Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
I'm saying that minorities and old people are lot less likely to be able to afford or obtain ID crap.
Within your own thread in the Pa forum which you have conveniently ignored it was already explained to you that the cost of the ID is $0 if you don't already have one, why are you continuing to spread this false information? As I also mentioned an ID issued by an elderly care home/retirement home will also be valid, governent ID, student ID, etc. My Grandmother of 93 years old had a valid driver license just until recently although she didn't drive for 30 years and now has valid state issued ID.

Besides the issue of getting one how can you possibly live in this society without some form of ID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 02:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Within your own thread in the Pa forum which you have conveniently ignored it was already explained to you that the cost of the ID is $0 if you don't already have one, why are you continuing to spread this false information? As I also mentioned an ID issued by an elderly care home/retirement home will also be valid, governent ID, student ID, etc. My Grandmother of 93 years old had a valid driver license just until recently although she didn't drive for 30 years and now has valid state issued ID.

Besides the issue of getting one how can you possibly live in this society without some form of ID?
The irony is the Left/dems claim the voter can't go out and get an ID...but somehow they can find a way to make it to the voting booth on election day.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
So why does your location say you live in England?
Because I'm on vacation in England. I live in south-central PA, which McCain landslided Obama in, so don't tell me about PA Republicans preventing me from voting . Nothing wrong with having picture ID, it's not a deterrent to voting, you obviously swallow HuffPo kool-aid just like everyone else at Temple, Happy Valley, and University City

Old 03-17-2012, 12:04 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,919,106 times
It should be tried first in a low-turnout election, not in a Presidential election where problems will be magnified by the high turnout.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
It should be tried first in a low-turnout election, not in a Presidential election where problems will be magnified by the high turnout.
It is mostly. WI tried it in their most recent election. So will PA.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:07 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Oh great. Now all of the non-white minorities and old people will be barred from voting and Republicans will take over Pennyslvania and turn into a theocracy. All of these voter ID laws benefit Republicans. If you really think this is a good thing you need to get your head checked.
Yup, cuz everyone knows - only white folk have sense enough to get an ID card

If there was only one white guy in all of PA, he'd be the onlyone voting.... apparently

Old 03-17-2012, 04:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No, they won't. Voter ID laws have been ruled constitutional by the US Supreme Court. Crawford v. Marion County Election Board.

The DOJ used the preclearance requirements of the Voting Rights Act, which PA is not subject to, to stop the TX law from going into effect.
The Indiana ID law was ruled constitutional. That doesn't mean any state can pass any cockamamie ID law it wants.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:45 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Why don't you 'basement kitty's' go away now?

You keep using the same old .. Everyone's Right to vote mantra when it has been shown to you that It's a False premise!

It is NOT everyone's Right to vote!

It is ONLY your Right IF the STATE says that it is and That means .. Meeting any and ALL requirements that the State requests!

BTW: It was YOUR LIBERAL PRESIDENT .. JIMMY CARTER who FIRST said that everyone should have a photo ID when they come to the polls!
Interesting, would states have the right to run ALL voters through an education test when they register to vote ?

Old 03-17-2012, 05:12 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

Excellent post!

Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The irony is the Left/dems claim the voter can't go out and get an ID...but somehow they can find a way to make it to the voting booth on election day.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies