Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:03 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
i'm not seeing this in sarenes video, maybe you could come up with a better video to support sanrenes claim that President Obama's campaign is attacking Mrs Palin
I can't believe I actually have to explain this.

Obama is using Palin's criticism of him in an ad that is asking for donations to his campaign....saying that Sarah Palin and Far Right say that Obama will bring back racial discrimination. Anyone will an ounce of insight into what Obama says and does can see that Obama says and does, does, indeed, foster and "us against them" mentality.

As I said in my earlier post, Obama is cornered by his (further) bungling of all the issues and must resort to deflecting attention to (and demonizing) someone like Sarah Palin. It is pathetic that he has no positive campaign talking points to feature in his campaign ads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Feeble - as in:

1) we got kicked out of Iraq
2) the Taliban are seen as getting the upper hand in Afghanistan
3) our economy can't find it's legs and we just borrowed another $5 trillion more in debt
4) we cannot seem to create enough jobs; unemployment stats are at an historic 50 year high
5) we have to beg the Russians to get astronauts into space
6) we can't seem to pass a federal budget or decide upon a tax policy that lasts more then two years
7) Gasoline prices are $5/gal, and we are so desperate our only answer is a $10,000 tax rebate for a failed electric car
8) Our housing foreclosures are at record highs
9) ...and with all this going on, our politicians and media are worried whether or not women NEED free contraception, and our president fears Sarah Palin might cause him to lose his reelection
Do you even know the meaning of feeble?

The most feeble thing in this entire thread is the thought Palin is actually responding to some imagined attacks on her, the strongest (FYI: that's the opposite of feeble) is the smell of the BS allegation that Obama's attacking her.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
I think this is an accurate description of what happened, and why.

Ms Palin is rather guilty of hyperbole in calling herself the "enemy of the week".

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...vs-palin-2012/

Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Ms Palin is rather guilty of hyperbole in calling herself the "enemy of the week". http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...vs-palin-2012/
Not to mention delusions of grandeur and and an exaggerated sense of importance

Old 03-14-2012, 08:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

Obama is using Palin's criticism of him in an ad that is asking for donations to his campaign....saying that Sarah Palin and Far Right say that Obama will bring back racial discrimination. Anyone will an ounce of insight into what Obama says and does can see that Obama says and does, does, indeed, foster and "us against them" mentality.

As I said in my earlier post, Obama is cornered by his (further) bungling of all the issues and must resort to deflecting attention to (and demonizing) someone like Sarah Palin. It is pathetic that he has no positive campaign talking points to feature in his campaign ads.
WHERE is this alleged AD?!?!

WHERE?

WHO sponsored/made it/posted it????

Old 03-14-2012, 08:33 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Feeble - as in:

1) we got kicked out of Iraq
2) the Taliban are seen as getting the upper hand in Afghanistan
3) our economy can't find it's legs and we just borrowed another $5 trillion more in debt
4) we cannot seem to create enough jobs; unemployment stats are at an historic 50 year high
5) we have to beg the Russians to get astronauts into space
6) we can't seem to pass a federal budget or decide upon a tax policy that lasts more then two years
7) Gasoline prices are $5/gal, and we are so desperate our only answer is a $10,000 tax rebate for a failed electric car
8) Our housing foreclosures are at record highs
9) ...and with all this going on, our politicians and media are worried whether or not women NEED free contraception, and our president fears Sarah Palin might cause him to lose his reelection
You need to fire your fact checker.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:38 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Ms Palin is rather guilty of hyperbole in calling herself the "enemy of the week".

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...vs-palin-2012/
Very good explanation of it all.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really, then why is it righties keep posting threads about her here? Heck this is not even the only thread started about her by righties in the last couple of days. Obsessing over Palin is strictly a rightie thing, the rest of America would be fine if she fadded away, but hey, I have to admit she is entertaining, to a point, and that is what she is, an entertainer and nothing more.

I'll go real slow by the numbers again.

1. The OP is a "righty". Yes, you are correct.

2. The OP posted an article about lefties (specifically the Obama campaign) attacking a woman who isn't running for any office and who hasn't been relevant for nearly 4 years. Can you at least try to wrap your head around that?

Your rock star savior is campaigning against a woman who is not running for ANY office ANY where.

The thread isn't about Palin, it's about Obama.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

We must be living in differing realities if you show me a video of Palin trashing Obama and claim it to be Obama trashing Palin, If thats the premise of this topic i think the whole topic is a total waste of time, other than showing just how dysfunctional rightwing logic can get as Obama never said a word in either video and i've yet to see the ads from Obama attacking Palin.
Time to sign out of this nutbar fest

Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
WHERE is this alleged AD?!?!

WHERE?

WHO sponsored/made it/posted it????
Oh, the ad did happen, and it was created by the Obama admin to fundraise.

Of course, this is an easy one, since anyone with a brain hates the idiot, and her claim that Obama wants to take us back to the days when Obama would be a slave is especially stupid, even for her.

Basically, it's a reply to Andrew Breitbart's blatantly racist attacks, using Palin since she's a face that people actually recognize, while most people have no idea who Breitbart or his pack of jackals are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies