Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Russian devil?! You are somehow stuck in the past it seems. Russia is not more of a devil then the US is. Both are countries ruthlessly ignoring other countries' interests.
Ignoring other countries' interests? We just heard Barack Obama kowtowing to Russia.......whose interests are he protecting exactly? It certainly doesn't sound like he's standing up for US interests!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nothing about it confuses me. I wanted to hear you come forth and proclaim that you support every aspect of Barack Obama's agenda....even if that means making a deal with the Russian Devil.
Sorry to disappoint you, since I do not support every aspect of his agenda. But we have always made deals with the Russians. Even our most conservative right-wing presidents have done so.

Reagan negotiated the INF treaty and set the foundation for START. Nixon gave us SALT I.

To not make deals is both stupid and self destructive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
I always knew that Democrats were pacifists.
LOL... Are you actually encouraging war with the Russians? While I am not and never have been a pacifist, I find such gleeful anticipation of potential Armageddon a little bit... insane.

Don't you?

Quote:
Thank you for wholeheartedly confirming that you never intend to question Barack Obama's policies.
Why do you even bother to write such stupid stuff. Certainly you can't imagine it actually deceives anybody.

It is always fascinating to plumb the intellectual and integral bankruptcy of the fringe right-wing. You are one of the poster boys.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Ignoring other countries' interests? We just heard Barack Obama kowtowing to Russia.......whose interests are he protecting exactly? It certainly doesn't sound like he's standing up for US interests!
To you it seems anyone not bullying someone else is kowtowing them.
The planned missile defense shield was a flawed project from the very start. And now the West doesn't know how to backpedal without loosing face.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
He still won't have the authority to do anything without the approval of the Congress.
To the extent that this is true, it is true of all presidents regardless of what term they are serving. As far as observations of the painfully obvious go, you can put that one at the top of the list.

To the extent that this is not true, Presidents have always found greater latitude of action in their ultimate term than in their initial term for exactly the reasons we've discussed here. The executive branch actually does have powers you know. And a 2nd term President has far greater leeway to use them

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock
Barry will be a "lame duck" and ignored from Day 1. He will have sit in the corner with a grape soda and sign what the Congress sends him.
I'm sure that is one of your recurring wet dreams. But when they turn to nightmares you know better.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
He speaks as if his selection process is already in the bag, and that he has to biden his time before the next phase of destruction begins.
If that was true, why would he even have said asked that?

I swear, MD. About 80% of the time what you write is completely detached from the details.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, since I do not support every aspect of his agenda. But we have always made deals with the Russians. Even our most conservative right-wing presidents have done so.

Reagan negotiated the INF treaty and set the foundation for START. Nixon gave us SALT I.

To not make deals is both stupid and self destructive.

LOL... Are you actually encouraging war with the Russians? While I am not and never have been a pacifist, I find such gleeful anticipation of potential Armageddon a little bit... insane.

Don't you?

Why do you even bother to write such stupid stuff. Certainly you can't imagine it actually deceives anybody.

It is always fascinating to plumb the intellectual and integral bankruptcy of the fringe right-wing. You are one of the poster boys.
You should re-read your post. Everything in this write-up is a pre-disposed approval of Barack Obama's Agenda.....especially as it pertains to making a deal with Russia on a program you opine (without evidence) that is flawed. You have rubber stamped his policy without even realizing it.

De facto approval. You don't see it do you? Do I need to point it out? Or did you do that on purpose?

Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
If that was true, why would he even have said asked that?

I swear, MD. About 80% of the time what you write is completely detached from the details.
Ask your leader, why he said what he said.

He can be de-selected if the tide changes. ie. Kennedy being replaced by Johnson.

One thing about Puppets in D.C., there's always another to take the place of one that gets burned.

Read your History. You know it's true.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I suppose he meant that now before the election he has to play the tough, nationalist guy in order to appeal to the voting mob back home (the same thing Putin and many other leaders do before elections by the way).
After the election he can negotiate a solution with the Russians, who are in my opinion right when they consider NATO's missile defense plans unacceptable.
It's a shame to say,but the Russians have got their heads on a hell of a lot straighter than the rest of the world right now as far as saying NO...Obama MAY have been aluding to the AIPAC mess too....Russia is putting their foot down on the Iran attack plan if the U.S. gets involved..it is BIG News on RT of late...maybe Obama is wanting elbow room to deal with that situation.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You should re-read your post.
I have. It was actually completely neutral regarding the President's agenda. Once again your response demonstrates that you live in an alternate reality suffused with imaginary things that are not there.

You asked a question. I answered it. And then you ran off into left field wailing and gnashing your teeth. All the time, the play was at first base.

Quote:
Everything in this write-up is a pre-disposed approval of Barack Obama's Agenda.....especially as it pertains to making a deal with Russia on a program you opine (without evidence) that is flawed. You have rubber stamped his policy without even realizing it.
One simply must be high on drugs to draw such a conclusion. You are also, by the way, confusing my comments with that of a completely different person.

Leave it to you to screw up even the simple things like that.

That said... I am fully in support of negotiating additional arms reductions with the Russians, no matter who the President is. I supported it under Reagan and Nixon, and I'll support it under Obama.

Quote:
De facto approval. You don't see it do you? Do I need to point it out? Sounds like it.
I see only your frantic attempt to spin a response that you otherwise want desperately to ignore. What I wrote was completely neutral and completely true, and you seem incapable of handling that. So instead you set up irrelevant straw men that frankly have nothing to do with the discussion.

What about that works for you?

Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Ask your leader, why he said what he said.
Anybody with more than a brain stem knows why he said it. Except perhaps you and Aero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf
He can be de-selected if the tide changes. ie. Kennedy being replaced by Johnson.
There you go again, embracing the insanity of conspiracy theories rather than prosaic reality. It is among the traits that make your life so hard and you so personally unhappy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies