Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,340,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Which occurred in a vacuum........

Zimmerman was just driving around minding his business, polishing his neighborhood watch captain's bars and whistling "Dixie," when all of a sudden this big black buck wearing a hoodie and carrying a bag of Skittles rolled up on him and started beating the living crap out of him. Being the upstanding citizen he is, Zimmerman had to protect himself, because he feared for his life, so he whipped out his gun and shot the Negro interloper.
Thats pretty much what the ignorant is lead to believed happened. I mean that they think this kid is stupid. Who in their right mind would attack a grown man carrying a gun for no reason? I have heard the most assinine responses to this question from "you know teenagers do stupid things" to "he was out looking for trouble"

Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,517 times
Quote:
Is there any proof that Trayvon Martin at any time was being antagonistic towards George Zimmerman? Zimmerman had a gun. Martin was unarmed. Martin ended up dead. Doesn't reflect too well on the "self-defense" angle.
If you have a gun legally, and you are being physically assaulted and feel as though you may be in risk of great bodily harm or death, you bet your azz you can use the self defense angle.Whether the other person is armed or not.

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 04-02-2012 at 08:47 AM..

Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,930,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Since when does how someone looks have to do with empathy?

Deny it all you want...it was a loaded statement with underlying implications.
Oh, never mind!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,517 times
Quote:
What is Zimmerman innocent of? He killed a person with his gun. If he thinks he's innocent, he's pretty much a sociopath with no morals.
In your eyes only.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,374,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Thats pretty much what the ignorant is lead to believed happened. I mean that they think this kid is stupid. Who in their right mind would attack a grown man carrying a gun for no reason? I have heard the most assinine responses to this question from "you know teenagers do stupid things" to "he was out looking for trouble"
If GZ was carrying his gun concealed, TM would not have known he was going after an armed person.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:40 AM

32,151 posts, read 34,807,116 times
Now voice recognition experts are saying that it's not GZ's voice that's screaming on the 911 tape. Looks like another self-defense theory bites the dust...

George Zimmerman is not the one crying for help on the 911 tapes, experts say | GlobalPost

Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,092,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

It's not about what the "ignorant" believe. It's about basing it on the EVIDENCE we have so far.

Zimmerman did not have his gun visible (unless new evidence or statement says so).

SO, with that said, would I put it past a 17 year old 6'2 to be confronational with a 28 year old 5'8 male, not at all. I wouldn't be surprised one bit. Between hormones, sense of being invincible, and likely having a physical advantage, I wouldn't be shocked if he attacked first. However, I would never state this as a fact, which so many people on this board seem to know the facts, I'm stating its a possibility.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 AM

17,476 posts, read 14,718,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Now voice recognition experts are saying that it's not GZ's voice that's screaming on the 911 tape. Looks like another self-defense theory bites the dust...

George Zimmerman is not the one crying for help on the 911 tapes, experts say | GlobalPost
Similar links have been posted numerous times in this thread.

The attorney for the parents of Trayvon said on Geraldo last night, that they would be forwarding his voice samples immediately so they could be compared as well.

I look forward to those results.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,092,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Similar links have been posted numerous times in this thread.

The attorney for the parents of Trayvon said on Geraldo last night, that they would be forwarding his voice samples immediately so they could be compared as well.

I look forward to those results.

Same here.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,920,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There are thousands of threads debating that issue. I suggest you revive one as this is not the place.

BTW...Worked out real well. We all know how well it panned out while Bush was in office.

I really do not expect you to click on the links I provided because ignorance does seem to be bliss full to many.

Deregulated, Laissez-Faire, Trickle-Down Economics Destroyed U.S. Dominance
Deregulated, Laissez-Faire, Trickle-Down Economics Destroyed U.S. Dominance - Business Insider

The Epic Failure of Republican Trickle Down Economics
The Epic Failure of Republican Trickle Down Economics | Crooks and Liars

In a bizarre way this Zimmerman/Martin tragedy does relate to the voodoo economics issue. It once again proves that when it comes to the right wing...facts don't matter and idiotic legislation that leads to disaster is not considered detrimental.

...and this is the last time I respond to this subject on this thread.
Don't link me to articles that show me how trickle down economics has failed... Because trickle down economics in America were never "trickle down economics"

Clearly, you ignored my premise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies