Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 06:49 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times

Advertisements

I understand arguments on both sides, but if the family of Trayvon Martin, wanted a peaceful resolution, then why stir up the controversy, and toss race into the picture?

Why allow Sharpton and Jackson into the fray? Give an interview, and state for these glory hounds to go home, and everyone shut up, and let the police and the law do their jobs.

Trayvon Martin's Father Says They Are Looking For A Peaceful Resolution In The Case Of His Son's Death | Fox News

Personally, self defense or not, the man PUT himself in a position for this to happen, and deserves some kind of punishment, but the circus now involved with this almost certainly denies a fair trial, so what is a peaceful and EQUITABLE resolution to this mess, and how can it be accomplished?

Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
I believe Zimmerman was wrong. Possibly not charging him was wrong. I also believe there was an altercation. Who started it, I don't know. But I do know kids are being trained in violence. That's all they see; they think it makes them a man. So I can not discount Zimmerman's story. If it was self defense, I guess I have to agree with the state attorney.
Does it strike you as being odd that a state DA would travel 50 miles for a case AND that he has ties to the suspect's father? If there was an altercation and the victime can see that the aggessor has a gun on his hip (not concealed) and has no authority to arrest or detain why should he NOT fear him and defend himself? In otherwords aho in their right mind would attack an armed man with a gun for no reason?

Old 04-02-2012, 06:58 AM

17,418 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Does it strike you as being odd that a state DA would travel 50 miles for a case AND that he has ties to the suspect's father? If there was an altercation and the victime can see that the aggessor has a gun on his hip (not concealed) and has no authority to arrest or detain why should he NOT fear him and defend himself? In otherwords aho in their right mind would attack an armed man with a gun for no reason?
Where did you read that?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
What would you do if your son were killed? He was unarmed, not participating in a crime, coming back from a convenience store?

What would you do if the police knew who shot him, and no arrests were made?

I would do EXACTLY what Trayvon Martin's parents are doing...keep his name in the papers until something is done.

Don't judge these people till you've walked a mile in their shoes, and pray to God you never have to make that walk.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Just like people conveniently glaze over the fact that Obama was specifically asked about his thoughts on this case at the end of a press conference; he didn't 'butt in' as you RW's so love to distort.
Blahblahblah, LW, RW.

Obama could have left his comment to 'Well, I’m the head of the executive branch, and the Attorney General reports to me so [I'd rather not] make any statement to make sure that we’re not impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.'

How do you think Zimmerman should have answered the question--- 'No comment.'

Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I understand arguments on both sides, but if the family of Trayvon Martin, wanted a peaceful resolution, then why stir up the controversy, and toss race into the picture?

Why allow Sharpton and Jackson into the fray? Give an interview, and state for these glory hounds to go home, and everyone shut up, and let the police and the law do their jobs.

Trayvon Martin's Father Says They Are Looking For A Peaceful Resolution In The Case Of His Son's Death | Fox News

Personally, self defense or not, the man PUT himself in a position for this to happen, and deserves some kind of punishment, but the circus now involved with this almost certainly denies a fair trial, so what is a peaceful and EQUITABLE resolution to this mess, and how can it be accomplished?
Something tells me that the tide of evidence is turning AGAINST Trayvon Martin. Suddenly it's something to be quiet about...

Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
As far as I can recall, the parents were not making it a racial matter.
What I do know is that the parents want justice - plain and simple. The parents questioned how the murder of their son was handled, felt it was handled wrong, and wanted answers. What parent wouldn't? I'm sure they tried to get answers quietly, but because no one was listening or would at least investigate the murder of their son, they went public. I would have done the same.

Making it racial were those who attached themselves to the case, which the parents had/have no control over. The parents don't have control over the press/organizations/individuals who are making it more about race rather that the fact that a boy was murdered and no arrest was made.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Something tells me that the tide of evidence is turning AGAINST Trayvon Martin. Suddenly it's something to be quiet about...

ermmm, ok.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
What would you do if your son were killed? He was unarmed, not participating in a crime, coming back from a convenience store?

What would you do if the police knew who shot him, and no arrests were made?

I would do EXACTLY what Trayvon Martin's parents are doing...keep his name in the papers until something is done.

Don't judge these people till you've walked a mile in their shoes, and pray to God you never have to make that walk.
Regardless of Zimmerman's stupidity, it is possible - EVEN POSSIBLE - that Trayvon Martin wasn't the saint you seem to think he was? And is it possible - EVEN POSSIBLE - that he actually assaulted Zimmerman?

Possible?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they see there is too much focus of their son's death to be racial and want to bring it back to what they want - justice, and leaving the racial side out of it - which should have never come into it in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies