Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Well said.

What many liberals don't understand is that conservatism is about taking personal responsibility where as liberalism is about everybody else taking responsibility for them.

Yes, if liberals believed in accountability as a general lifestyle and a way of life, we would not need these questions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 PM

419 posts, read 365,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It means that roughly half of all-abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, thereby meaning that abortion is being used as a method of birth control by thousands of women every year.

That's what consequence-free sex is. Reckless Abandon magnified by Leftist Enablers (ie. Democrats and Liberals).
Awesome. That means I can have all the consequence-free sex until I pass out.

So these woman get multiple abortions. What is the problem again? I'm not so sure I understand.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
This thread is about politics, not religion. The OP is trash talking liberals for supporting consequence free sex and celebrating immorality.

Before we go condemning all liberals with a such broad brush, let's see how honest and committed conservatives are about THEIR sex lives.

I'm guessing not very.
Conservatives have sex lives???

Ya know, using only the missionary position, grunting twice and falling asleep don't make a "sex life"....

Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Please do mention entitlements, but please don't start on moral stuff. Broken entitlements affect all, consequence-free sex affects none, and I don't care if someone wants to have consequence-free sex, whatever that means.

When GOP starts talking fiscal issues, I start nodding my head, and then suddenly is it God, Bible, abortion, contraception, condoms and whatnot, which starts to annoy me. The Constitution gives the government the authority to reign in fiscal stuff and I am all for winding down the welfare state, but why must it be automatically mixed in with a dash of Bible-thumping? That's the part I hate.

Please don't bring up social conservative wackiness. That is what gets us GOP labelled as right-wing nutjobs and hypocrites, not for saying that we should live within our means.

Crude reminders for you to emphasize that Republicans have no right to talk about social conservatism:
  • Frontrunner and social conservative figure-head Santorum's wife had a late-term abortion.
  • Moonbat Newt screwed, married and divorced pretty much every woman he ever met.
  • "Pro-life" neocons bomb the hell out of dozens of brown people everyday, in the name of spreading "democracy".
  • "Family values" Republican politicians regularly get caught with their pants down.
Abolish the welfare state and handouts, but please do legalize marijuana, gay marriage, polygamy, orgies or whatever it is that gets the "family values" people's goat. As long as it's between consenting adults, regulating sex in any shape or form is not the government's business.

See, I am the real small government guy - get the government out of my wallet and out of my bedroom.
Your entire post is riddled with fallacies. So much so, I don't even know where to start.

1) There are no Liberal/Democratic Christians? And if there are any, they don't agree with the "bible thumping?" Do they worship a different Jesus?

2) To assert that the GOP is the party of "family values" is to assert that Democrats are NOT the party of family values. Since you try to come off as some sort of conservative titan, you should tell us if this is what you really believe.

3) Santorum and Gingrich represent the everyday average conservative in America? That you would use them to describe American conservatism is very disingenuous of you.

4) Democrats didn't support "bombing the hell out of brown people" in the name of Democracy? Do you have any data to support your assertion? Or does this fit into the general notion that Democrats are not pro-life, therefore blowing people up sits well with their ideology?

You see, it's not as black and white as you make it out to be....especially when you try to remove religion from the American value system.

Perhaps you should become a liberal? You sound like you're well on your way.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
Liberalism has the people's best interest in mind, not necessarily the nation's economy. I guess it is something each individual has to measure and see where their bright-line is.

Wrong. Individualism is part of the problem...as a country, we need to focus on the good of the whole!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,115,039 times
Being Pro Choice and being
Quote:
perfectly OK with consequence-free sex (ie. Abortions)
are two completely different things. Don't confuse the two.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:04 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
Awesome. That means I can have all the consequence-free sex until I pass out.

So these woman get multiple abortions. What is the problem again? I'm not so sure I understand.
Your ideals represent the very reason that America is circling the drain.

Unfortunately, you don't understand that.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:07 PM

419 posts, read 365,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Your ideals represent the very reason that America is circling the drain.

Unfortunatley, you don't understand that.
Some people would say the same about you, but you don't see me pointing that out. Keep it moving.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It means guys can stick it wherever they want and never think about it again if they are religious conservative republicans too.
Did you manage to ignore the fact that someone has to provide a place for those guys to "stick it"? It appears to me that that one works both directions and only one side has to pay for the lack of thinking of both.

Maybe you should watch the video of that "hearing" some Democrats from the real committee held the other day to give Fluke a stage to perform on.

Women's Health and Contraception - C-SPAN Video Library

Old 03-06-2012, 03:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
to be fair i dont think its the party dem or GOP--- they still both debt and war like crazy.
only man i see talking about stopping the crazy is ron paul
wana stop it? levy a war and debt tax tomarrow and it all will go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies