Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 11:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
New high def version of the videos clearly establishes that Zimmerman was banged up like he claimed.

New Videos Show Zimmerman’s Gashed Head & Broken Face

Clear large wound and contusions on back of head, nose clearly distorted and looks it's broken. Eyes also appear blackened in second video.

Completely backs up what neighbor said:

"I saw George. He was banged up. His head had two big bandages, that weren't flat, had a bump on them," the neighbor, who did not want to be identified, said.

He described where the injuries were.

"I seen him have a big bandage on his nose and his nose swollen. On the side, where his eyes were at, it was swollen," he said.

He points out exactly where on a picture.

"I seen the bandage right here, and this side of his nose and this side of his nose was swollen."

Now will people apologize to me for questioning my analysis of the original video :-)

Trayvon was also reffing school fist fights, increasing likelihood he was violent and aggressive like Zimmerman said.

Did Trayvon Martin Referee School Fights?

This coupled with facebook/twitter evidence of Trayvon assaulting a bus driver, possibly being involved in a burglary where one of his buddies was "roped" (i.e. arrested), and also abusing codeine (lending credence to Zim's belief that he was on drugs) all add up to a troubled man who was up to no good.

Zim does have some past history, but it's all very old (2005, 2006 latest?). And not nearly as damaging IMO.
The more recent confirmed photos I've seeen of Trayvon Martin do not look anything like the one with the gold teeth on the page you linked. Until someone can confirm that those are actually his pics, I'd chalk it up to more internet bunk.

As for the new and improved video, I have to agree with one of the comments on the page, looks as if its been enhanced to bring out shadows. I imagine witness credibility will also be dealt with by law enforcement. Why would Zimmerman have bandages on the day after, but not the evening of the incident? Swelling might occur to some degree afterwards, but bleeding? I don't think that it is common medical procedure to bandage swelling.

Looking for the link to actual confirmed photos...

Here they are...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/23617180-post3167.html

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-01-2012 at 11:47 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 PM

592 posts, read 414,873 times
He was stupid. He did a stupid thing. But I trust the police. If the police didn't charge him, then I guess there was more to it than I know.

On the other hand, the protesters are a bunch of racist hypocrites. The only connection they have to Treyvon is that they are black and he was black. So what is driving them? Racial hatred! Putting a bounty on Zimmerman? What is that? Yeah. They cheered when O.J. was released. But when it comes to a white guy defending himself, it is a matter of race.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
He was stupid. He did a stupid thing. But I trust the police. If the police didn't charge him, then I guess there was more to it than I know.

On the other hand, the protesters are a bunch of racist hypocrites. The only connection they have to Treyvon is that they are black and he was black. So what is driving them? Racial hatred! Putting a bounty on Zimmerman? What is that? Yeah. They cheered when O.J. was released. But when it comes to a white guy defending himself, it is a matter of race.
You are obviously not well read or informed on all the information that is out there..and much that is factual when you take the time to sift thru it. You are coming from the racist place that accuse others of if you seriously believe that this case does not require further investigation.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboodude View Post
Sorry but you keep trying to make a us differ when we do not.
On some points we agree, but our conversation isn't private so I make write my comments with others in mind.

Quote:
You are repetitious but that does not make you correct...just repetitious.
You raise the same points, I make a consistent argument and I'm repetitious?

Quote:
Unfortunately that defense gave Zimmerman the neccessary conditions to kill Martin.
Without fear of being repetitious, the Florida statute already cited disagrees.

Quote:
I am skeptical that there is any way in which Zimmerman could challenge Martin without the risk of an angry confrontation.
Perhaps Zimmerman was incapable but I don't believe that it couldn't be accomplished if that was his intent. When Martin asked demanded to know if he had a problem, he could have put some distance between himself and Martin all the while stating in a calm voice, first what his name was, his volunteer status with the neighborhood watch, and an apology and a statement of his concerns based upon the communities resist history. Martin may not have like being profiled but I doubt it would have reached the level of a physical confrontation.

Quote:
There is little evidence that Zimmerman was anything more than annoyed.
"these *******s always get away!" is a indication of mere annoyance?

Quote:
But I see no way it created any constraints on him. And Zimmerman could quite clearly confront Martin without becoming an aggressor. Merely intercepting the kid however he did it in that complex was well within his rights.
And I'm repetitious (see previously posted Florida statute)?

Quote:
Scaring someone does not make you an aggressor.
That is the very foundation of the stand your ground statute

Quote:
I believe you don't understand. Being an aggressor disqualifies you from the use of self defense.
I don't understand?? Aggression? Zimmerman's following and angry demeanor was indeed aggression! The much cited law doesn't require that aggression only takes place once some physical act takes places just the imminent belief that it will.

Quote:
But you may cause another to cite self defense without being an aggressor. The class of those who cause one to be able to cite self defense includes aggressors but also non-aggressors.
For the umpteenth time, Florida statute requires that the aggressor must retreat, and avoid at all cost any physical act on the part of the aggressor, be that aggression legal or not!

Quote:
Bull. Implied duties are the sort of thing one makes up when the law is not supportive.
Ah, perhaps you should point this out to the two lawyers who taught my concealed weapons class.

Quote:
But a lack of common sense does not constitute a felony or we would have a whole lot of people in jail.
It does when sets into motion a series of events that result in the unjustified killing of another.

Quote:
Zimmerman's state of mind becomes an issue only if he fails in his self defense claim.
Talk about BS! Zimmerman's state of mind is every part of determining the validity of his self-defense claim and would be part of any competent prosecutors opening remarks.

Quote:
Unfortunately however he began with a big initial victory that gave Zimmerman the opening and perhaps the need to shoot.
It may have given Zimmerman the opening and the his feeling that there was a need to use deadly force but that remains to be decided by a jury. Every day some defendant claims some opening/need to do what they do only to find that their reasoning is legally fallacious.

Quote:
I think the Florida statute simply creates a situation where any impromptu duel (fight if you like) provides both opponents with an air tight defense if they kill or badly damage their opponent.
Only if one ignores the existence of 776.041!

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Quote:
The aggressor clause is not going to fix this. If you are a big guy and walk up smartly to a small guy have you provoked an attack? If you ask him why he is present at this location does that constitute a provocation?
But those aren't the facts before us. Zimmerman didn't just come out of his door and politely ask Martin what he was doing and why was he in the vicinity. He stalked Martin first in his truck, then exiting his truck and RUNNING after him!

Old 04-01-2012, 11:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
But I trust the police. If the police didn't charge him, then I guess there was more to it than I know.
Oh, that's a fact! The lead detective wanted to charge Zimmerman that night, but the state attorney refused to file charges!

If the "race haters" hadn't gotten behind a family that campaigned for a month before anyone outside Sanford paid the least of attention to this issue that their is finally the appearance of a real investigation into the facts.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh, that's a fact! The lead detective wanted to charge Zimmerman that night, but the state attorney refused to file charges!

If the "race haters" hadn't gotten behind a family that campaigned for a month before anyone outside Sanford paid the least of attention to this issue that their is finally the appearance of a real investigation into the facts.
Cannot rep you again...

That is what is burning the arses of so many. That civil rights activists had the audacity to intervene and use their powers of persuasion to demand civil rights and due process of law for Trayvon Martin and his family. Go figure.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:48 PM

179 posts, read 156,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Not so fast. He looks awfully comfortable. Appears to have no trouble walking or breathing from this video. I'll give you, he may have felt like he was getting the beating of his life but he looks awfully comfortable to be 30 minutes s/p a near fatal beating.

And yes, there is cut on his head- I've gashed my head worse than that with clippers.

The level of denial is really disturbing. I think the media has really distorted people's perceptions of what happened. After all we have been lied to about (edited 911 call, intentionally fuzzy and blurry police station video, deceptive statements about a "gated community" to conjure images of white privilege while in reality it was a low-income development, using old photos of both people, lying about Zimmerman's race, etc.), I would hope people would start thinking a little more critically about this case.

Look - they guy was beat up. I'm not saying Zimmerman was necessarily justified, because it's *possible* he was the initial aggressor (which is the whole controversy here, and the thing for which we have literally 0 public evidence at this point). But if somebody was inflicting the kind of wounds we see in that video - scalp busted open, large contusions, and a busted up nose - then the victim would unquestionably be in reasonable fear of great bodily harm and lethal force would be justified if the victim was not the initial aggressor. People die in bar fights. It is not okay to pummel somebody to the point their scalp busts open and their nose breaks. I have personally seen people with horrendous injuries from only one good punch - shattered eye sockets, broken jaws, bad concussions. A lot of these injuries are significantly less visible than what we see with Zimmerman in the new, clear video.

It only takes a second to go from fighting with a guy to unconscious or dead. You do not, under the law, have to wait until bones are piercing through your skin and you're on the verge of death to defend yourself. Thank god we live in a country that recognizes this.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 PM

A bunch of racist hypocrites leading the protestors, inciting racial hatred. Isn't there a law against that? Like I said, the only connection they have to Treyvon is they are black and he was black. What made this a civil rights issue? Zimmerman was not black.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:59 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,535 times
Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakhan............the world will be a better place when their life clock expires

Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Cannot rep you again...

That is what is burning the arses of so many. That civil rights activists had the audacity to intervene and use their powers of persuasion to demand civil rights and due process of law for Trayvon Martin and his family. Go figure.
What's the difference between the KKK and the civil rights activists? Do you think any group has the right to intimidate, threaten, incite violence, put a bounty on a guy, post his address, etc. Sorry, these protestors are racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies