Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
WHERE is this alleged AD?!?!

WHERE?

WHO sponsored/made it/posted it????
Click on the links in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
We must be living in differing realities if you show me a video of Palin trashing Obama and claim it to be Obama trashing Palin, If thats the premise of this topic i think the whole topic is a total waste of time, other than showing just how dysfunctional rightwing logic can get as Obama never said a word in either video and i've yet to see the ads from Obama attacking Palin.
Time to sign out of this nutbar fest
1. I didn't post the video. The OP posted it.
2. The video is a campaign ad of Obama's soliciting funds.
3. It's not my fault if you don't understand the concept of a "backhanded attack".

Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I'll go real slow by the numbers again.

1. The OP is a "righty". Yes, you are correct.

2. The OP posted an article about lefties (specifically the Obama campaign) attacking a woman who isn't running for any office and who hasn't been relevant for nearly 4 years. Can you at least try to wrap your head around that?

Your rock star savior is campaigning against a woman who is not running for ANY office ANY where.

The thread isn't about Palin, it's about Obama.
Oooh, let's go real slow

1. Palin goes on Fox News and makes some sweeping attacks on the President

2. The Obama campaign defends Obama against the attacks, very mildly

3. Palin takes that defense, turns it all about her ("enemy of the week"?), in an effort to inject herself into the discussion.

4. Obama isn't "campaigning against a woman who is not running for office", he's defending himself against a woman who continually writes columns, uses social media, and appears on television and radio to put forth her political opinions.

The thread is just as much about Palin as it is about Obama. I believe the thread title gives them equal time.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oooh, let's go real slow

3. Palin takes that defense, turns it all about her ("enemy of the week"?), in an effort to inject herself into the discussion.

4. Obama isn't "campaigning against a woman who is not running for office", he's defending himself against a woman who continually writes columns, uses social media, and appears on television and radio to put forth her political opinions.

The thread is just as much about Palin as it is about Obama. I believe the thread title gives them equal time.
Re: #4 - the video is a solicitation for donations to Obama's reelection campaign.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:59 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I don't understand internet, forum lingo? What does 'OP' mean? And breitbart is not 'left' or is it?
OP means Original Poster.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:00 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I can't believe I actually have to explain this.

Obama is using Palin's criticism of him in an ad that is asking for donations to his campaign....saying that Sarah Palin and Far Right say that Obama will bring back racial discrimination. Anyone will an ounce of insight into what Obama says and does can see that Obama says and does, does, indeed, foster and "us against them" mentality.

As I said in my earlier post, Obama is cornered by his (further) bungling of all the issues and must resort to deflecting attention to (and demonizing) someone like Sarah Palin. It is pathetic that he has no positive campaign talking points to feature in his campaign ads.
It's the...
REPUBLICAN ALTERNATE REALITY:

Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
Quote:
The far Left continues to believe American voters are not smart enough to grasp the diversionary tactics it employs to distract us from the issues our President just doesn’t want to talk about – issues that affect us all every day and must be addressed.
Well, they're not smart enough to think much about anything.

Sincerely,
The Left

Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,554,984 times
Quote:
[url="http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150612033023435"]Let’s Talk About the Real Issues, Mr. President
.by Sarah Palin on Monday, March 12, 2012 at 6:41pm
Really? You used a Sarah Palin advertisement decrying an ad made in 2008, and because she writes the article four years later, you believe he's made another?

Are you seriously THAT gullible? I am so sorry if that is true.

Here's a test for you to perform at home.

Go to a search engine, like Google. Type in "Obama Campaign Advert" (no quotes) and limit the results to 2012. When the results come up, press (at the same time) the keys: Ctrl and F. A find field will pop up on your browser window. In there, type "Palin"

If you've followed the instructions correctly, you will not find any results.

President Obama has better uses for his time, and they don't include Sarah Palin. She, on the other hand, seems to have very little to occupy herself with, other than herself.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oooh, let's go real slow

Thank you!
I do not have to wonder why I couldn't get that factual, accurate , sensible answer from any Righty.....

Palin does have that victim mentality...a very weak person who canNOT handle a rebuttal/difference of opinion/opposing view without whining like a Righty.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,902 times
Here's to sending Palin and Obama to the moon. The two biggest political a s s e s this country ever seen. Embarrasement to both parties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies