Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 AM

381 posts, read 507,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The more recent confirmed photos I've seeen of Trayvon Martin do not look anything like the one with the gold teeth on the page you linked. Until someone can confirm that those are actually his pics, I'd chalk it up to more internet bunk.

As for the new and improved video, I have to agree with one of the comments on the page, looks as if its been enhanced to bring out shadows. I imagine witness credibility will also be dealt with by law enforcement. Why would Zimmerman have bandages on the day after, but not the evening of the incident? Swelling might occur to some degree afterwards, but bleeding? I don't think that it is common medical procedure to bandage swelling.

Looking for the link to actual confirmed photos...

Here they are...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/23617180-post3167.html
yes, exactly why would a person that is not being charged for a shooting try to act all innocent the next day. did he know that public opinion would go against him a month later? do people try to hide bruises with bandages? if they do, why?

if you are going to ask questions, then think of some common answers.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:22 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
What's the difference between the KKK and the civil rights activists? Do you think any group has the right to intimidate, threaten, incite violence, put a bounty on a guy, post his address, etc. Sorry, these protestors are racists.
First of all you seem to be incapable of differentiating between civil rights activists and radical fringe groups. Activists such as Sharpton and Jackson have only demanded due process of law starting with a thorough and comprehensive investigation which might lead up to an arrest. Many legal experts have already determined that there is enough cause to arrest him at present. The head detective the night of the shooting was not convinced of Zimmerman's story and signed an affidavit stating so.

Provide a link where Sharpton or Jackson is calling for violence and your post might hold water.

BTW...another poster mistook a call for "Civil Disobedience" for violence. They are not the same thing...at all.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:27 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
He was stupid. He did a stupid thing. But I trust the police. If the police didn't charge him, then I guess there was more to it than I know.

On the other hand, the protesters are a bunch of racist hypocrites. The only connection they have to Treyvon is that they are black and he was black. So what is driving them? Racial hatred! Putting a bounty on Zimmerman? What is that? Yeah. They cheered when O.J. was released. But when it comes to a white guy defending himself, it is a matter of race.
Very few people support violence against Zimmerman, but that's what gets attention, not the peaceful outcries of those who only want a fair trial.

As already mentioned by sickofnyc, you obviously haven't read much about this case. The chief investigator, Chris Serino, filed an affidavit on the night of the shooting. He said he was unconvinced by Zimmerman's account of the events and wanted him arrested immediately for manslaughter. The Chief of Police, Bill Lee, who has "temporarily" stepped down, then called the State Attorney, Norm Wolfinger, who drove 50 miles to meet Lee at the scene. This was on a Sunday night. Then, although it's probably a big coincidence Zimmerman, the son of a retired Supreme Court Magistrate, is released without any charges. Even the part-time Mayor of Sanford said in an interview that the police were reluctant to share information. I guess you don't find that odd, but I do.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 AM

381 posts, read 507,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakhan............the world will be a better place when their life clock expires
they are an important part of history. without them, change would have been slow. we still need them around to remind ourselves of what happened in the past. you know what happens when we forget the past, we are doomed to repeat it.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:37 AM

592 posts, read 414,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh, that's a fact! The lead detective wanted to charge Zimmerman that night, but the state attorney refused to file charges!

If the "race haters" hadn't gotten behind a family that campaigned for a month before anyone outside Sanford paid the least of attention to this issue that their is finally the appearance of a real investigation into the facts.
I would charge Zimmerman with manslaughter if that makes you feel better. But if the state attorney couldn't file charges, and I know those guys would like nothing better than to prosecute, then I have to assume they didn't have a case.

Protesting and intimidation can not be the way to resolve this.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
they are an important part of history. without them, change would have been slow. we still need them around to remind ourselves of what happened in the past. you know what happens when we forget the past, we are doomed to repeat it.
You are still following Frederick Douglas's "Agitate, agitate, agitate." Will it ever be over?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Very few people support violence against Zimmerman, but that's what gets attention, not the peaceful outcries of those who only want a fair trial.

As already mentioned by sickofnyc, you obviously haven't read much about this case. The chief investigator, Chris Serino, filed an affidavit on the night of the shooting. He said he was unconvinced by Zimmerman's account of the events and wanted him arrested immediately for manslaughter. The Chief of Police, Bill Lee, who has "temporarily" stepped down, then called the State Attorney, Norm Wolfinger, who drove 50 miles to meet Lee at the scene. This was on a Sunday night. Then, although it's probably a big coincidence Zimmerman, the son of a retired Supreme Court Magistrate, is released without any charges. Even the part-time Mayor of Sanford said in an interview that the police were reluctant to share information. I guess you don't find that odd, but I do.
What's odd about it? He stepped down because of the threats of violence and intimidation. You got the racist hypocrites inciting violence. Spike Lee giving out the family's address. The Black Panthers putting a bounty on Zimmerman. No wonder no one wants to talk.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 AM

Frankly I'm surprised these activists aren't arrested. This is no way to run a civil society.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
What's the difference between the KKK and the civil rights activists? Do you think any group has the right to intimidate, threaten, incite violence, put a bounty on a guy, post his address, etc. Sorry, these protestors are racists.
Roseanne Barr is not Black. She also tweeted the Zimmerman's address. Why aren't you criticizing her? Yes, Spike Lee did the same thing, used the wrong address, and apologized. Both of them were wrong.

However, if you think people only get like this when it is racially motivated, please explain the threats against Casey Anthony. Do you know how many people drove, even flew, to Orlando? There were protests in the streets.

So there's no misunderstanding here, I am not comparing the crazy people who stalk & threaten others with peaceful protesters who are asking for justice. Our Constitution specifically provides the right for peaceful assembly. Certain people use the Constitution frequently in their rants, but they forget about it when it suits them.

Here is what Ghandi said about Civil Disobedience

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state has become lawless or corrupt. And a citizen who barters with such a state shares in its corruption and lawlessness."

...and we all know how violent Ghandi was.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
What's odd about it? He stepped down because of the threats of violence and intimidation. You got the racist hypocrites inciting violence. Spike Lee giving out the family's address. The Black Panthers putting a bounty on Zimmerman. No wonder no one wants to talk.
There's an expression on the internet "don't feed the trolls." It's obvious I didn't say it was odd that the Chief of Police stepped down. I said it was odd to me that a lead investigator was overruled, and that both the Chief of Police and the State's Attorney got together on a Sunday night. Zimmerman wasn't even detained for more than a couple of hours. People spend the night in jail for traffic violations.

By the way, the so-called "New Black Panthers" are not affiliated whatsoever with any Black activist group. They are considered to be a hate group and listed as one. (just like the KKK) They have no connection to the Black Panther Party. I can call myself Miss USA, but it doesn't make me a beauty queen.

I don't know how much you are familiar with Florida Law, but let's compare 2 recent cases.

A 28 year old man follows a 17 year old and shoots him to death. The teenager is unarmed, is carrying a bag of Skittles and Arizona iced tea. That man is sent home the same evening.

A 36 year old man has a fight with his wife and kills the family pets, 3 bunny rabbits. He is sentenced to 2 years in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies