Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm...

I looked at the first "scowly" photo and saw a busy mother thinking, "Those girls better be upstairs doing their homework."

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-02-2012 at 11:36 AM..

Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Isn't this an opinion forum! or for those who disagree with a post, not so much, not for debate. What the hek does it matter, if someone feels she is angry or not. I have a really good blak girlfriend, who also feels that Michelle is angry, what i feel does not matter.

Personally she has a very pronounced jaw structure, that may be the reason or not.

Every single person's perception of another person, will not be the same. So she is the frist lady, people are still entitled to their opinion of her, without themselves being attacked, for an opinion.
People still make so much fun of a former President, but the first lady, is off limits~ opinions people, that is all it is.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

Now, all of a sudden Michelle is a angry black woman.
All of the sudden? This lady has been angry for decades.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:34 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I think "angry black woman" is the buzz word du jour. It was written and discussed else where and someone found a new phrase to say.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think "angry black woman" is the buzz word du jour. It was written and discussed else where and someone found a new phrase to say.
It is not a new term. It has been around for decades. But you wouldn't know that by the number of posters on this forum who see the word "black" and automatically assume it comes from racist depth of mind that us conservatives purportedly have.

The joke is on the ignorant and ill-informed.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:38 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Isn't this an opinion forum! or for those who disagree with a post, not so much, not for debate. What the hek does it matter, if someone feels she is angry or not. I have a really good blak girlfriend, who also feels that Michelle is angry, what i feel does not matter.

Personally she has a very pronounced jaw structure, that may be the reason or not.

Every single person's perception of another person, will not be the same. So she is the frist lady, people are still entitled to their opinion of her, without themselves being attacked, for an opinion.
People still make so much fun of a former President, but the first lady, is off limits~ opinions people, that is all it is.
Wow. Do you really think that all the disgusting, over-the-top comments, nasty, nasty comments, the posting of pictures of gorillas, etc. are just people expressing their opinions?

It goes way beyond "opinion" to me - it is more like some kind of pathological hatred that goes much deeper than "opinion." Racist? Absolutely, at least in a majority of the cases. There may be other reasons to hate Mrs. Obama - although I still can't imagine how the hatred for a first lady can go so deep if it isn't racist - but I'm not sure what they are.

Opinion? No. Unreasonable, baseless, disgusting, obscene hatred? Yes.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:39 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It is not a new term. It has been around for decades. But you wouldn't know that by the number of posters on this forum who see the word "black" and automatically assume it comes from racist depth of mind that us conservatives purportedly have.

The joke is on the ignorant and ill-informed.
I know...but you started using it a few minutes ago... Made a whole unnecessary thread to highlight it. This isn't a controversy or a political issue, it's you .

Old 03-02-2012, 11:44 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
The same posters that are so horrified that something negative was said about mooshell, are the exact posters who say that Sarah Palin should just die. Useful idiots are the BIGGEST hypocrites that ever walked the Earth.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The same posters that are so horrified that something negative was said about mooshell, are the exact posters who say that Sarah Palin should just die. Useful idiots are the BIGGEST hypocrites that ever walked the Earth.
Who are those posters? Aren't you the same person who thinks sexual jokes about dead mothers are funny?

Quote:
Useful idiots are the BIGGEST hypocrites that ever walked the Earth.
They sure are

Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,800 times
Quote:
Yes, you have proved as much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies