Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, a good head slamming, one that left you in fear of your life, as supposedly Zimmerman's did, would warrant the attention of a physician, if not a hosptial admission.

I work in a dr's office (pediatrics) and we get at least one call a day about head injuries. I know what I'm talking about.
And I was hit in the head with a ball bat and released a few hours later. It all depends on the physician seeing you. I am of the wait and see what comes out in this case, so I have no dog in the hunt with regards to the back and forth Zimmerman/Martin crowd.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:21 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Don't know if this was posted or not and i hate to add to the Zimmerman case but this is really relevant and good for NBC for looking into this.

WOW!!! &%$#!

Exposed by Fox News and Newsbusters, NBC played the conversation on the “Today Show” as: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”

The unabridged version is:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.
‘He Looks Black’: NBC Launching Investigation into Selective Editing of Zimmerman Police Tape | Video | TheBlaze.com
I heard the acutal version and never paid very much attention or never heard the edited one. I did hear the 911 operator ask Zimmerman about Martin's race and Zimmerman answered.. In truth, I am not convinced that this was racially motivated, which is to say, I don't think Zimmerman killed Martin because he was black, but I think that he might have assumed that the police department would not give it the attention and scrutiny that they might have for a white kid. If racism is an issue, it might be more on the part of the law enforcement in Sanford than it was with Zimmerman.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:24 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It just doesn't add up....

If he was knocked down, hit in the head or had his head slammed into the ground... You get admitted. You get checked into the hospital and observed for signs of concussion and internal bleeding..

There was no evidence of this after the fact....

it says "It was decided he was in good enough condition...."

Who made that decision????
Not necessarily, you can get knocked down and hit in the head, bumping it against the ground, all of which could make you fear for your life, all without incurring a concussion or internal bleeding. The police made the decision after he had received medical attention that he had not been harmed enough to take him to the hospital. That is part of their training to make that assessment.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:27 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, a good head slamming, one that left you in fear of your life, as supposedly Zimmerman's did, would warrant the attention of a physician, if not a hosptial admission.

I work in a dr's office (pediatrics) and we get at least one call a day about head injuries. I know what I'm talking about.
A rank fool would not accept the spinmeister trickery that is being given to the public regarding Zimmerman.

The video was CLEAR. He was not hurt. There's a cover-up going on....and we know it.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene
Nonsense. The impact from the bullet would naturally fling him backwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
Physics makes this, well, impossible. Here's a link (complete with its own links) in which people smarter than you or I discuss this.

The 3rd law and bullet impact
I agree, that is nonsense, a bullet with enough force to fling a person backwards could not be fired from a handheld gun. That is all just movie theatrics.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
A rank fool would not accept the spinmeister trickery that is being given to the public regarding Zimmerman.

The video was CLEAR. He was not hurt. There's a cover-up going on....and we know it.
The video was made AFTER he had received medical attention. Any blood would have been cleaned up.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:31 PM

381 posts, read 507,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Zimmerman is a racist and unstable person who got off on his "watch captain" role to the point he "hunted down suspects" who only existed in his own delusional mind. His history shows us this truth.
his black friends know him better than you do...

Quote:
The attempted justification of his actions by some shows how horrible party politics has become in this nation. It also shows racism is alive and well in the Republican party to the point of excusing a murderer.
it's not an attempted justification, it's lack of evidence and the current evidence that supports his story. racism exists and will never go away. some are more extreme than the other. no one is perfect, except for Jesus.

Quote:
Please wake up America. I know the majority doesn't feel this way. Don't let the power hungry racist old white power cronies have a bigger voice just because old money still buys air time.

They are not the majority. Unite for a better America.
you need to wake up and learn to be more objective.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Zimmerman is a racist and unstable person who got off on his "watch captain" role to the point he "hunted down suspects" who only existed in his own delusional mind. His history shows us this truth.

He is a dangerous person who crossed the line to murderer.

The attempted justification of his actions by some shows how horrible party politics has become in this nation. It also shows racism is alive and well in the Republican party to the point of excusing a murderer.

Please wake up America. I know the majority doesn't feel this way. Don't let the power hungry racist old white power cronies have a bigger voice just because old money still buys air time.

They are not the majority. Unite for a better America.
this is what annoys me, blaming "power hungry racist old whites".

are you freaking kidding me?

there isn't even a white guy involved in the episode.

this is a tragedy that happened between 2 people and most of us still don't have the facts.

until all the facts are on the table, we are all just speculating what happened. that is what the grand jury is for, and that is the tough legal decision that they will have to make. the grand jury is going to be empaneled on april 10, so it's not that far off now.

the tapes and eyewitnesses are going to be extremely important, but i don't know how anyone can deny that there was some kind of altercation based on all the screaming in the background.

if that was trayvon screaming for help, then we have a murder charge.

if that was george screaming for help, then we might have something different.

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-01-2012 at 04:43 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
It is not possible to determine that from the video, it is too low a quality to tell much of anything about the condition of his nose or skin on his head.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose. and that he was given medical attention before he was transported to the police station. Typically medical attention for that bleeding would have cleaned up any sign of it, and all of this happened before he was transported to the police station, where the video was made.
Zimmerman claims that Trayvon was beating him to kill him. The newer version from the Zimmermans, is that Trayvon also threated to kill Zimmerman with Zimmerman's own gun. Why that tidbit wasn't included in the first version is apparent to logical people.

Anyway, if Zimmerman did in fact have wounds, they would seem to be more like ones that would come from someone trying to protect and defend themselves from an aggressor as opposed to being the aggressor and beating them from within an inch of their life. Trayvon was protecting himself from an aggressive person with a history that precedes him.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:33 PM

687 posts, read 1,947,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I agree, that is nonsense, a bullet with enough force to fling a person backwards could not be fired from a handheld gun. That is all just movie theatrics.
It also ignores the fact that our insides are basically made of Jello with some bones surrounding them (and not all of it). Would a 6'3" Jello monolith "fling backwards" if you shot it? Of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies