Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Actually... not true. I certainly have been a staunch anti-Birther, and I know that you are not capable of the intellectual subtlety that might distinguish that from blind support for Obama. And I certainly oppose almost every idea that comes from your keyboard, but that is simply because I do not share your prejudices. And that too is likely to confuse someone who thinks in the brute brush stokes that you do.

In point of fact I am a social liberal and a fiscal/defense conservative. I even voted for George W. Bush. It is a fairly classic American demographic, and the reason I am no longer a Republican since the party has abandoned social moderates and liberals completely. I have never, however, ever been a Democrat.

You have a classic filter that makes your understanding of the universe completely monochrome. Everything is a false dichotomy to you. And it cripples your ability to draw true conclusions.

That's okay. Reality is congenial to people like me. So I can afford to be generous in allowing you to wallow in your pointless effort to "label" me as the enemy. It really makes no difference in the long run.

I am content with the circumstances.
Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. What this shows is that once again you believe that everything you utter on this forum is not up for debate....that those that disagree with you are ripe for personal attacks....and that you have earned some sort of plausible deniability because you've voted for a Republican before.

You don't get a free pass from being a typical liberal. You may try to run from it, but you can't. Your legacy on this forum speaks volumes. That's your fault, not mine.

As I said before, you can personally attack me. My skin is thick. But I think you should engage in a good bit of introspection. Being a "historian" is not a license to be a pompous ass with an angry outlook on eveyrone who disagrees.

PS...I notice you avoided Post #41. Ask me if i'm surprised. You're wrong, and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 12:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. What this shows is that once again you believe that everything you utter on this forum is not up for debate....that those that disagree with you are ripe for personal attacks....and that you have earned some sort of plausible deniability because you've voted for a Republican before.

You don't get a free pass from being a typical liberal. You may try to run from it, but you can't. Your legacy on this forum speaks volumes. That's your fault, not mine.

As I said before, you can personally attack me. My skin is thick. But I think you should engage in a good bit of introspection. Being a "historian" is not a license to be a pompous ass with an angry outlook on eveyrone who disagrees.

PS...I notice you avoided Post #41. Ask me if i'm surprised. You're wrong, and you know it.
I agree with you, and glad you have such a thick skin, some would ok any dubious acts on the part of the Messiah Obama.

Funny thing, Honest to God, we have a very famous Historian on my inlaw side, who has written many famous books. thousands, who is recognized the world over. He would agree with you.
If on this forum, you do not bow down to some, and agree with them, then it is all over! Obama has had an agenda from day one, and is keeping it going. He is such a pompas A-- who feels he can say or do anything without question.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times
never believe those with forked-tongues,
even if they believe each other.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What is any of that supposed to actually mean?

My posts stand for themselves. Your willful misrepresentations of those posts do as well. Your failure to respond even trivially to the substance of my posts and instead wasting all your energy in the effort to tag me with a label is as amusing as it is futile.

You are fooling no one, and no one is being fooled.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You know, I can proudly say I have never vote for a politician who openly announced on a microphone he intended to lie.
Ignoring that Obama did no such thing in this instance, this assertion merely makes it official. You would certainly be less of a dupe and a fool had you realized what you were actually doing.

While all of us demand that our politicians lie to us, only a painfully naive few actually don't realize it. That would apparently include you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby
I stand by my statement that only a fool or a dupe would do so.
And I stand by my statement that if you have ever voted at all, then by your own definition you are a dupe and a fool.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Only a dupe or a fool would give a pass to a politician who is so obviously dishonest.
Who should give a pass to someone who doesn't understand the meaning of 'begs'?

Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Ignoring that Obama did no such thing in this instance, this assertion merely makes it official. You would certainly be less of a dupe and a fool had you realized what you were actually doing.
Too funny, of course Obama was telling all the world (unwittingly) that he was going to tell the electorate one thing before the election and do another after the election. Of course dupes and fools wouldn't recognize this.

Quote:
While all of us demand that our politicians lie to us, only a painfully naive few actually don't realize it. That would apparently include you.

And I stand by my statement that if you have ever voted at all, then by your own definition you are a dupe and a fool.
Another foolish statement, no one demands politicians lie to them, some actually punish politicians that lie to them.

Nope, again only dupes and fools give politicians who lie to them, a pass.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
You know, I can proudly say I have never vote for a politician who openly announced on a microphone he intended to lie. I stand by my statement that only a fool or a dupe would do so.
Lies? You don't like lies?

How about the whopper in the title of this thread???

Obama never begged for anything...and NO one can prove that he did...

Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Who should give a pass to someone who doesn't understand the meaning of 'begs'?
Again, another Obama sycophant attempts to deflect the fact that he is dishonest. How sad.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Lies? You don't like lies?

How about the whopper in the title of this thread???

Obama never begged for anything...and NO one can prove that he did...
See above, the desperation is palpable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies