Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:49 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Please do mention entitlements, but please don't start on moral stuff. Broken entitlements affect all, consequence-free sex affects none, and I don't care if someone wants to have consequence-free sex, whatever that means.

When GOP starts talking fiscal issues, I start nodding my head, and then suddenly is it God, Bible, abortion, contraception, condoms and whatnot, which starts to annoy me. The Constitution gives the government the authority to reign in fiscal stuff and I am all for winding down the welfare state, but why must it be automatically mixed in with a dash of Bible-thumping? That's the part I hate.

Please don't bring up social conservative wackiness. That is what gets us GOP labelled as right-wing nutjobs and hypocrites, not for saying that we should live within our means.

Crude reminders for you to emphasize that Republicans have no right to talk about social conservatism:
  • Frontrunner and social conservative figure-head Santorum's wife had a late-term abortion.
  • Moonbat Newt screwed, married and divorced pretty much every woman he ever met.
  • "Pro-life" neocons bomb the hell out of dozens of brown people everyday, in the name of spreading "democracy".
  • "Family values" Republican politicians regularly get caught with their pants down.
Abolish the welfare state and handouts, but please do legalize marijuana, gay marriage, polygamy, orgies or whatever it is that gets the "family values" people's goat. As long as it's between consenting adults, regulating sex in any shape or form is not the government's business.

See, I am the real small government guy - get the government out of my wallet and out of my bedroom.
If you ran for President, I would vote for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
consequence-free sex? What does that even mean?
People do deal with the consequences, it's just that others don't like the fact that they can.

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Well said.

What many liberals don't understand is that conservatism is about taking personal responsibility where as liberalism is about everybody else taking responsibility for them.

..Except abortion and contraceptives are very responsible personal choices.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:51 PM

419 posts, read 365,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People do deal with the consequences, it's just that others don't like the fact that they can.
I'm looking for a straight forward meaning. So I can see if I have consequence-free sex.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:52 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
consequence-free sex? What does that even mean?
It means that roughly half of all-abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, thereby meaning that abortion is being used as a method of birth control by thousands of women every year.

That's what consequence-free sex is. Reckless Abandon magnified by Leftist Enablers (ie. Democrats and Liberals).

Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,960 times
(Yawn). Reprimanding people for having too many kids they can't afford and going on welfare, then reprimanding people for not having kids. Can anyone explain this in a cogent manner?

Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is there any reason under the sun to believe that Liberals and Liberalism have the nation's best interests in mind when indeed these very same Liberals are perfectly OK with consequence-free sex (ie. Abortions) and will fight to the death anytime entitlement reforms are even mentioned?

Why should we believe that Liberals and Democrats have anything other than their own self-interests in mind when the roster of ideals embraced by the left are not much more than a Free Love For All, No Matter The Cost, No Matter The Consequenceâ„¢ political theory?

The United States of America is broke - fiscally, morally, and culturally. And Liberals celebrate this. Just take a look around this forum and elsewhere and pay particular attention to the issues they fight for.

Personal Responsibility is non-existent in the Liberal Establishment. And if it's legal, then it's moral. These two ideals form the foundation of Liberalism in America.

When can we expect Liberals to actually show love, honor, and courage for the United States of America that doesn't involve breaking our collective backs?
Marry me.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:54 PM

308 posts, read 517,941 times
Liberalism has the people's best interest in mind, not necessarily the nation's economy. I guess it is something each individual has to measure and see where their bright-line is.

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It means that roughly half of all-abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, thereby meaning that abortion is being used as a method of birth control by thousands of women every year.

That's what consequence-free sex is. Reckless Abandon magnified by Leftist Enablers (ie. Democrats and Liberals).
It means guys can stick it wherever they want and never think about it again if they are religious conservative republicans too.

2,162 posts, read 3,366,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
How many conservatives here remained chaste until they married?

Come on...fess up. How many of you conservative, family values voters availed yourself of free love before you got married?

Well, as a Conservative who is employing this rule NOW, I can only say that I came late to the game. But I am dating, leading towards marriage, and we have agreed to wait.

Some of us do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies