Right?

Quote:
Proverbs 28:27 Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.
Quote:
James 2:14-24 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. ...
Quote:
Acts 20:35 ESV In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
I am expecting responses such as "Thou shalt not steal and the government is stealing my tax money for this" or "I give already by choice. Why take more". The point is not that you do it already or that the Government is "taking your money" but that based on your scripture Jesus would probably post in this forum "Me people (me being Jesus Christ making the phrase Jesus Christ people......I figured I would spell that out). Haven't any of your read the Bible? You are supposed to help those that need help. If you cut out this program those that actually need help and are effected by extenuating circumstances will be left out in the cold as well."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies