Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 03:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Should have been " Obama begs Russians for help with his re erection"

I think he gets one every time the communists come calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 04:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Clearly you... since nowhere in that exchange is the tiniest hint of any intention to lie to anybody on the issue.

We all accept the lies. But only the dupes and fools don't realize it.
Of course he is outlining the lie, even Medvedev gets it. Oh well, I suppose I should expect this to be a bitter truth for the sad little lefties. Ok I'll help you out, because I am a nice guy.

http://freebeacon.com/turner-to-obama-what-flexibility/

"Turner noted that during the December 2010 ratification debate over the New START arms treaty with Russia the president made specific promises that Russia’s opposition to U.S. missile defenses would not impact U.S. plans to deploy both short- and medium-range missile defenses in Europe and elsewhere."

I am certain this constitutes keeping a promise in the bizarro world those on the left inhabit.

Yes of course the lefties accept the lies. Those of us on the right punish liars.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So?

What he stated was a political and diplomatic fact......

hate facts???

What's the controversy????

"This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

BO was one Communist speaking to another, to a comrade of his. First thing I could think of upon reading this quote of his was, "God help us! Being what he is and talking to one of his peers, he could have been talking about one of the most radical and dangerous parts of his agenda!"

Yeah, he'll have more "flexibility" if he's re-elected to finish-off our Freedoms per his "Fundamental Transformation."

Old 03-26-2012, 04:51 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So?

What he stated was a political and diplomatic fact......

hate facts???

What's the controversy????
If you don't understand the implications it's pointless to engage any further.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Of course he is outlining the lie, even Medvedev gets it.
There is no hint of lie. There is no hint of an outline of a lie. There is only a discussion of timing.

Your apparent belief that you can read Medvedev's mind is merely noted with bemusement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby
"Turner noted that during the December 2010 ratification debate over the New START arms treaty with Russia the president made specific promises that Russia’s opposition to U.S. missile defenses would not impact U.S. plans to deploy both short- and medium-range missile defenses in Europe and elsewhere."
And there is no hint that those "specific promises" (whatever they might have been) will be broken. There is merely another right winger trying to make political hay with fake outrage and innuendo.

You'd think that those in favor of the anti-missile defenses might consider how skillfully he appears to (at least for now) be getting the Russians to back off their opposition. And further, supporters on both the right and left have suggested that the missile defenses be deployed cooperatively with the Russians, something that could just as well be Obama's ultimate goal.

The bottom line is that what Obama said was solid, pragmatic diplomacy, and those wringing their hands (not very convincingly I might add) have only wild and self serving speculation with which to justify their girlish vapors.

Quote:
I am certain this constitutes keeping a promise in the bizarro world those on the left inhabit.
Ignoring that you and I have no idea what the promises actually were, and since nothing has been done yet that can possibly have broken them... actually yes. It does constitute exactly that.

Quote:
Yes of course the lefties accept the lies. Those of us on the right punish liars.
Those on both the right and left accept the lies. And those on both the right and left who are not dupes and fools know it.

Only the dupes and fools believe they are punishing anybody for anything.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:21 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, since I do not support every aspect of his agenda. But we have always made deals with the Russians. Even our most conservative right-wing presidents have done so.

Reagan negotiated the INF treaty and set the foundation for START. Nixon gave us SALT I.

To not make deals is both stupid and self destructive.

Exactly the point.

The Obama-haters are looking for anything - just anything - to "spin" against Obama. If any other president - especially a GOP one - did the same thing they would be praised for using "a politically savvy strategy."

Old 03-26-2012, 05:25 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Should have been " Obama begs Russians for help with his re erection"

I think he gets one every time the communists come calling.
Oh my. I imagine you fancy yourself as being clever and witty.

Are you in the Fifth Grade?

Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,180 times
The Russians wont help anyways. He didnt bow to them

Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
What I don't get is what Obama thinks he is going to accomplish talking to Medvedev, who is basically Putin's caddy.

Russian joke (from a friend of mine in Moscow):

Putin and Medvedev go to Sizzler's for dinner. Putin orders a steak and baked potato. The waiter asks Putin "What about the vegetable?" Putin says "Oh, he'll have a steak, too."

Old 03-26-2012, 06:08 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What I don't get is what Obama thinks he is going to accomplish talking to Medvedev, who is basically Putin's caddy.
Had you been paying attention, he was specifically asking Medvedev to carry the message to Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies