Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Well....who didn't know this would happen? this was expected, predicted and warned against. This is the reason why the dems/obama back loaded the law in terms of cost. There are many that said this disaster would cost $2 Trillion+ when all is said and done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,342,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
What example do you have that UHC is going to lower cost or make things more affordable?

Medicare? Medicaid? Another country equal in size that has implemented UHC and made it successful?
As I said in my post, healthcare will become more expensive whether or not Obamacare comes to fruition.

The only country that comes close to America in population is Indonesia, (population about 240 million) which happens to be one of the poorest countries on Earth. To compare healthcare systems between the two would be redundant because of this fact.

Russia (population 143 million. Roughly half of America's) provides universal healthcare to all of it's citizens. And it does so despite the fact that Russians are multiple times as unhealthy as Americans and that Russia has only one third of America's gdp per capita.

China, which has a population that is more than four times America's, and is countless times more poor, is implementing a healthcare reform that will give all of it's citizens access to a hospital that will not bankrupt them. Universal healthcare is within reach|Comment|chinadaily.com.cn

Universal healthcare will come to America and it is long overdue. Those who oppose such a system will just have to get over it because it is inhuman to deny someone healthcare because they cannot pay!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:29 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
As I said in my post, healthcare will become more expensive whether or not Obamacare comes to fruition.

The only country that comes close to America in population is Indonesia, (population about 240 million) which happens to be one of the poorest countries on Earth. To compare healthcare systems between the two would be redundant because of this fact.

Russia (population 143 million. Roughly half of America's) provides universal healthcare to all of it's citizens. And it does so despite the fact that Russians are multiple times as unhealthy as Americans and that Russia has only one third of America's gdp per capita.

China, which has a population that is more than four times America's, and is countless times more poor, is implementing a healthcare reform that will give all of it's citizens access to a hospital that will not bankrupt them. Universal healthcare is within reach|Comment|chinadaily.com.cn

Universal healthcare will come to America and it is long overdue. Those who oppose such a system will just have to get over it because it is inhuman to deny someone healthcare because they cannot pay!
Do you suppose there is a correlation with the average Russians lack of health and their government run healthcare system?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Do you suppose there is a correlation with the average Russians lack of health and their government run healthcare system?
No. I reckon the lower life expectancy in Russia is caused by their excessive alcoholism, sky high homicide rate, obesity, smoking, and traffic accidents.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
For instance, cardiovascular disease causes half of Russian deaths. This would be so easily prevented if Russians led a healthier lifestyle. The healthcare system of Russia has nothing to do with it.

Russia has followed a very unique transition with regard to life expectancy. Read this for more info.

Healthcare in Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Of course you won't hear about it...because it's a lie.

Here is the report. Please tell where says anything close to what the Washington Examiner is saying?

You're too lazy to even research this for yourselves.

No wonder you vote GOP.

http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/c...0Estimates.pdf

Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
From the CBO report....$50 Billion less than last years estimate.

CBO and JCT now estimate that the insurance coverage provisions of the ACA will have a net cost of just under $1.1 trillion over the 2012–2021 period—about $50 billion less than the agencies’ March 2011 estimate for that 10-year period

That's from the link provided by the Washington Examiner. I guess they count on their readers being too stupid and lazy to read go to the source.....LOL

Old 03-13-2012, 11:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Great. Where can I see the Republican plan to address healthcare costs? Is there a link?
They have no plans for anything, they just want to rip down whatever Obama does.

We could take care of education and health if we'd end these stupid and disastrous wars.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
You missed the point altogether. Nobody argues against a need to reform. The part that is saddening is that he lied and covered up the cost, bought votes in which those same actions would put you and I in jail. The really sad part is that this moron engages in the same deceitful behavior that brought on the great revision and the moonbats still swallow his BS hook line and sinker because he takes from others to give to them.
And you have credible links to confirm your assertions.
You're going to provide them, right.
Because I don't really believe you.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
The only way to drive down health care costs is by outsourcing healthcare like everything else. Have your hip replacement done in India or China for 10% of what hospitals charge here. The insurers would save so much they might throw in a "free vacation" in the country too, as a bonus! Compared to what US hospitals charge, the airfare, even at a couple of grand, would be cheap. No more million dollar-a-year physicians. Hospitals would have to become like Walmart to compete with overseas costs. Columbia Presbyterian , home of the $199.95 Colonoscopy! Who needs ObamyCare when you can have SwamiCare with a 90% cost reduction.
Not that you care, and not that it matters, I get most of my healthcare taken care of in Thailand. I have a dentist and doctor that I've been going to for years.
I get better care much cheaper than in the US, no insurance company (BC/BS) reimbursing me $5 for a broken foot when I pay pretty high premiums for services that I'm either afraid to use or are not covered, or required to pay almost full price for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies